UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel NOW! Minimates Blind Bag Series

youbastards

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/12/2016 at 10:58 AM, MisterPL said:

I guess these characters will be more easily recognized in comic shops than anywhere else but this is not the kind of character selection I'm seeing in other Marvel blind bags. Usually it's characters like Spidey and the Avengers either in their movie costumes or in their classic suits, what DST offered in the Greatest Hits assortments.

I was in Party City over the weekend and even they carry blind-packaged Marvel collectibles. But it's not nearly as obscure as this. If DST Sales is really looking to grab a larger marketshare outside of comic shops, I doubt this character selection will do the trick. 

Luckily, the purpose of this series is not to grab a market share outside of comic shops. It's to increase our presence IN comic shops, places where these characters are recognizable -- although there has already been a debate about recognizability in this thread. Whether you know Silk or Deadpool 2099, most of these characters are in Top 100 comics, and most are wearing pretty recognizable character looks. In fact, some of them have appeared on animated shows, as well.

If a large chain store came to us saying they wanted Marvel Minimates, and they didn't want Greatest Hits two-packs or this blind series, we'd come up with something that worked for them. We've discussed custom assortments with a few large chains in recent years, and Walgreens was one of them that happened.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2016 at 5:23 PM, spidermatt said:

Is Lukes Toy Store gettin these As well as series 69 on dec 17th as well?

For sure these will be on the 14th. Series 69 will most likely be the 14th, although sometimes our custom case assortments can arrive early or later than the standard assortments.

I was planning on ordering a case and sharing but after the assortment was revealed, I now have some figures that could use homes:

1x Iron Man

1x Old Man Logan

1x Wolverine II (X-23)

2x Spider-Man (Miles)

If anyone wants any of those, shoot me a PM and we'll work it out!

13 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I was planning on ordering a case and sharing but after the assortment was revealed, I now have some figures that could use homes:

1x Iron Man

1x Old Man Logan

1x Wolverine II (X-23)

2x Spider-Man (Miles)

If anyone wants any of those, shoot me a PM and we'll work it out!

PM shot at you.

I've made this offer to a few people so I'll post it here:

Does anybody want to go halves on a case with me? We would each get nine 'Mates and one would not get a Silk. One of us would get the Silk from the case. The other person would have to buy or acquire a Silk and we would split the cost of the additional Silk so it's even, down the middle.

Said person would have to have good trade feedback, etc. PayPal a must. We would have to work together on finding that second Silk for a reasonable price. I stress reasonable.

I figure this would help alleviate the sting of the three per case 'mates. Whoever did not get Silk would end up with the extra since there are three 3-per-case characters. Since these will probably be the most abundant on the aftermarket after the deluge, I figure it's not really a big deal who gets what (at least to me it's not).

PM me if this is something you would be interested in doing.

Edited by bigvis497