UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I was hoping to use Christine Palmer as a Claire Temple QC but Claire doesn't wear a lab coat. :confused:

 

tumblr_ny7qpo8B7N1uqfsrjo1_400.gif

 

I was hoping to do that too, but even if she didn't have the lab coat the skin tone would still be off.

As it is, I think I'll be skipping that pack. I'm in for the rest, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty confident I've got the right Prismacolor markers to match that skin tone but, yeah, that was another concern. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my Astral Doctor Strange today at TRU and he rung up for $5.25. That was a pleasant surprise.

 

I also noticed that there's a lot less text on the back of the packaging. I'm wondering if DST is getting rid of the character bios altogether or if there simply wasn't enough editorial info from Marvel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2016 at 3:07 PM, MisterPL said:

I was hoping to use Christine Palmer as a Claire Temple QC but Claire doesn't wear a lab coat. :confused:

So take the lab coat off and use the extra set of arms that comes with Palmer. :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DST always gives us the main love interest of the hero so I wouldn't say it's an unessential minimate, but I see what you mean. I think it would have been better if the regular Stephen Strange was wearing his doctor scrubs with an alternate surgical mask head. I think that would be a cooler display with Palmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

DST always gives us the main love interest of the hero so I wouldn't say it's an unessential minimate, but I see what you mean. I think it would have been better if the regular Stephen Strange was wearing his doctor scrubs with an alternate surgical mask head. I think that would be a cooler display with Palmer.

That would be my choice as well, if only because then we'd have a nice unbearded Benedict Cumberbach head, and you don't need to be the world's greatest detective to figure out my plans for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2016 at 4:03 PM, hellpop said:

That would be my choice as well, if only because then we'd have a nice unbearded Benedict Cumberbach head, and you don't need to be the world's greatest detective to figure out my plans for that.

Khan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

I think he's leaning toward Sherlock Holmes, but Khan would be cool too.

I... I know... it's a joke bro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  To be honest, a Cumberbatch head has tons of uses. Sherlock, Khan, Hawking, Turing, Van Gogh, Assange. It's truly a shame they went for hobo-Stephen and not surgeon or even dapper Stephen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Khan?

 

I'd make a Mirror Universe Khan since he's got the VanDyke. Not sure if that'd make him good because he's in the Mirror Universe or more evil because of the facial hair.

 

Then there's the whole alternate alternate timeline thing. :splode:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My LCS is still waiting for theirs. Might be in this Wednesday. No idea what happened, they just know they paid for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

My LCS is still waiting for theirs. Might be in this Wednesday. No idea what happened, they just know they paid for them.

I think my LCS might be in the same boat. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A week late but I have them now!

 

These are the best. They're outstanding. Nobody does block figures like Art Asylum. Just a tremendous effort. Terrific product, really. 

 

I'll tell you what I miss though. I miss the bios. I like the larger images on the back. Love 'em. The product is stunning and deserves to be seen but, were it up to me, I'd find a way to bring the bios back. Consumers deserve to know who they're dealing with. When Marvel sells its characters, they’re not selling their best. They’re selling characters that have lots of problems. They’re bringing powers. They’re bringing crime. They’re mutants. And some, I assume, are good characters. But consumers deserve to know who these characters are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

A week late but I have them now!

 

These are the best. They're outstanding. Nobody does block figures like Art Asylum. Just a tremendous effort. Terrific product, really. 

 

I'll tell you what I miss though. I miss the bios. I like the larger images on the back. Love 'em. The product is stunning and deserves to be seen but, were it up to me, I'd find a way to bring the bios back. Consumers deserve to know who they're dealing with. When Marvel sells its characters, they’re not selling their best. They’re selling characters that have lots of problems. They’re bringing powers. They’re bringing crime. They’re mutants. And some, I assume, are good characters. But consumers deserve to know who these characters are.

the-latest-national-security-experts-iss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't write bios because we didn't have official bios for all of the characters, we hadn't seen the film so we didn't know the details, and getting new, largely uninformed descriptions of studio characters approved is not always instantaneous, or even a sure thing. So in the interests of time on everyone's part, we used the official summary. Marvel similarly prefers an official write-up for the Netflix stuff. But comic lines will always have bios. I just finished Series 72!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read bios for Strange, Mordo, Ancient One, and Kaecilius. The rest are easy. I write great bios – and nobody writes bios better than me, believe me – and I’ll write them very inexpensively:

 

Wong: So good at being a magical librarian your head will spin.

 

Christine Palmer: Such a nasty woman. A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10. Strange could do better.

 

Zealot: Puppets of Kaecilus and some very bad hombres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up one set today at TRU. I just noticed they painted Dr Strange's scars on his hands, nice touch! I will go back for the other two sets soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...