UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr. Strange

ABC123

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Astral Doctor Strange today at TRU and he rung up for $5.25. That was a pleasant surprise.

I also noticed that there's a lot less text on the back of the packaging. I'm wondering if DST is getting rid of the character bios altogether or if there simply wasn't enough editorial info from Marvel.

DST always gives us the main love interest of the hero so I wouldn't say it's an unessential minimate, but I see what you mean. I think it would have been better if the regular Stephen Strange was wearing his doctor scrubs with an alternate surgical mask head. I think that would be a cooler display with Palmer.

2 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

DST always gives us the main love interest of the hero so I wouldn't say it's an unessential minimate, but I see what you mean. I think it would have been better if the regular Stephen Strange was wearing his doctor scrubs with an alternate surgical mask head. I think that would be a cooler display with Palmer.

That would be my choice as well, if only because then we'd have a nice unbearded Benedict Cumberbach head, and you don't need to be the world's greatest detective to figure out my plans for that.

On 12/3/2016 at 4:03 PM, hellpop said:

That would be my choice as well, if only because then we'd have a nice unbearded Benedict Cumberbach head, and you don't need to be the world's greatest detective to figure out my plans for that.

Khan?

15 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Khan?

I'd make a Mirror Universe Khan since he's got the VanDyke. Not sure if that'd make him good because he's in the Mirror Universe or more evil because of the facial hair.

Then there's the whole alternate alternate timeline thing. :splode:

A week late but I have them now!

These are the best. They're outstanding. Nobody does block figures like Art Asylum. Just a tremendous effort. Terrific product, really. 

I'll tell you what I miss though. I miss the bios. I like the larger images on the back. Love 'em. The product is stunning and deserves to be seen but, were it up to me, I'd find a way to bring the bios back. Consumers deserve to know who they're dealing with. When Marvel sells its characters, they’re not selling their best. They’re selling characters that have lots of problems. They’re bringing powers. They’re bringing crime. They’re mutants. And some, I assume, are good characters. But consumers deserve to know who these characters are.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

A week late but I have them now!

These are the best. They're outstanding. Nobody does block figures like Art Asylum. Just a tremendous effort. Terrific product, really. 

I'll tell you what I miss though. I miss the bios. I like the larger images on the back. Love 'em. The product is stunning and deserves to be seen but, were it up to me, I'd find a way to bring the bios back. Consumers deserve to know who they're dealing with. When Marvel sells its characters, they’re not selling their best. They’re selling characters that have lots of problems. They’re bringing powers. They’re bringing crime. They’re mutants. And some, I assume, are good characters. But consumers deserve to know who these characters are.

the-latest-national-security-experts-iss

I didn't write bios because we didn't have official bios for all of the characters, we hadn't seen the film so we didn't know the details, and getting new, largely uninformed descriptions of studio characters approved is not always instantaneous, or even a sure thing. So in the interests of time on everyone's part, we used the official summary. Marvel similarly prefers an official write-up for the Netflix stuff. But comic lines will always have bios. I just finished Series 72!

I've read bios for Strange, Mordo, Ancient One, and Kaecilius. The rest are easy. I write great bios – and nobody writes bios better than me, believe me – and I’ll write them very inexpensively:

Wong: So good at being a magical librarian your head will spin.

Christine Palmer: Such a nasty woman. A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10. Strange could do better.

Zealot: Puppets of Kaecilus and some very bad hombres.