UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr. Strange

ABC123

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And I love that you were able to get every major character in the film short of 

Dormammu who will likely come in the future when we know precisely what the hell the rest of him looks like

so nobody is left out and it's kinda great. 

I'm a little disappointed about the lack of accessories with these guys. I was hoping Kaecillius and the Zealots would come with a translucent sword like they use on the film, Ancient One would have her wicked cook fan weapons and Mondo equipped with his staff. The figures do look fantastic and I hope I can pick them all up, but I was expecting something a bit more in the accessories department.

As others have said, the box art for this wave looks fantastic.

1 hour ago, NerdyTrev said:

I'm a little disappointed about the lack of accessories with these guys. I was hoping Kaecillius and the Zealots would come with a translucent sword like they use on the film, Ancient One would have her wicked cook fan weapons and Mondo equipped with his staff. The figures do look fantastic and I hope I can pick them all up, but I was expecting something a bit more in the accessories department.

Yeah,while these 'mates are great, the lack of a few signature weapons or maybe a mystic tome is a little disappointing.

1 hour ago, MisterMiracle said:

I would love to see another go around on the comic style Classic Dr. Strange and a modern Dr. Strange.  

I definitely agree with this.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

2 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

When we started working on these, I had not seen much in the way of weaponry in the trailers. I assume much of it was still conceptual, and it was likely not shared with us.

These do look awesome.  I am impressed by them all.  I had it in my head that I would pass on some of these like the Ancient One (a personal favorite), but the end result is quite nice.

For what it's worth, Phase 3 of the Doctor Strange style guide did feature Mordo's Stick of Woe (or whatever it's called) and Kaecilius brandishing a bladed weapon. However that wasn't published to licensees 'til May and the bladed weapon doesn't look the same as it did in the film. The final look is far more ethereal. Chalk this one up to timing again.

The 'mates look great though. That spiraling portal would have made a fun stand.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-23-at-9.48.25-PM-e14