UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 69 - Multiverse Wishlist/Classic

Gmonkey2k

I love Blizzard, ever since I saw him in a Spider-Man comic, until I saw him in the old Toybiz Iron Man line I thought he was a Spidey villain actually, but his design always popped for me. And I think these more eclectic second tier villains add so much to a Marvel display, years ago it was always a dozen Spidey villains, Dr. Doom and some Brotherhood members. Now we have people from so many different corners. There are still holes in some classic villain teams but those teams used to be nonexistent, now they do and are growing. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I think youbastards wrote in with an epic Iron Man wish list, including a lot of IM foes, and I think Blizzy was one of them, but this is from a quick search of the Marvel Wish List thread:

DAMN... Zach dug in for receipts!

Well, I felt bad, like I'd pulled Blizzard out of nowhere, or I unfairly weighted youbastard's wishlist. I'm a big late 1980s early 1990s Iron Man fan, my first issue might have been the one where Stealth Iron Man battles Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man in Siberia, so the Iron Man rogues like Ghost and Whiplash and Blizzard are my favorites. So I did a search, and was pleasantly surprised to see him in the top ten of not only Iron Man wishlists, but FULL MU wishlists. That's how much people love these guys. Maybe not Gregor, but that one was Chuck's idea. I didn't even know Donny was the second Blizzard.

If I could make my own wave, it would have been:

Stingray/Hydro Iron Man

Ghost/Stealth Iron Man

Whiplash/Blizzard

Unicorn/Living Laser

And the OHOTMU was my jam.

Edited by DSTZach

Yeah, I sent in an ASK DST basically stating that even with the success of the Iron Man films, the last comic Iron Man themed wave we got was Wave 36 from 2010 and we could really use some more comic villains.  Iron Monger, Blacklash/Whiplash, Blizzard, Ghost, Madame Masque and one character that would translate really well as a Minimate, Unicorn.

^ Good lord do we need new army builders. 

If they made an army builder set of hydra agents, shield, agents, aim soldiers, mindless ones, Kree, regular soldiers/mercenaries/whatever else I would easily drop a grand on waves. Legit. It would kill my wallet and take a lot of saving but then I wouldn't really ever have to worry about army building again. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

I'm pretty happy with how DST does army builders as is. I don't have the space for massive hordes of army builders, and even if I did, in most cases I'd only want about two or three of each anyway.

I wouldn't really be interested in an army builder wave. I'd almost always rather get specific characters. I guess I'm in the minority, though. Just like how I have no interest in comic/MCU Warriors Three or the Wrecking Crew...

Iron Man doesn't have the best rogues gallery, per se, but they are the most colorful (certainly in the Marvel Universe) and I have a soft spot for them.  There's a great issue early in David Michelinie's first run that has Iron Man taking on a huge group of villains working for Justin Hammer, and it's just so much fun to see all these brightly colored bad guys.  My favorite? The Living Laser, who is high on my most wanted list.

When it boils down to it, there's two types of IM villains. People who are jealous of Tony Stark, or people who are given weapons by people who are jealous of Tony Stark. And for some reason, The Mandarin who doesn't fit either theme. I have such a soft spot for all of the Iron Man villains, I think they could all "work" in any context. Movies, cartoon, comics, whatever. You wanna fight Iron Man? You need some cool tech. Cool tech can be upgraded or modernized for any era.

I honestly feel the only reason Iron Man's rogues never get more than C-list recognition is because IM has never had a long "cool" critically acclaimed run in the comics and he's never had a decent run in other media (that used his villains). The movies don't use his rogues and the cartoon, while loved by me, is honestly pretty terrible. Batman and Spider-Man have decades of multimedia appearances to get people familiar with Joker, Venom, Bane, Electro, etc. What does IM have?

19 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Well, I felt bad, like I'd pulled Blizzard out of nowhere, or I unfairly weighted youbastard's wishlist. I'm a big late 1980s early 1990s Iron Man fan, my first issue might have been the one where Stealth Iron Man battles Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man in Siberia, so the Iron Man rogues like Ghost and Whiplash and Blizzard are my favorites. So I did a search, and was pleasantly surprised to see him in the top ten of not only Iron Man wishlists, but FULL MU wishlists. That's how much people love these guys. Maybe not Gregor, but that one was Chuck's idea. I didn't even know Donny was the second Blizzard.

If I could make my own wave, it would have been:

Stingray/Hydro Iron Man

Ghost/Stealth Iron Man

Whiplash/Blizzard

Unicorn/Living Laser

And the OHOTMU was my jam.

I'm here for MOST of this wave.  I may be alone with this but I loved the Iron Man Animated Series. oi40.jpg

Give me Madame Masque over Unicorn and you can have my money.

5359C5CF-8727-4669-ABC7-61EC2768DCA4_zps

So tonight at work I opened my order from Luke. This is the kinda purchase I make when comic stuff comes out, particularly classic comic stuff. Three custom cases. The only character I didn't *really* want was Gregor and even with that, it's just that I'd have preferred classic Blacklash/Whiplash or Ghost Grey Gargoyle or so forth before him.

I've been buying the shit outta series like this for awhile now and continue to do so to show support. Now I *finally* have classic Falcon and Black Knight, two of my most wanted characters ever. Series like this give me hope for classic Inhumans, comic Warriorrs Three and the Wrecking Crew.

So this is my formal thank you to Zach and everybody else who has listened to alllll my wishlisting/cinematic-bemoaning over the years. This is like a whole series of slang for me. And if you were around back before he came out, you should remember all my Kampaigning then. So thank you Zach. And thanks also to Luke for getting these beauties to me super quick. 

Edited by Mystery Man

6 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

5359C5CF-8727-4669-ABC7-61EC2768DCA4_zps

The two compartments on the bottom right are like a Hitchcock movie.

Glad they make you happy. Sorry if you feel like you have to buy so many of each just to make sure they happen again. Hopefully you have other things you want to do with them all!

11 hours ago, DSTZach said:

The two compartments on the bottom right are like a Hitchcock movie.

Glad they make you happy. Sorry if you feel like you have to buy so many of each just to make sure they happen again. Hopefully you have other things you want to do with them all!

I've got extras for customs and parts and just in case one breaks and they're super expensive on the secondary market later. 

Getting this series was was the best X-Mas gift ever. 

I got 4 Mandroids, and two of my Modern Blizzards each came with a different ice fist - one L and one R! So I can have him double fist! (Not intended to be as dirty as it sounds.)

Also, Modern Blizzard's ice slide is a different color/finish than Classic's. One is frosted & more white, and the other is clear & more blue. (I don't remember which I got more of off hand - they're at home, I'm at work.)