UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 69 - Multiverse Wishlist/Classic

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed the iconic character selection changed in the top left of the packaging.

The last time I believe we saw that art used was on TRU19 and the characters portrayed were Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine & Spider-Man. Deadpool-ized versions of this same art appeared on Wave 65. Most of the waves since then have had a specific theme (Axis, Giant-Size X-Men) so the logo of the theme replaced the group shot.

The current packaging trades out Wolverine & Thor for Hulk & Star-Lord. I wouldn't have believed you if you told me Star-Lord was going to be a top five Marvel icon ten years ago.

edit: looks like the Greatest Hits packaging did this first

Edited by bigvis497

On 10/18/2016 at 9:32 AM, bigvis497 said:

The last time I believe we saw that art used was on TRU19 and the characters portrayed were Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine & Spider-Man. Deadpool-ized versions of this same art appeared on Wave 65.

It's different art completely. Poses are different, etc. Nobody was "swapped out" so much as we chose to focus on the characters that would have the most heat in the coming year across all media. It will eventually be a mini-poster in Marvel Minimates packaging, once they stop running the old one.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on a release date? :D I think this wave may be my last purchase for a little while. I am not too interested in anything else coming out soon and my wallet could use the break for some holiday purchases. Of course I say that now but some awesome person will sell some stuff on facebook or I might find a good deal on ebay, heh. Always happens when I am trying to take a break. 

5 hours ago, CableNathan said:

Any news on a release date? :D I think this wave may be my last purchase for a little while. I am not too interested in anything else coming out soon and my wallet could use the break for some holiday purchases. Of course I say that now but some awesome person will sell some stuff on facebook or I might find a good deal on ebay, heh. Always happens when I am trying to take a break. 

According to Zach's posts in the Daredevil/JJ thread it sounds like both those box sets and 69 are any week now. They aren't on the release list for 11/9, so 11/16 would be the soonest any of them would go out but that is a maybe, maybe not as well.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Why would it be delayed? We had packaged samples a month ago, so it should arrive soon. Strange samples arrived more recently, but they should hopefully be out by end of year.

I thought it might be delayed to try to get the Strange wave out sooner, but that's good to know.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Why would it be delayed? We had packaged samples a month ago, so it should arrive soon. Strange samples arrived more recently, but they should hopefully be out by end of year.

Thanks! So end of November-ish then? Just curious since Animated 3 and both the DD and JJ sets have pasted it by and it was looking like Strange might too. I'm just really jazzed about this wait and want it in my hands. :D

Wasn't the original projected date end of October though and been pushed back to mid November? And yes I realize I used projected in that last question and what it implies.

Edited by Chigarillo

31 minutes ago, Chigarillo said:

Thanks! So end of November-ish then? Just curious since Animated 3 and both the DD and JJ sets have pasted it by and it was looking like Strange might too. I'm just really jazzed about this wait and want it in my hands. :D

Wasn't the original projected date end of October though and been pushed back to mid November? And yes I realize I used projected in that last question and what it implies.

Daredevil set was solicited a month before 69, so it didn't pass it. Animated 3 was developed long before anyone here saw it. When it was shown at SDCC, those were packaged samples.

Jessica Jones was solicited at the same time as 69, and it looks like they might come out within a week or two of each other, so we're doing pretty good there, too. Everything in that June Previews was TARGETED for October, but only half of the items from June actually shipped in October. One item shipped in September.

Manufacturing time varies, including how many rounds of review are required, and packaging approvals can sometimes enter multiple rounds as well. So we know that date will not apply to all things. And then you've got to fill a shipping container, so big stuff might ship sooner than little stuff. It's why Minimates assortments CAN ship together sometimes.

Edited by DSTZach

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Mass market retailers DO have shipping windows that demand to be kept. It's not unreasonable to assume that TRU would want Doctor Strange merchandise to be on shelves ASAP, possibly reprioritizing production.

It's definitely happened, but packaged samples are part of the production run, I believe, so the production for 69 was done before 70, based on when they showed up. Unless shipping is re-prioritized, i.e. space in a container, it should arrive first. It may not, but right now the system is showing an imminent ship date for 69, whether it is correct or not, and 70 does not have one, nor am I seeing any Strange TRU sets in the warehouse. I will keep everyone posted once I have a concrete date, as always. 

9 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Daredevil set was solicited a month before 69, so it didn't pass it. Animated 3 was developed long before anyone here saw it. When it was shown at SDCC, those were packaged samples.

Jessica Jones was solicited at the same time as 69, and it looks like they might come out within a week or two of each other, so we're doing pretty good there, too. Everything in that June Previews was TARGETED for October, but only half of the items from June actually shipped in October. One item shipped in September.

Manufacturing time varies, including how many rounds of review are required, and packaging approvals can sometimes enter multiple rounds as well. So we know that date will not apply to all things. And then you've got to fill a shipping container, so big stuff might ship sooner than little stuff. It's why Minimates assortments CAN ship together sometimes.

Thanks Zach. That clears that up, sorry if my question came off harsh or accusatory. Wasn't the intent. That makes sense with Animated 3, that wave seemed to be unveiled and distributed out of no where.

8 hours ago, thatblockoguy said:

When my LCS checked to see if they're shipping next week we saw that the date on the diamond/ previews site had been updated to December 14th. I cried a little.

can you confirm this date Zach

I can't confirm anything until they are in our warehouse. I am trying to see if they are, but I am not seeing them on a ship list yet.

7 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Thanks Zach. That clears that up, sorry if my question came off harsh or accusatory. Wasn't the intent. That makes sense with Animated 3, that wave seemed to be unveiled and distributed out of no where.

Dude, not harsh or accusatory at all, I was just clearing up what appeared to be a misperception. Sorry if my response came off as defensive, I only aim to clarify and put things in perspective. I do not always convey my intent well.