UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 69 - Multiverse Wishlist/Classic

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/3/2016 at 8:00 AM, BuffaloDelorean said:

Wow, that's a great QC! I didn't realise the parts existed to make him that close. What's the recipe?

Thanks  The recipe is as afollows 

Hair, Head, Arms, Legs -  Hercules (box set) 

Crotch Piece - Armored Lex Luthor  (DC) 

Chest Piece -  Army Builder Bad Guy from Tomb Raider  (dude with goggles and visible hair) 

Green Chest Harness - AoA Rogue (AOA Boxset) 

He is one of my favorite minimates, and super happy someone else likes the look 

Whoops, I didn't notice that, I must have been focused on other things. The final figure will have the gold face detailing, I just confirmed it.

I THOUGHT the ones I had were the ones I took out of the display case. In fact, I was sure of it. Not sure where THAT one went, but it was definitely a newer packaged sample. These must be older pre-package samples I have here.

Edited by DSTZach

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Whoops, I didn't notice that, I must have been focused on other things. The final figure will have the gold face detailing, I just confirmed it.

I THOUGHT the ones I had were the ones I took out of the display case. In fact, I was sure of it. Not sure where THAT one went, but it was definitely a newer packaged sample. These must be older pre-package samples I have here.

Thanks for making this video! I hope that there are more like it in the future.

13 hours ago, murderofcrows said:

Thanks  The recipe is as afollows 

Hair, Head, Arms, Legs -  Hercules (box set) 

Crotch Piece - Armored Lex Luthor  (DC) 

Chest Piece -  Army Builder Bad Guy from Tomb Raider  (dude with goggles and visible hair) 

Green Chest Harness - AoA Rogue (AOA Boxset) 

He is one of my favorite minimates, and super happy someone else likes the look 

Looks like that chest is actually from the blue hooded scavenger archer, as the guy with goggles and hair on top has mud on his torso piece. Still, thanks for the info! I can't wait to try this one!

On 12/7/2016 at 0:49 PM, thereasonsy said:

Thanks for making this video! I hope that there are more like it in the future.

I've done a few like this, over at youtube.com/user/collectdst

The Daredevil/Jessica Jones sets, most recently.

I'd LIKE to do one for Marvel NOW, but we'll see, it may be after the fact.

2 hours ago, Heinous said:

Got my sets today. Blizzard is especially, didn't know he came with the ice fist, very cool 

That ice fist is epic. I hope they make more and use it for a powered up Iceman.

de8f222d0974dd21c7a9eaa8e704c7b9.jpg

I got this set from Luke yesterday, and man do I love them.  Thoughts:

-Black Knight is so very great.  I have always loved this costume, and DST really nailed it.  My two quibbles: no sheath for the Ebony Blade; and I can't say I like Screamin' Dane Whitman, so I swapped out his head for a more dignified one.  Did you know that their heads just pop right off? It's easy!

-Enchantress is lovely.  I do wish that her hair were just a little bit... bigger I guess.  Oh well.  But she's been at the top of my want list for years and years and years, so it's great to finally get her.  Same year as we got a Marvel Legend of her! And people say 2016 sucked.

-Tigra, on the other hand, is perfect.

-Love the classic Falcon. I would have been fine if we'd never gotten him in this costume, but I'm glad to have him.

-The two Blizzards are pretty...wait for it...cool. :rimshot:I can't say I particularly wanted either of them, and despite the fact that this series is called Marvel's Most Wanted I don't recall any Minimate fan requesting the Blizzard, ever. I would have been happy with only the Donnie Gill version of the character, and I couldn't help staring at the variant and thinking "you should be the Dan Garrett Black Knight!".  But oh well.  Each Blizzard has different accessories, which is a nice touch.

-For a complete parts reuse, the Mandroid figure is pretty great.  Very clever work by the design team.  One word of warning: as I was attempting to de-gear one of my two Mandroids, one of the hip pegs snapped off in the leg.  I hate when that happens.  Probably just a one time thing, but just be careful that all that extra stuff on the legs doesn't make them more susceptible to breakage. The

This wave, right on the heels of the GSXM wave, reminds me why I love Minimates, and superheroes.  I fear that this wave isn't going to sell all that well, since there's no one even approaching the A-list in it, which will be a crying shame.  But it made me happy, at least.

I picked up the Black Knight/Enchantress and Falcon/Tigra packs today. I'll get the non-variant Blizzard set later.

-Black Knight is pretty much perfect. The only thing I could think to add would be 90's jacket & lightsaber parts, but that's in no way necessary. I think Dane might have the best hairpiece I've seen for a minimate of myself.

-Enchantress is great too, I think her hair's fine, but her eyes seem a little off. Irritatingly, mine had some paint rub at the elbow, but it isn't very noticeable.

-I'm surprised by how much I like Falcon. I'm can't say I'm a fan of the costume, but the minimate is very well done. I'm not sure how Redwing is supposed to attach with the, um, red wings getting in the way.

-Tigra is very good, but now I want a WCA wave even more.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

6 hours ago, hellpop said:

-The two Blizzards are pretty...wait for it...cool. :rimshot:I can't say I particularly wanted either of them, and despite the fact that this series is called Marvel's Most Wanted I don't recall any Minimate fan requesting the Blizzard, ever.

I think youbastards wrote in with an epic Iron Man wish list, including a lot of IM foes, and I think Blizzy was one of them, but this is from a quick search of the Marvel Wish List thread:

On 2/12/2014 at 8:48 AM, fwoosheyman said:
Iron Man:

- Hydro Armor Iron Man

- Iron Monger (comic)

- Blizzard

On 8/26/2012 at 1:26 PM, watchnerd said:

10) Any of the Iron Man villains that are pawns of Mandarin/Hammer (Blizzard / Living Laser / Melter)

On 1/1/2015 at 1:36 PM, Valo487 said:

New Top 10-

-Boomerang

-Constrictor

-Blizzard

On 8/7/2012 at 9:00 PM, TBT! said:

9)Iron Man Villain; Pick one from the following Living Laser/Blizzard/Whirlwind/Ghost (Classic designs please)

On 7/26/2011 at 7:59 PM, undeadpool said:

ok so im not going to even bother looking for my old list :P

here is my new improved top 10 wishlist:

(im not gonna put kang, since he is an all around want and this is my personal list)

1. Baron Zemo

2. Beetle

3. Black Knight

4. Blizzard