UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How was your 2006?

Danny

I thought I'd nip in with this perennial favourite topic.

How was your year?

For me, the highlights were:

- Meeting Ady, Tim and Rad at the UK Meetup, was really great to see you guys.

- Meeting the people in my City of Heroes Supergroup, we've had two meet-ups now and it's always good to see the people you team with in game.

- I finally got a nice raise for all the hard work I do in my job. Very cool.

- I went to America, to California for two week. Amazing time.

- Me and my bro moved into a lovely 4-bed detached house. We finally made it!

- and, possibly the most strange of all. I fell in love.

So, all in all, a pretty damn good year!

Hmmmm, highlights of my year:

- Moved back to the Midwest after 5 years in Austin, TX.

- Have seen more of my family than I have in the past five years.

- Bought a house.

- Got a better-paying, less-stressful job.

- Bought an old metal rotating comic book rack (one of my Holy Grail items)

It's been a good year. And 2007 is looking like it will be huge, too.

It was hard not to be a better year than 2005 in New Orleans. No Hurricanes is a GOOD thing! Once I replace the garage door, all my hurricane damage will be gone. No, I take that back, I have a cracked window in a hard to reach place that may never get fixed!

I got married! She is a great gal and better yet, puts up with me. It was a great occassion in my life and I will never forget it.

SDCC 2006 was a hoot! I got lots of swag, met up with some of the group and had a blast. A definite high point in the year. (lookout SDCC 2007!)

I'm happy, I'm healthy, and I usually have a few extras bucks for toys.

I hope 2007 is just as good or better.

Hmmmm 20006...

An interesting year, they year we broke way from AA and ended up with our own place, a year I realised that orange really is a bad color for a message board :P

On a serious note the UK meetup definately ranks as a high point, my personal life has been somewhat turbulant this year though, at least that seems to be sorting.

All in all probably and average year in the land of Ady.

My son was born at the start of the year so this has been a pretty amazing year.

As Ady and Danny said, meeting up with peeps from the board was pretty special. Danny, I'm made up for you a) getting your place and B) falling in love (have you told her yet?) ;)

Work sucks, and the suckosity level looks to be rising in 2007. Oh well, no one ever said it was going to be easy!

I don't mean to be rude, or meddle, but you fell in love, Danny? Were you serious, or kidding with us? I'M NOT SAYING IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE, I'M JUST ASKING IF YOU WERE KIDDING OR NOT. I MEAN NO OFFENSE. Is that what you wanted for Christmas? I'm glad you got it, then. :D

Anyways, my year? It was good; another year of discovery and personal adventure. Realizing many things about myself and the world around me, with its animated and diverse environs. It went by so quickly though, watching myself and my friends grow...I look upon 2006 with admiration. Thank you God, that I realize what you provided:

Self-Discovery. :)

This is in jest Alpheon, but are you the living embodyment of a Hallmark card?

:lol: I'm not sure, you tell me. :lol: Still, I did try to milk that little speech for all it was worth, but sadly, I do discouse things like that in real life. My brother says an eighth-grader SHOULDN'T be able to say stuff like that. I haven't lived long enough! :lol: By the way, I basically mean't all of that, but said it in a sappy fashion. ;)

Wow, 2006 has been a year to remember for me. Things have been great. I honestly can't think back to something that was tragic or even a big negative. Things have been very good this year. Let's see, here are some highlights

-The year started with my Grandfather in the hospital from a motorcycle wreak. He was in there until march. They had to take off his left leg below the knee. However, as of last week he was up on the ladder at his house putting up Christmas lights. With God's blessing and Medical technology he is may be more active than before :).

-My Daughter was born in July. My first child. She has been such a huge blessing and is already growing up too soon. I can't wait until next week, it will be her first Christmas and I'm so excited.

-After a year long wait, Nintendo finally released it's new Home Console under the heading: Wii. I have been a huge Nintendo fan all of my life and have owned every one of their consoles and handhelds. I am happy to say that the Wii is by far the best ever.

-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Sure, this is kind of connected to the above, however whether you play this on the Wii or the GameCube, it's hard to imagine a better game ever. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was my all time favorite game and even now it brings such great memories to mind. Right now I'm only about 3/4 of the way through Twilight Princess and unless Link transforms into a worm and has to eat dirt for the last 1/4 of the game, Twilight Princess will go down as the Greatest Game of ALL TIME and I'm being modist. It has been such a HUGE joy to be a part of and when it's all said and done this will be a game that will stand tall for many, many years.

-The Chronicles of Narnia was my favorite movie of the year. I read the books when I was younger and The Lion, The Witch, and The Waredrobe was my favorite. To see this story broght to life was amazing. The visuals were spot on and even know I get chills when Aslan returns to battle. Also worth mentioning is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, X3, Cars, and World Trade Center. Those were all, in their own way, Movies of the year.

Well, I guess that's all personally. Things have been really good. I can't imagine how 2007 could be better, but I still hope it is :). neo

Hmmm.... looking back over this year, the last few months haven't been really giving, but lets see I can find some thing:

- I won two oscars, one for best supporting actor and best director

- I turned 21, so I can go too America and be legal for everything <G>

- I keep getting these weird things called Minimates and will treasure them, espcecially since they were given and not bought.

- Joined an amazingly cool forum although I didn't really get into when it was elsewhere but now I am here till the end.

It hasn't been a good year for me this year, but not one for complaining its had it ups and downs but its the ups you remember :) Have another good year guys.

cheers,

Martin

I have nothing really positive to contribute.

It was my worst year ever, but it's nice how things in life round themselves out. I'm really excited about the upcomming year. Many dominos will fall for me and many things will be make life happy. :)

My 2006 year was overall, very awesome:

In February I started my new job, which, although beyond full time, is the most fun and rewarding experience I've ever had. And I get to do it nearly every day :D

I made inroads with a very personal and intimate friend... we had a rough patch, worked through it, and grew closer. If only she wasn't interested in some other guy... :P

I finally came to grips with my own mortality. Long story, but the outcome led me to appreciate life soooo much more.

I got my first laptop. It may sound trite, but I needed this sucker. I layed out more than 2 grand for it, and it was totally worth it. I now have a tool that will enable me to produce the digital art and videos that I've been dreaming of producing for years...

I made a new best friend, which was a much needed thing for me, since my three closest friends have all moved away from me over the past few years (whether it be college or going to Iraq). I befriended this one dude who is exactly what my life was now void of.

I got a new car for a very small price, which totally rocks, since I don't have a huge income.

And I finally relaunched Minimate Adventures, after more than a year of trying to get the relaunch off the ground. That alone made it a good year :D

I don't want to go into too many details about the love comment, just know that it's very unusual for me to feel this way about anyone. Yes Rad, she knows. No Alpheon, I'm not kidding. And no, I still haven't got what I really want for Xmas. Make of that what you will :(

Does anyone ever truly get what they want for christmas? and if someone says yes, then they're lying.

I disagree. That year I wanted a Maskatron. I got it! The year I wanted the Evel Kneivel Stunt Set, I got it. The year I wanted the Kenner Star Wars Millenium Falcon, I got it.

JL (and TBT):

Considering the karma you must have banked you should have a great 2007!

Danny: Soz mate, didn't mean to pry or belittle your comment fella. I really am happy that things have come together for you. :)

Neo: We have a couple of similarities mate. The good being our kids arriving this year. The bad being our peeps involved in bike accidents. My Dad got knocked off of his Bike on the day my Niece (his first Grandaughter) was born. Although his injuries were nowhere near as bad as your Grandad's he's still got one leg in a metal cage. Can't believe I'd forgotten about that. Talk about highs and lows.

Here's hoping everyone has a great 2007. I'm looking forward to another year of BS sessions on here with you guys. :)

2006 was a good year for me.

Highlights:

- My son Sam was born on October 1st

- My wife and I made some great new friends who love video games as much as we do

- I am one month away from finishing my MBA

- The Nintendo Wii was released :D

Low points:

- I worked too damn much. I took on alot of side work, and it took away most of my free time.

- I don't like my job right now, but hey thats what the MBA is for.

well my 2006 was very cewl :D

-ive finally joined u guys

-got alotta more minimates

-met nice ppl (u all and more)

-made more customs

-receifd great customs

-finally got a scooter license

-sold my soul for a cookie to some red dude with horns(was totally woth it even though the cookie was soft)

-and im hoping to get a wii this year

well...................................

i finaly got a long awiated ds LITE (i had a ds but super waiting for a ds)

and getting my minimates back out. i had like 10 a long time ago but em away and didnt care about them but..... me and my friend found a bag of parts at his house and starting makin wierd quikcustoms. and i thought... why not get mine out and ever since i loved them.and then i started googling to find customs and found MINIMATE MULTIVERSE and ive been here ever since and i LOVE this place thanks everyone for a great time in 2006 hope its even better in 2007

have a happy new year everyone

PYRO T.

Well, let's see:

Pros: Got my learner's license(I should have my regular license, but I didn't turn 16 untill like a month after the tests, so now I have to wait till the summer), Got an Xbox 360 and a Nintendo DS Lite.

Cons: Lack of Minimates for the better part of the year, one of my grandfathers died, and one of my grandmothers was in the hospital for about 2 months.