UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Newaddict's Customs

newaddict

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice for your first time. Wiccan looks awesome! What did you do for his cape? Very effective.

Keep the customs coming.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Antacost, Wiccan's cape is a modified LOTR Elven Archer skirt piece. I picked up quite a few of these guys a little while back and with a little cutting and shaping it was just about right (atleast for my skill level).

Again everyone thanks for the encouragement.

Oh and Deadpool, I'm still working on Iron Lad and a Vision to round out the team. Just don't think they'll be done before the holidays.

These look great!! How long did they take you? I'm just curious, because I'm going to try and make a large amount of customs in 4 months, beginning in January, and now I realize that I may be overestimating how easy a custom really is. How about this: if you didn't have school, work, or anything else to do, and besides the drying of any paint or sculpting, could you have gotten these done in say...3 days? :huh:

Well actually I've had some time off from work lately, so these did go somewhat quickly, but I doubt I could have finished them in 3 days. Waiting for the paint to dry seemed to take the longest amount of time. Also I found myself going cross-eyed after a while of painting detail in such a small scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the praise.

Timbo, the shoulder pads and base are both from Warhammer miniatures by Games Workshop. The shoulder pads are from a 40k Space Marine, and the base is a clear "flying" character base. The shoulder pads were a bit tight, so I shaved the minimate arms down slightly and then glued them in place. The bases include a flat base piece, and two differing sized leg pieces, for varying heights. I had a bunch of bits left over from my miniature phase years ago and thought these might work. I simply turned the leg piece upside down so that the wider portion was at the top, clipped the original connection points off, heated the plastic lightly with a heat gun, and then twisted it slightly to the angle I wanted. I've been experimenting with this lately so I can get some of my flying characters off the ground. If I get a chance I'll post some detail pics later to show exactly what I'm talking about.

Iron Lad looks great.

I've been using those flying stands myself, but never thought about heating up the shaft... That's a great idea to get some varying heights.

Antacost, I may have actual gotten the idea from you. I remembered seeing a clear based along these lines pictured somewhere in the customs section and it made me think of these. It may very well have been one of yours and I didn't realize it was the same thing all together. As for the heating aspect, I just wanted to change the direction a little to allow for more angled ascents. So far I tried about 6 or so variations and all seem to work fairly well.