UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Animated Marvel Minimates Wave 2.5

Zak Katz

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people have reporting finding these last week already. I am surprised that no one on here has posted any pics yet. I checked the Walgreens by my work and they had a full set of wave 2 on the shelf. I have already bought two full sets of wave 2 for myself, so it is going to be a while before 2.5 gets stocked there :( Maybe I can buy them all and just return them to another Walgreens so that they get a new shipment in. On a positive note there was a little old lady that was working at the register when I checked out and she said that she loves the minimates and thinks they are so neat. I should have asked her if she buys them. She could possibly be the oldest minimate collector there is.

I'm really hoping the lack of series 2 was just a fluke where I live. I was checking stores between Austin and San Antonio weekly for awhile there and only managed to secure one of each set. Everywhere I go it's fresh 1.5.

The Nighthawk and Man-Thing are absolutely beautiful and I'm eager to have them to play with. 

Series 3 will be unveiled at Comic-Con! First-ever Squirrel Girl figure, plus a few much-needed characters.

And while you'll like Series 3, you'll love Series 4. Another never-made-ever character, which surprised me there wasn't a toy of them already, and lots of villains.

Edited by DSTZach

Another never-made-ever character, which surprised me there wasn't a toy of them

Them? It's an army builder?

Much needed characters for series 3, I'd hope Iron Fist and White Tiger are among them to complete Spidey's original team.  

Edited by Zylek

Very exciting! that squirrel girl will be a must have (someone alert Groundhog!)

cant wait to see whats shown at sdcc, do you guys plan to have a big showing, Zach? 

also I think he used "them" as a gender neutral pronoun, as to not reveal the characters identity. But i could be mistaken

11 hours ago, Zylek said:

Them? It's an army builder?

No, no army builder, unless you count the squirrels.

11 hours ago, undeadpool said:

cant wait to see whats shown at sdcc, do you guys plan to have a big showing, Zach? 

We bring a ton of stuff. Not sure how much will be new, Minimates-wise, but we'll see. Predator 3 will get shown before then.

9 hours ago, spidermatt said:

Will there be a 3.5 set between series 3 and 4? Will we get a Transformation Green Goblin in that bundle of villians? I'd love to see a Doc Ock maybe Kraven or Attuma or the Trapster. 

No 3.5, just 3 then 4. One of the ones you said!

2 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

My bad, I was typing late.

According to the website most of the Walgreens near me have none and haven't had any for a long time. I'm assuming they don't have an automatic reorder system and rely on the stores employees actually reordering.

I cleared out one store when the last wave came out, hoping to trigger a restock and it still hasn't gotten in any. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've  got a set coming that a friend out in Arizona snagged for me. I'm paying to have them shipped priority, so it's  costing me like $42 for the wave. I can live with that. 

If I happen upon more in my local Walgreens, I'll be offering them up to those  who need them..