UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Animated Marvel Minimates Wave 2.5

Zak Katz

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

What sort of shop is Walgreens? is it a specific toy shop?

It's a drug store/convenience store. It's mostly there for the pharmacy and over-the-counter medications, but also sells beauty products, miscellaneous home goods, stuff like that. But they also have a decent toy section that carries exclusives from various lines like Minimates, Marvel Legends, Funko, etc... I think the closest thing I could find online that would be an Australian equivalent is Priceline Pharmacy.

5 minutes ago, CortherX said:

i don't think it's a matter of distribution. they're not going to restock if their current stock is not selling, which seems to be the main issues.

There are two two-packs left from series one out of three stores combined in my area.

It is rather frustrating, I cleaned out the back stock from both the stores near me and they ended up restocking with multiple sets of wave 1.5. Since I seem to be the only one buying in the area it is getting expensive trying to get in the newest waves.

I believe that Walgreens doesn't ship full cases of toys out to their stores, but opens them up at their distribution center and ships pieces off to different locations.  So each store may only get 4 sets from a case of twelve, and not necessarily all the different packs.  I would guess they probably don't differentiate between waves either.

I BELIEVE each store gets a tiny, individually sealed case of all four sets in the wave, since I've seen one of these cases personally. Some may get more than one, but I do not know why a store would NOT get one, unless they have unsold inventory.

Also, I believe that pairing is incorrect as shown, just FYI.

26 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

It sucks but was a good financial strategy on DST's part putting the Squadron and Man-Thing with others so at the very minimum you have to buy 3 packs instead of two.... I mean all the mates are cool especially the Spidey ones but I've had my fill of Thor and Iron man. 

The logic is not so much "How can I get collectors to buy a Spider-Man figure?" as it is "How can we make sure the least popular character don't linger?" Pairing less popular characters with mainstream characters makes pegwarmers less likely across the board. And I think we're more concerned about kids and parents buying all the Spider-Men than we are collectors buying all the Nighthawks..

14 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

The logic is not so much "How can I get collectors to buy a Spider-Man figure?" as it is "How can we make sure the least popular character don't linger?" Pairing less popular characters with mainstream characters makes pegwarmers less likely across the board. And I think we're more concerned about kids and parents buying all the Spider-Men than we are collectors buying all the Nighthawks..

I definitely wasn't hating. I get it.  Honestly I wouldn't even care or have pointed it out if it wasn't so dang hard for me to find these! 

>.< for me it's just the hassle of trying to find one more 2 pack at cost + shipping from one of the good fellows on here. Or daring to go to the dreaded secondary eBay market.  I mean I actually REALLY like the Spidey designs of this wave and wouldn't mind getting them. it's just the finding them or finding someone who can. 

33 minutes ago, Heroic Slacker said:

So in the past has Walgreens put any of their exclusive Mates on their website?

I know they do for Marvel Legends, but every time I've searched for minimates well Walgreens.com shows me something else.

First, the problem with them putting them online is that they all share the same item number. So all the waves are considered the same item. You can order online but you're not guaranteed to get what you want.

Second, try searching for "minimate" instead of "minimateS". You'll at least get the first wave as a result, unless they took it down.

36 minutes ago, Heroic Slacker said:

So in the past has Walgreens put any of their exclusive Mates on their website?

I know they do for Marvel Legends, but every time I've searched for minimates well Walgreens.com shows me something else.

Nope, they've never put them on their website... Also fair warning to others; DO NOT look up Minimates on the Walgreens site... It brings up very, very, VERY bad results. namely products for ladies... enjoyment.

Edited by Chigarillo

1 hour ago, Chigarillo said:

Nope, they've never put them on their website... Also fair warning to others; DO NOT look up Minimates on the Walgreens site... It brings up very, very, VERY bad results. namely products for ladies... enjoyment.

Can we just pin that or something so people don't have to keep saying it?