UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Animated Marvel Minimates Wave 2.5

Zak Katz

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I asked a manager to put in a restock order and the store ended up with 4 full sets of wave 1.5. If your walgreens didn't get these, well they're all at one store now. Looks like I won't  be hitting that store for a long time. Oh well at least they were nice enough to restock. :confused:

Edited by bilbofett

Was VERY tempted by the new Black Widow in this line. Her hair makes me think I need it. Don't know why.

But I said NO!

Then visited Walgreens Friday night to see if they had the new X-Men Marvel Legends and noticed that Black Widow Minimate was still down there. Then I noticed it was not Black Widow at all. Someone replaced her and Iron Man with other 'Mates! Her replacement had red hair and freckles (SFvC?) but the Iron Man replacement was just shoddily painted by hand to resemble the colors on the package!

An employee happened to be stocking the aisle next to me so I pointed this out to him. Then I noticed the pack behind it also had creepy hand-painted figures. Then the pack behind it. The pack behind it. And, finally, the pack behind it. FIVE packs all together returned with fake product inside. The employee was super annoyed at the shoddy tape job on the packages, and that they'd been accepted at all. I felt very weird touching these creepy painted things.

People suck sometimes.

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Same here. If Walgreens could take preorders for a comeplete set that could be shipped to the nearest store at no charge, it might be a good way of gauging where collectors are and redistribute accordingly.

If it is at another store, it can be shipped to your store, but I do not know if they can see which wave it is.

JPC, that is a terrible story.

1 hour ago, JPC said:

Was VERY tempted by the new Black Widow in this line. Her hair makes me think I need it. Don't know why.

But I said NO!

Then visited Walgreens Friday night to see if they had the new X-Men Marvel Legends and noticed that Black Widow Minimate was still down there. Then I noticed it was not Black Widow at all. Someone replaced her and Iron Man with other 'Mates! Her replacement had red hair and freckles (SFvC?) but the Iron Man replacement was just shoddily painted by hand to resemble the colors on the package!

An employee happened to be stocking the aisle next to me so I pointed this out to him. Then I noticed the pack behind it also had creepy hand-painted figures. Then the pack behind it. The pack behind it. And, finally, the pack behind it. FIVE packs all together returned with fake product inside. The employee was super annoyed at the shoddy tape job on the packages, and that they'd been accepted at all. I felt very weird touching these creepy painted things.

People suck sometimes.

It's like some kind of weird Minimate serial killer.

On 7/24/2016 at 4:16 PM, Mystery Man said:

Color me curious as to why they're released selectively two months before everybody gets a chance. 

I may have misunderstood. Sounds like 2.5 is supposed to ship wide THIS month but is still working its way through the system. Wave 3 is September.

Wave 4 MAY be holiday, I need to confirm. Possibly early 2017.

They put the exclusives up that are shipped in solid cases of one figure (Marvel Legends, SW Black, etc).

Minimates probably aren't worth the effort to sort/track due to the low price and shipping.

I wonder if stores got minimates in the same kind of cardboard endcaps the ML, WWE & SW ship in, if the distribution/availability would be better.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:52 PM, JPC said:

But I said NO!

People suck sometimes.

I've been seeing some really bizarre stuff with Walgreens mates... About a month ago I stopped in at one of the two Walgreens in town and took a peek. The only mate on the shelf was a Captain America and Hulk Wave 1 set, but the figures inside are clearly a Ultimate Nick Fury from TRU 20 (in Caps spot) and what appears to be a partial TMNT figure with no shell and no paint on the face (in Hulk's spot.) I may try to snap a picture if it's still there next time I check for... well anything besides Wave 1 at my stores.

Then this past week my girlfriend was going to the other Walgreens and knew I was trying to find a Man-Thing (lol just no way for that sentence to not sound odd.) She called me to say there was no Man-Thing but she found a Starlord and Groot and knows I love those 3 characters. I told her to buy it and when she got home I opened the pack to find that one of the spots for Groot's feet was empty, the space for Rocket was also empty, Star-Lord had no blaster, and the one foot I had for Groot had the peg broken off in the bottom of Groot's leg... Gotta think both of those packs had been opened and messed with. I think it's more an issue of people at Walgreen's suck sometimes.

On 7/23/2016 at 2:33 AM, DSTZach said:

My understanding is that Series 2.5 will ship wide in September. So you may only find it in select locations between now and then.

Glad to hear it.  I was worried I might not be able to get these first hand.  Nighthawk FTW.