UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thinking of Quitting

You now have the luxury of being able to pick-and-choose. If you can break the completist drive, it becomes quite satisfying to buy the 'Mates that attract you. Despite the slogan, no law requires you to collect them all.

You HAD to bring up the Eagles! :pinch:

Seriously, how can it even be a topic of concern. These are plastic toys. If you are over it, move on. Will you be missed in the community? Of course, but we have lost many over the years and you won't be the last. I do not mean it to sound insensitive, but these are toys after all. Find your next passion.

If it doesn't make you happy. Quit.

I guess that is true, but sheesh not pulling any punches.
I do not think it is a harsh statement at all. Quite frankly it is short, to the point, sound, bare bones advice. If someone is willingly paying for product that doesn't make them happy, or bring joy to their life, the easiest thing to do is stop. Noone is forcing anyone to be unhappy. DST is making a product they hope people will enjoy, and if you don't enjoy what they are making, then don't buy it. You can still enjoy what you have, and more than likely something new will pop up that can be enjoyed.

One quick personal example. If there is one thing (besides my wife and kids) that I love more than minimates, its the Philadelphia Eagles.They haven't won a championship since 1960, before there was even a super bowl. I was a season ticket holder for over ten years. the last few years I had the tickets, I started enjoying my experience less and less with each game. A lot of it had to do with the players that were being brought in. It wasn't sitting right with me, the attitude and culture seemed to be shifting from a blue collar, hardworking, hard hitting team, to a bunch of whining crybabies who looked for a flag every time they didn't catch a ball. So, after that season, when it was ticket time again, I said "No thanks, I'm done". I was told i was crazy, and i'd never be able to get the tickets again, and i'd regret it.......You see, they were putting out a product that stopped being enjoyable to me, especially when i was shelling out a ton of money for it. My tickets didn't last a day before someone else snapped them up. I have never once regretted it, and have been much happier watching them at home on tv.I have said no every year from that point. it gets easier with each year that passes.

so back to Shane's point. I didn't enjoy it, so I quit. Looking back, it was one of the easiest decisions in my life.

I still, and always will love the Eagles though!

Not sure if this helps or not, but wanted to share my thoughts.

I know the multiple quote is out of order, but I'm a die hard eagles fan since 2000.

You HAD to bring up the Eagles! pinch.gif

Seriously, how can it even be a topic of concern. These are plastic toys. If you are over it, move on. Will you be missed in the community? Of course, but we have lost many over the years and you won't be the last. I do not mean it to sound insensitive, but these are toys after all. Find your next passion.

>

If it doesn't make you happy. Quit.

I guess that is true, but sheesh not pulling any punches.
I do not think it is a harsh statement at all. Quite frankly it is short, to the point, sound, bare bones advice. If someone is willingly paying for product that doesn't make them happy, or bring joy to their life, the easiest thing to do is stop. Noone is forcing anyone to be unhappy. DST is making a product they hope people will enjoy, and if you don't enjoy what they are making, then don't buy it. You can still enjoy what you have, and more than likely something new will pop up that can be enjoyed.

One quick personal example. If there is one thing (besides my wife and kids) that I love more than minimates, its the Philadelphia Eagles.They haven't won a championship since 1960, before there was even a super bowl. I was a season ticket holder for over ten years. the last few years I had the tickets, I started enjoying my experience less and less with each game. A lot of it had to do with the players that were being brought in. It wasn't sitting right with me, the attitude and culture seemed to be shifting from a blue collar, hardworking, hard hitting team, to a bunch of whining crybabies who looked for a flag every time they didn't catch a ball. So, after that season, when it was ticket time again, I said "No thanks, I'm done". I was told i was crazy, and i'd never be able to get the tickets again, and i'd regret it.......You see, they were putting out a product that stopped being enjoyable to me, especially when i was shelling out a ton of money for it. My tickets didn't last a day before someone else snapped them up. I have never once regretted it, and have been much happier watching them at home on tv.I have said no every year from that point. it gets easier with each year that passes.

so back to Shane's point. I didn't enjoy it, so I quit. Looking back, it was one of the easiest decisions in my life.

I still, and always will love the Eagles though!

Not sure if this helps or not, but wanted to share my thoughts.

I know the multiple quote is out of order, but I'm a die hard eagles fan since 2000.

Ha! nice, there's at least three of us now! (my apologies for bringing this topic off course) Go Birds!