UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 22- Deadpool

Gmonkey2k

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

The Doctor Strange movie.

Thanx! That's what I wanted to know. Since I don't collect movie waves guess I'll have to wait a little longer to look for TRU minimates...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have heard it pronounced with the 'j' as silent. Ay-Oh-for. Not sure about the first name, though.

I've never been a huge Deadpool fan but I'm addicted to the 'mates for some reason. I'm usually a one-of-each collector but having that extra Marvel NOW Deadpool gives me an extra Wade to put inside that Phonics-Killer Iron Deadpool so I can display the X-Men First Class 'pool separately.

And I agree with stack32; this assortment includes a truly terrific Spider-Man. Best tampos I've seen on this character's costume in a long time. Good job, AA. I may display this guy and put another extra Spidey under that Cableware.

14 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I've never been a huge Deadpool fan but I'm addicted to the 'mates for some reason. I'm usually a one-of-each collector but having that extra Marvel NOW Deadpool gives me an extra Wade to put inside that Phonics-Killer Iron Deadpool so I can display the X-Men First Class 'pool separately.

And I agree with stack32; this assortment includes a truly terrific Spider-Man. Best tampos I've seen on this character's costume in a long time. Good job, AA. I may display this guy and put another extra Spidey under that Cableware.

No kidding. This wave never piqued my interest (big a Deadpool fan as I am, I don't need each and every one of his costumes), but I might have to hunt down that Spider-Man. My dream costume was always red and black with blue highlights, so it's great to see the Torment mate essentially get an update. Now if we could just get a great Spider-Man book again... 

Re Doctor Strange: The current book is utter trash, so you're better off waiting for the inevitable relaunch. The first 10 issues or so were Aaron's God Butcher arc, just shorter and with different characters. Besides that, the characterization of Stephen was awful, and we're back at "Strange doesn't have his magic, whatever shall he do?!". If you're a newbie it ain't bad, but for longtime Strange fans, well, yeah... You're better off trying your luck with the sister title, but that's gonna get canned after 6 issues, most probably.

Like I said, I'm a newbie, having never found a Strange book interesting before, so the new series is very enjoyable, at least the first few issues I've read. But then, I've never read God Butcher, having felt the same way about Thor. But I recently checked out some Moon Knight, Black Panther and now Thor books I'm working my way through.

45 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Like I said, I'm a newbie, having never found a Strange book interesting before, so the new series is very enjoyable, at least the first few issues I've read. But then, I've never read God Butcher, having felt the same way about Thor. But I recently checked out some Moon Knight, Black Panther and now Thor books I'm working my way through.

It's not a bad book, and the characterization has improved, but it was very lazy of Aaron to just copy and paste his work from God of Thunder. But, the October solicits look pretty good, what with bringing Pandemonium, Nightmare and the like back.

As for the other two, MK's current book is one of the best out there. Black Panther is good, but most hardcore D hate it. The reason is because again, it portrays T'Challa as pretty much an idiot and an unfit ruler, coupled with a revolution story we've seen many times.

For my money, I'd check out Priest's Panther, Moench's Moon Knight and the early Ditko stuff for Doctor Strange. From then on, I'd just make my wave to Huston's and Ellis' MK, Liss' Black Panther and all of Strange's second ongoing.

As a side ore, one of the best current Marvel books is without a foubt Carnage. It's a homage to Tomb of Dracula and 70s Marvel Horror, and it's just a wild ride. 

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Look for the trades collecting the stuff Steve Englehart and Roger Stern wrote.  They are great.  Great artists too, and Englehart worked with Frank Brunner and Gene Colan and Stern with Marshall Rogers and Paul Smith, among others. And if you like Silver Age comics you owe it to yourself to read Ditko's originals, as I'd put that stuff up against anything from the era. Seriously, Doctor Strange is one of those characters people tend to knock without having actually read any of the comics, which were often among the best being published at the time (Aquaman is another).

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

"Includes Pointy Hair" was the best part of the packaging. That put a big smile on my face. Maximum effort, Zach! 

This. I saw the packaged pics that were posted on the DST Facebook page and giggled at "Includes Pointy Hair". I think I'll be keeping that set MIB just because of the pointy hair bit. It tickles me.

I don't think he actually wears it in the comic. The cover is supposed to mimic the Cable/Deadpool covers, I think. The only reason he has it on is because Deadpool thinks it's funny.