UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 22- Deadpool

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found these today. One surprise is that underneath all that gear is probably the best Spider-Man we've had in a long time. Or at least it could be, much of the gear on mine is so stuck that removing it will ruin the minimate. Still, the figure has full web tampos, the eye placement looked pretty good on all the figures I saw, and whites of the eyes cover the web tampo underneath better than I've seen in years.

This wave is not for me. I'm not interested in any of the figures chosen. I'm pretty happy with the previous versions of FA Deadpool and Wolverine, I don't see any need for the other figures in my collection. :(

Looking forward to the next TRU wave though... Do we have any idea what it is going to be about?

Edited by Dannii

52 minutes ago, Dannii said:

This wave is not for me. I'm not interested in any of the figures chosen. I'm pretty have with the previous versions of FA Deadpool and Wolverine, I don't see any need for the other figures in my collection. :(

Looking forward to the next TRU wave though... Do we have any idea what it is going to be about?

No, not yet.

29 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

The Doctor Strange movie.

I use to think that I was pretty MCU ingrained until I started noticing that there are franchises I have minimal to zero interest in. Spider-Man, Hulk, Dr. Strange being some of the key highlights to my purposeful ignorance.

31 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I use to think that I was pretty MCU ingrained until I started noticing that there are franchises I have minimal to zero interest in. Spider-Man, Hulk, Dr. Strange being some of the key highlights to my purposeful ignorance.

Not knowing a lot about Doctor Strange is one thing. Not being interested in a Doctor Strange movie with the cast that this movie has is another. I have read maybe three Doctor Strange comics in my life, although the new series with Bachalo art is pretty great, and this movie cannot come fast enough. Cumberbatch! Swinton! Ejiofor! Mikkelsen! Just the last names are exciting!

Do we know who is on the TRU pack for Dr. Strange?

On topic: Madison restocked wave 22. A few things I noticed with the 6 sets I have been fortunate enough to examine.

Wolvie's mask is scuffed on almost all of them.

Hulk's chest tampo is evenly mixed being centered, or skewed left or right.

Hulkpool's chest piece does not have correct alignment at all. I have not seen one with the red and black cutouts on the front/top correctly applied.

They are still appealing Mates, though.

28 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Not knowing a lot about Doctor Strange is one thing. Not being interested in a Doctor Strange movie with the cast that this movie has is another. I have read maybe three Doctor Strange comics in my life, although the new series with Bachalo art is pretty great, and this movie cannot come fast enough. Cumberbatch! Swinton! Ejiofor! Mikkelsen! Just the last names are exciting!

Zach I'll watch the movie (just for Tilda ALONE) but I think living in a NYC studio makes me precious about what mates to buy and unless the movie is AWESOME I just don't see myself purchasing them especially since I don't have a local TRU anymore. NYC is tough.

23 minutes ago, Heroic Slacker said:

Spotted this wave at my local TRU today, all of the Hulkpool sets were gone. Picked up Armory Spidey, what a fun design, reminds me of all the fun variants Toybiz used to make.

AMEN! I love when the DST gang does stuff like this too.