UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

tru INDY minimates?

mav-man

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So psyched for chew. I bet the chog pieces from the card game they just released are going to look nice next to Poyo. I'm sure they are maybe a little too big, but still nice

There was another company that did some nice Micronaut prototypes several years ago, but nothing ever came of it. I really liked their Karza.

I remember seeing that in San Diego ... Karza was off the charts! Bummed nothing ever came of it. Same con as the Battle of the Planets Nanomen ... man, I want those as minimates! so bad, it hurts!

Micronauts got me through the drought that was The Lack of Star Wars Toys in the summer of '77. Cool toy line and a really fun comic.

The mix & match play pattern of the toys lends itself very well to Minimates. If AA/DST can't come up with a sci-fi line of its own, Micronauts could be great.

Zach, I know you can't comment on any licenses that might be in the works, but just speaking in terms of your personal feelings, what books and characters would you like to see get made if this line continues?

Personally, I would love to see a lot of the founding Image characters, especially since no one is using them for any active toy lines that I'm aware of, and also I think it would be cool to see a lot of the older pulp-style characters.

Just off the top of my head:

Spawn

Savage Dragon

Shadowhawk

Ripclaw

Madman

Star

The Darkness

Maxx

The Tick

The Phantom

Grendel

Mage

The Spirit

Judge Dredd

Dick Tracy

I know I'm forgetting so many.

Like Hellboy, but I'd like to see his world get their own line of 'mates.

• 8 months later...
8 hours ago, spidermatt said:

Has there been any recent news on any up coming indy mates?? It'd be cool if this line got somemore characters to it. Like maybe a Savage Dragon or anyone from Astro City ( maybe Samaritan, Cleopatra or Silver Agent?)

Yes! I would kill for some Astro City Mates. I love the designs on almost every one of them.!

On 7/6/2016 at 9:10 AM, MisterPL said:

DST would have to go after other creator-owned properties TRU is most likely to support. I imagine that would include Hellboy (or "HB" as they branded it for the mass market) and Kick-Ass (or "K-A" for the same reason). 

I think they could get 2-3 waves just out of Kick-Ass itself.

• 4 weeks later...