Deadpool Comic Wave - Wave 65

JeffBohn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, matches the description that Zach stated. "The wave is actually a bit of a mishmash, in that it features Secret Wars AND Axis looks. AND Secret Invasion. AND one other crossover."

I don't think it's 65. Zenpool is from AXIS and Mascot-Pool is from Secret Invasion but the rest are just random figs. Siryn and Bob haven't featured in Secret Wars, Domino is in, I think "Inferno", but she's wearing a totally different costume. The last guy I can't make out (a new AU Cable?) and the other 2 DPs are identical (one's probably a normal version and the other's Hero-Pool or something, from all those minis). I mean, it could be 65, but I'm not convinced yet.

I recognize everyone except the guys on the left and right in the lower row. Anyone know who they are?

The guy on the left is Mascot-Pool (during Secret Invasion he wore a Pig-like mascot suit). One the right, I have no idea. He's not any Deadpool villain I recognise, and he's surely not Blind Al or Weasel. He's not Cable , if anything he looks like Old Man Logan, but he's never worn such a costume. Personally, I'd have liked a new Taskmaster or Bullseye.

Anyway, as for the wave, it's so-so IMO. Siryn, Modern Domino and Bob are awesome, but Zenpool leaves something to be desired, and normal-Pool and yellow-belt-Pool seem pretty much the same to me. Mascot-Pool is a really weird choice, as you could've easily added someone like Cable, Taskmaster, Typhoid Mary, Shiklah, etc, etc. The Deadpool variants could have been better is all I'm saying. Weapon X and Ultimate could have easily taken the place of Mascot-Pool and Yellow-Belt-Pool (normal-Pool is necessary). As for the guy in the far right, he looks kinda cool, but I dunno who he is.

Edited by Kostisfire

Deadpool Minimates sell like crazy, so I am not surprised at this wave. I love that modern Domino, and Bob is a lot of fun. I think Mascot Deadpool is going to be amazing in-hand.

Yeah, matches the description that Zach stated. "The wave is actually a bit of a mishmash, in that it features Secret Wars AND Axis looks. AND Secret Invasion. AND one other crossover."

I don't think it's 65. Zenpool is from AXIS and Mascot-Pool is from Secret Invasion but the rest are just random figs. Siryn and Bob haven't featured in Secret Wars, Domino is in, I think "Inferno", but she's wearing a totally different costume. The last guy I can't make out (a new AU Cable?) and the other 2 DPs are identical (one's probably a normal version and the other's Hero-Pool or something, from all those minis). I mean, it could be 65, but I'm not convinced yet.
The Deadpool that comes with Domino seems to match his look in Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars.

Deadpool Minimates sell like crazy, so I am not surprised at this wave. I love that modern Domino, and Bob is a lot of fun. I think Mascot Deadpool is going to be amazing in-hand.

The Deadpool that comes with Domino seems to match his look in Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. The one with the with the Double Ds on his chest, right? A new Wasp would've been a good pack-in then, as she did feature quite a bit on that book.

Is the guy with Zen-pool Dracula?

Nope. Current Marvel Dracula still looks like the one we got in the "Curse of the Mutants 4-pack". TBH, this fig has me scratching my head. It's not Stryfe, T-Ray, Tiger Shark, Black Tom, it resembles no one! I'm really curious to see who it is, I'll tell you that.

Edited by Kostisfire

Well retro Deadpool

attachicon.gif image.jpeg

Looks like he has a slip over mask, so I bet this is what is underneath

attachicon.gif image.jpeg

Is that from Deadpool's Secret War? That could be the Secret Wars tie-in figure hinted at for Series 65, pretty much confirming that this is 65 Edited by Social Spider