UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Customs Help?

Okie, so I'm new here so if there's already a thread akin to this one or if it's in the wrong place please correct me or steer me the right way, haha.

I was looking for some help with QC's or more daunting customs with some specific characters. Mainly

- Kaine Scarlet Spidey and Long Hair 90's Kaine

-HummingBird

-Young Adrian Toomes/Vulture

-Harry Osborn Green Goblin.

I have some ideas for Scarlet Kaine like taking a Superior Spidey and making him into him, but any suggestions for paint apps? I also have no idea where to start with 90's Kaine and Hummig bird

>.<

With The Vulture I was thinking of getting the zombies Vulture because he's Wayyy cheaper but from there I didn't know how to paint him.

Any advice would be super helpful! Thanks in advance fellow 'mate makers!

Why would you paint over a Vulture face instead of just using a different face? It's not like Young Vulture has a distinct look. Plus his costume isn't even remotely similar.

I mean unless you have a Vulture Minimate you don't need, I could help find it a home...

I just Google Imaged him. He looks way different than what I remembered. I thought he had the same costume as old Vulture. Guess not. :/

Hey man, not really trying to step on toes, just want to make sure that you know Vulture is a pretty sought after Minimate and what you're planning would be like using an X-Factor Angel as a base for a Red Raven custom. There are cheaper and quite frankly better ways of achieving your goal. I don't own a Vulture but he's bald, does he have a peg hole on top for a hair piece? Because you're gonna need one. I would suggest:

Hydra Elite or Baron Strucker for your base body, these are cheap, easy to find green bases. Use random belts and straps from assorted Minimates to jazz it up and paint/sticker what you need. You probably just need a utility belt and a leg strap, there are plenty of options for these.

Wings from Wave 54 Marvel's Falcon. These are very easy to obtain and the exact same as the Vulture wings, just paint them.

Hairpiece from a Wave 31 Angel, this will be the hardest to find but it's pretty much exactly what you need. I believe the only other options would be to use a Champions Angel or the above mentioned X-Factor Angel hair piece but those are both pricey. The recent Wave 60 Gambit uses a similar hair piece but it's a little too wild for what you need.

Browse the minimatedatabase.com for a grinning face. You have literally hundreds of options to choose from. This would probably be your easiest step and if you find something you want, somebody on this board may probably even hook you up. The Street Fighter X Tekken Minimates offer a lot of generic grinning faces that would work well and those are all very easy to find at low prices.

I hope that helps!

Edited by bigvis497

Actually. scratch the Angel hairpiece. Use the brand new Superior Iron Man. It's literally EXACTLY what you need and you will have no trouble at all finding one :)

For paint tips, check out Luke's blog he is a great resource. I will echo pretty much everything he says about paint!

Instead of worrying about matching paint to the head plastic, lightly scrape the wrinkles off with a super sharp Exacto (or tip of a toothpick dipped in nail polish remover, if you're super worried about scratching up the plastic - even though if you use a brand new blade and be very gentle, you shouldn't leave any noticeable scratches).