UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2015 NYCC Exclusives

MisterPL

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculation time! Uh, Spawn! Nononono, uh, Bioshock! Oohoohooh I got it, DC! It's DC, right?!

Anyway, I'm going to guess it's going to be a video game license. A few Ask DSTs ago Chuck mentioned that they were looking at a few VG licenses (it was, surprise, surprise, a mail from and I had listed a lof them in there, so, yeah...). Just for the hell of it, I'll say...Metal Gear Solid. Popular game, lots of merchandise, usually goes for the "weird" types. There haven't been any "standard" action figures, so I could see them trying something like the block format again (after the Kubricks, which I always wanted to get, but never pulled the trigger). It's not likely, but it's the best I've got.

EDIT: Scratch that, Zach mentioned that they were looking on some Image stuff a while back (it was on the Valiant thread if I'm not mistaken) so it's 100 % an Image set. He also mentioned that it's nothing related to the founders, so we should look towards the newer stuff (I posted that on the Speculation Thread but nobody responded). I'm gonna guess East of West. interesting designs, lots of characters, it's a goldmine actually.

Edited by Kostisfire

Speculation time! Uh, Spawn! Nononono, uh, Bioshock! Oohoohooh I got it, DC! It's DC, right?!

Anyway, I'm going to guess it's going to be a video game license. A few Ask DSTs ago Chuck mentioned that they were looking at a few VG licenses (it was, surprise, surprise, a mail from and I had listed a lof them in there, so, yeah...). Just for the hell of it, I'll say...Metal Gear Solid. Popular game, lots of merchandise, usually goes for the "weird" types. There haven't been any "standard" action figures, so I could see them trying something like the block format again (after the Kubricks, which I always wanted to get, but never pulled the trigger). It's not likely, but it's the best I've got.

EDIT: Scratch that, Zach mentioned that they were looking on some Image stuff a while back (it was on the Valiant thread if I'm not mistaken) so it's 100 % an Image set. He also mentioned that it's nothing related to the founders, so we should look towards the newer stuff (I posted that on the Speculation Thread but nobody responded). I'm gonna guess East of West. interesting designs, lots of characters, it's a goldmine actually.

East of west -or- saga would be great!

An "Irate JJJ" would be a fun variant for another classic Spidey wave.

- Spider-Man (new alternate parts like Web hands)

- Kraven (redo with spear, sculpted vest)

- Mary Jane (alternate Betty Brant pieces, reuse Mia Wallace hair)

- Chameleon (alternate Irate JJJ & Tombstone parts ala Legends)

- Beetle

- Molten Man

- Puma

- Vermin

Would love to see an Ultimate Beetle and an animated Steel Spider.

Did Zach say this was going to be a new license? I don't think he did. So you all might be jumping the gun a bit on the speculation. Which is unlike us, I know....

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and guess it will be the mystery second Valiant two-pack, which will then be solicited sometime down the road.

Edited by hellpop