UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates In Space Contest!

luke314pi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving these entries. That Enterprise bridge works so well with Minimates, it's just beautiful to look at.

The deadline for this snuck up on me too, and even though I was planning on entering this contest, I doubt I'll be able to pull together an entry in time. But still, the entries in here so far are superb!

That enterprise bridge model is great, is it from scratch or is a an actual kit?

It's an old AMT model kit that I picked up at a toy show in March. They one I have is from the 90s, but they rereleased it with more wall panels a couple years ago. There was a thread on this forum that first brought it to my attention.

Iron Man Epic Collection Volume 13 - Stark Wars
2015-09-23%2008.18.49_zpso1ecluem.jpg
Tony Stark is back in the groove as Iron Man, from outer space to the ocean depths. But the new Stark Enterprises is on constant super-villain alert, under attack from familiar faces like Spymaster and new threats like the ethereal Ghost. And when Tony discovers that his technology has been stolen and abused, he declares war on anyone in armor! Iron Man's new ruthless streak brings him into conflict with the U.S. government, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers. And as his actions grow ever more extreme, he must battle an old friend in a new guise: Steve Rogers, aka the Captain! By the time the dust settles on these Armor Wars, the world might need a new Iron Man!
Iron Man #215-232 & Annual #9

How do I upload an image here. It says you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Try using Photobucket.com or Imgur.com. They will give you the BB code to post the image here.

I will try that, I'm having the geek squad look at it right now.

How do I upload an image here. It says you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I had that for nearly everything I tried when I posted my entry. Also despite being a small file the uploader on here didn't wan to work. Spent about two hours trying before it worked.

Here is my last minute entry.

LOSBBTST_zpsktbevrvv.jpg

(Sorry for the image quality never tried to add text bubbles to an image before so was not sure how to do it so I did it in Microsoft Publisher and then save my image as a jpeg and thus it is now fuzzy.)

Edited by Captain Paco

A contest combining two of my favorite things? Wild xenomorphs couldn't keep me away.

150924_SpaceContest.v2.thumb.jpg

Here's a 1920x1200 version, with all the extra detail.

(I may swap this out for a different version with a different light angle if the render finishes in time.)

[EDIT]: Replaced the image with version #2 that I like better.

Edited by Ivan

Ok gang, better late than never, here's me entry.

It's called " Crash Landing, or when we came in Peace "

Two space travelers have crash landed on an unknown world. Commander Gil Glorious, and his second in command, Chrome Dome. They said they come in peace, that was their first mistake...

post-21-0-14766600-1443145723_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-48615200-1443145141_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-88615700-1443145160_thumb.jpg

And as a bonus pic, here's a look at my setup

post-21-0-04169900-1443145238_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nervous Rex