UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Clear sandman?

Inkblot2

Hey all,

Any idea where this is from? Couldn't find this on the database or Google search.

post-10665-0-36086400-1441587032_thumb.j

Thank you. This threw me for a loop. I have the head piece but the clear face under it is bald? That's odd.

yeah, def. an odd piece.

He's called "Powerhouse Sandman."

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=401&n=Powerhouse+Sandman

He also comes with a slip-over face. I have 2 of them & they're pretty cool cuz they also have a sort of gritty feel -- like sand. :)

Eh - it was released fairly early on. I like that DST experimented a bit with how to represent his powers.

That 5-pack was one of my grails for quite a while. Even though i much prefer some of the more modern Sandmen, i've got a soft spot for the old Coca-cola Sandman.

riot spidey

Or, as I like to call him, "Ass-Handed-to-Him Spidey."

I know we do the "Best of" lists every year, but have we ever done a "Worst" list? I nominate him -- Riot Spidey. laugh.png

riot spidey

Or, as I like to call him, "Ass-Handed-to-Him Spidey."

I know we do the "Best of" lists every year, but have we ever done a "Worst" list? I nominate him -- Riot Spidey. :lol:

We need never do a worst list because we all know Riot Spidey is the worst minimate of all time. Rocket Raccoon is a better minimate than Riot Spidey. The Kevin Smith Vinimates are better than Riot Spidey. It's like trying to make a "worst film" contest since Birdemic and The Garbage Pail Kids movie were released. It's a foregone conclusion.

We need never do a worst list because we all know Riot Spidey is the worst minimate of all time. Rocket Raccoon is a better minimate than Riot Spidey. The Kevin Smith Vinimates are better than Riot Spidey. It's like trying to make a "worst film" contest since Birdemic and The Garbage Pail Kids movie were released. It's a foregone conclusion.

I was trying (& failed, I guess) to be funny -- not really asking seriously. smile.png

I always LOL when I see people listing him on eBay for outrageous prices.

Why is he considered the worst? I looked it up in the database and sure he looks terrible but I think I can come up with worse ones.

Well he's a variant of Spider-Man literally nobody wanted, the tears in the suit are literally just flesh colored triangles, he's got yellow fucking eyes, the hand with a cast on it is a Green Goblin claw from Ultimate GG and it makes his hand look inhuman, and that bruise on his face is just horrendously stupid, and finally it barely looks like anyone in particular much less Peter Parker. Shameful creation this one.

Who do you think tops him?

fig1495flg.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

I don't have this one in my collection and I don't miss it one bit.

(And don't get me started on Flashback Spider-Man from the same flick.)

I think that is the only wave of minimates that i intentionally skipped (i missed out on the Dollars trilogy for another reason) in my own humble opinion, a total waste of plastic and paint.

I'm not sure that 'Riot' deserves his almost legendary position of 'Worst .... ' although count me amongst those that have lampooned it over the years . I count the Battle Beast 'Zik' as the most disappointing Minimate ever made ......in one foul swoop my Battle Beast Minimate line expectation was destroyed .

Edited by buttheadsmate

I think part of Riot Spidey's reputation is that it happened during a time when there were no new Minimate announcements for like 6 or 7 months. Nothing at all. We didn't have someone like Zach around to give us updates, and we were starting to wonder if the line was over. Then, over a year after Marvel Minimates Series 11, and waiting and hoping for new characters, we finally get Series 12, and it had that crappy Riot Spidey in it.