UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking personally about my store, we got in just 3 cases of Black Series which amounts to 6 Kylo Rens and 3 of each other character, and maybe 3 cases per SKN of the 3 3/4" line (Jungle/Desert&Snow/Armor), while we had an unbelievable amount of LEGOs, science and interactive toys, Nerf, and Pop. I would assume this was for sales data to send back to Hasbro for the rest of the season, but needless to say the actions figures were the only item that sold out and they did so by 12:30.

If I can find a 3 3/4" scale BB-8 (and a Chopper from Rebels) then my astromech collection will be satisfied and I'll be happy.

I get the feeling that the nostalgia beast will grab me by the balls as soon as I see the first Han, Leia, and Luke. That will be hard to resist but for now... eh.

UK is getting a Poe in his "street clothes" which are basically a mix of Finn and Han (and a Riot Gear Trooper) and i'm really pulling for that to be part of the Target two-pack over here. I can't imagine Hasbro not releasing certain SW product in the US. This is definitely my preferred look for Poe; I've got little to no use for pilot figures and still haven't found a justification for X-Wing Luke.

I got to my TRU at 8:40 on Force Friday. I was seventh in line until everyone's friends started showing up and set me back to sixteenth. All in all, everyone was pretty nice and talkative.

There was a guy that had been there since the early afternoon and when four of his buddies showed up, they made up the front of the line. When they started openly talking about reselling what they were buying to a local shop, it was evident that there'd be problems once we got in.

When the doors opened everyone filed in nicely. By the time I got into the aisle the guys at the front had two carts pushed up against the shelves and were sweeping product into the carts. Luckily, they started with the 3.75" which allowed me to squeeze around them and grab the 6" Black Series. I got one of each and got out as fast as I could.

Fun night overall!

Edited by CBMM1

Wonder what would've happened if they set a 1 per customer thing on this...

Everyone would have been happier, guaranteed. The people towards the end of the line were clearly disappointed by the barren shelves. Damn shame too since most of the kids that actually showed were towards the back.

UK is getting a Poe in his "street clothes" which are basically a mix of Finn and Han (and a Riot Gear Trooper) and i'm really pulling for that to be part of the Target two-pack over here. I can't imagine Hasbro not releasing certain SW product in the US. This is definitely my preferred look for Poe; I've got little to no use for pilot figures and still haven't found a justification for X-Wing Luke.

Didn't know that, and yes seems odd. I can't see the UK getting anything special.

Is the Poe figure out now? Or future? Happy to try and grab one/some if people need, but send me a link so I know what I'm after.

Wonder what would've happened if they set a 1 per customer thing on this...

Everyone would have been happier, guaranteed. The people towards the end of the line were clearly disappointed by the barren shelves. Damn shame too since most of the kids that actually showed were towards the back.

Everyone but scalpers. But then again it would've brought me joy to see the scalpers in pain.

The TRU I went to on Friday morning had a limit of 3 per product type, i.e. only 3 3-3/4" figures, or 6" or Lego or role play etc. Which didn't mean much because their 3-3/4" pegs were empty, they didn't get any new 6" and the rest was still well stocked. There was a line out front when I got there a few minutes before they opened. I had actually forgotten they weren't open when I was pulling up (I usually go on Saturday when they open at 9 but on Friday it was 10). The line had already gone in by the time I parked. Don't know where everyone went because they were all gone by the time I got to the Star Wars section. Guess they saw there wasn't anything they wanted and left. I was actually there for a G.I. Joe set (and found a Banner/War Machine MM set) so I passed on all the Star Wars stuff. The only things I got were a couple 6" TFA Stormtroopers and a 6" Rey from Amazon (ordered Thursday night, arrived Friday). They gave me a $10 off spending $50 or more on Star Wars so that was my Force Friday deal.