UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After seeing the catalog and some in-hand pics, I'll be skipping it the midnight events for sure.

I'll stop by a Target or two on the 4th while looking for the Animated Minimates at Walgreens. I'm down for a few lego sets and the Ashoka/Vader Rebels pack (only cause I luv the show) and that's it.

Hasbro through a combo of poor management/high profits margins has destroyed the SW line to me. The prices have increased to ridiculous levels, while the quality, sculpting, paint and articulation have all dropped like a rock. If the product had stayed the same I could live with the price increases but it's hasn't. Just look at the 1st series of the 6" Black figures and compare them to the latest wave.

When you look at DST products which the prices have only increased slightly over the past few yrs. The quality is still there and there's more accessories, better sculpting/details than ever. Hasbro is the exact opposite.

I collected the 3 3/4 line from the first wave but I stopped before the last wave due the reasons above.

SW is my favorite, but it's LEGO minifigs and some Sideshow/Hot Toys figures for me. Hasbro isn't getting my money.

Can someone explain to me what/when/where this is please?

Force Friday is the product launch for all merchandise from The Force Awakens. This means comics, books, toys, and more. It will take place on Friday September 4 with most major retailers (ToysRUs, Target, Walmart, etc.) opening their doors at midnight. All products will also be hitting online retailers at midnight as well. Hope that helps!

Yeah, I think Hasbro may end up being a bit disappointed in the Force Friday sales. I'm sure a lot of people will turn up, but my guess is also a lot of old timers that remember the Episode 1 days are skipping this to hope to pick up things cheaper down the road. You know TRU will be offering a crazy sale 2 or 3 weeks after the hype has died down and product has stopped moving.

Just look at the 1st series of the 6" Black figures and compare them to the latest wave.

The only figures I see in stores are Obi-Wan, wave 1 Han Solo, and - only at Toys'R'Us, mind you - the green stripe Clone Trooper.

I really want Cody, but I haven't ever seen Yoda, Anakin, or Bossk (whom I ordered online).

All those mint on card episode one figures im sure are worth hundreds of dollars these days with younger kids still clamoring for galactic senator action figures.

I got a few of the figures a couple of days early from a shop that didnt give a shit and already had stock up.

After seeing the catalog and some in-hand pics, I'll be skipping it the midnight events for sure.

I'll stop by a Target or two on the 4th while looking for the Animated Minimates at Walgreens. I'm down for a few lego sets and the Ashoka/Vader Rebels pack (only cause I luv the show) and that's it.

Hasbro through a combo of poor management/high profits margins has destroyed the SW line to me. The prices have increased to ridiculous levels, while the quality, sculpting, paint and articulation have all dropped like a rock. If the product had stayed the same I could live with the price increases but it's hasn't. Just look at the 1st series of the 6" Black figures and compare them to the latest wave.

When you look at DST products which the prices have only increased slightly over the past few yrs. The quality is still there and there's more accessories, better sculpting/details than ever. Hasbro is the exact opposite.

I collected the 3 3/4 line from the first wave but I stopped before the last wave due the reasons above.

SW is my favorite, but it's LEGO minifigs and some Sideshow/Hot Toys figures for me. Hasbro isn't getting my money.

Couldn't agree more on all accounts. I had every single mu figure out, doubles, and triples, and moc items, sold it all, because they decided to get cheap, and repack crap, and decrease articulation.

dSt has stayed consistent, includes stands, accessories and alt looks, way better.

I've been packing away my Clone Wars figures. When that line started, plenty of the figures had reduced articulation but Hasbro improved it over time. As much as I'd like as adult Ahsoka to finish my collection, I just can't go back to 5 POA. A figure's gonna have to be absolutely stunning to get me to add that to my collection.

Of course at this point, I'm essentially retiring from collecting Star Wars anyway. I'll still get the Tatooine aliens from Jabba's Palace and the cantina. I might get the occasional obscure character. I just see me going balls first into this sequel trilogy the way I did the last two.

Now if DST gets the Star Wars license, I'm screwed. S c r e w e d .

Same here.

The original toys that I played with I'll keep, and all the Lego that I've accumulated.

I've kept a few favorite pieces from the 90s+ , but the rest of it I let my nephew have what he wanted, gave the unwanted opened items to a couple of other friends' kids, and all of the unwanted boxed items I donated to toys for tots. I had multiples of everything, so I hope I gave some joy to some kids that Christmas.

The figures are getting too expensive for me, especially considering the trend towards less articulation. I wishlist the 6" figures that I like and if someone gets me a gift, I'm happy.

Even Lego is trending towards only offering expensive sets that I'm interested in; used to buy things if I liked the minifigures; now I only go for the actual model, and even then only if I can't build it out of parts I already have.

I really don't understand the 5 poa on the 3 3/4 line. This is the toy line that has always been at the forefront of 3 3/4 toys. I might grab some of the Black figures. If the kiddos want them, I'll get some of the 3 3/4 figures. I'll probably get all of the LEGO sets. Why in this day and age LEGO minifigs have more articulation than a 3 3/4 line is beyond me.

Well, I went to TRU. It was...disappointing. Black Series figures were nowhere to be seen, 3 3/4 were quickly picked through, and the Pop!s were gone in minutes. I managed to get a pop! Stormtrooper and a 3 3/4 Assault Walker (which I bought for the figure included). The staff kept bringing out more and more boxes of the Legos, costumes, and Nerf blasters and when asked about more figures said that they put out all they had and were waiting on tomorrow's shipment for more. Clearly, TRU did not plan this well.

On the plus side, I was able to snag an Stealth Spidey & Sandman set, so it wasn't a total waste.

I happened to catch a link to Amazon's 6" SWB TFA first wave of figures. Got 2 of the TFA Stormtrooper and the girl w/ BB-8 for $19.99 each. But Amazon had a $10 off $50 of Star Wars stuff so I got that discount plus my Prime shipping.

Oh and the wife had to have that app controlled BB-8 that was making the rounds in every newsfeed I saw today. Picked it up from Thinkgeek because they rock and got free shipping for it from them as well as a pin set for free.

Now I'm trying to stay awake for Sideshows release of the Hot Toys TFA Stormtroopers at midnight pacific time *yawwwwwn*