UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: Civil War (Aka Avengers 2.5)

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow and Hawkeye are all grouped together in two packs so we won't have to buy them again since we just got them in the AOU wave. I'm ok with buying Vision again, since he's set to get a new costume. Iron Man will probably get something new but I doubt it'll be majorly different from MK 45. Based on set pictures, Cap has his AOU outfit (which I love!). Hawkeye and Black Widow have pratically worn the same things for four movies now (three for Hawkeye) so I doubt they'll get anything amazingly new. We've already seen Falcon's new suit and I'm guessing War Machine will probably get an upgrade. Not sure about Ant Man though, although it is rumoured that he's going to turn into Giant Man. Looking at the set pictures, Scarlet Witch is getting something new as well.

Whatever the lineup ends up being I'm thinking DST isn't going to pack them in such a way as to encourage us to buy less minimates. Hopefully they'll do something to make the characters with familiar costumes a little more appealing. That didn't really happen with AoU minimates though so the cost of the tampos might rule out getting any cool new accessories. I really hope the Mk 45 gets an upgraded minimate. The AoU version looks good enough for mostly using tampos but it would really benefit from some extra armor pieces.

Yaknow it just hit me that this movie is basically going to prove if the Russos can handle Infinity War. If they can pack in this many characters and still tell a complete story in a single film then they may be able to pull off the Infinity War in two. Which is awesome.

That's....weird.

Totally. I mean we have had an action/comedy/si-fi/comic book movie with Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper as a Gunslinging taking Racoon, and Vin Diesel as a 7 1/2 foot tall tree guy who stuck is fingers into a guys brain through his nose.

But yeah, and android in a suit?!

Crazy.

Lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think it's foolish no matter who gets it first or last, especially for movies like this where the ability to see them unspoiled is so important, I will never understand the reasoning behind doing it this way.

I will agree on that. A delay of one or two days ain't that bad, but a whole week? The Ant-Man and GotG situation was awful in my case. Still, there's gotta be a reason behind this.

I think it's foolish no matter who gets it first or last, especially for movies like this where the ability to see them unspoiled is so important, I will never understand the reasoning behind doing it this way.

I will agree on that. A delay of one or two days ain't that bad, but a whole week? The Ant-Man and GotG situation was awful in my case. Still, there's gotta be a reason behind this.
Apparently it's to get in on some European holidays at the end of April but to also keep it in America at the top of May. Maybe in this case they wanted to give Jungle Book just a week more breathing room (which is fine because that movie is glorious)

I just think it'd only hurt because Americans can now pirate an Austrailian copy.

Was I the only one who was a little sad that when they go to The Raft, there weren't any cameos? Granted, Marvel doesn't let many villains live to see incarceration, but I held out hope we might see Abomination since Ross returned.

That's another thing, I'm glad they're including Hulk characters again, but it felt like it could have been anyone, I was surprised that Ross didn't seem to be there for a real reason. Not complaining, just thought it was going to end up meaning more.