UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 65 The Unknown Wave

Zak Katz

Yeah the Crazy 88 boxset was cool. Not because I care about Crazy 88, but because I thought this would be a great way to army build. To the point where I was trying to think of reasons to have a bunch of civilians in suits.

But if I could army build Hand ninjas, I'd totally buy two or three sets of those. Even if it were like a 3:1 ratio of Hand ninjas to another Wolverine or Daredevil, I'd get multiple sets.

The blind bagged / single-boxed army builders always annoyed the hell out of me, because they cost MORE per figure than the standard boxset or two-pack. The point of army builders is that I already want more than one, and would happily buy a ton at a fair price. Instead they're marked up because they come in singles.... I understand a single figure is cheaper than buying a two-pack where one is the army builder and the other is a duplicate non army builder character. But it doesn't have to be this way!

Anyway it could be a failure for DST to do Crazy 88-style army building (the army-building market might be too small), but it actually hasn't been tried yet for Marvel Minimates as far as I know.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if I could army build Hand ninjas, I'd totally buy two or three sets of those. Even if it were like a 3:1 ratio of Hand ninjas to another Wolverine or Daredevil, I'd get multiple sets.

Offer an alternate look for that anchor character and they're even easier purchases.