UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 65 The Unknown Wave

Zak Katz

I am glad that someone mentioned Beast. I have had this idea king around in my head.

Picture this:

-A Bulked up Beast

-Chestpeice has labcoat tampo

-Has a waist piece to have lab coat hanging down.

-Has extra chestpeice with no labcoat

-Extra Head/hair for Modern or Classic

That version of the X-Men seems ideal for a future Best Of wave, should they ever make one. And I wouldn't sweat Black Panther, I suspect the day is coming where we have more Black Panther 'mates than you'd believe.

Just like Ultron. About a year ago we had 2 ultrons, one hard to come by, and the other, not classic enough. Now we are literally DROWNING in Ultrons

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn - 1 of the characters has been mentioned. That means at least 3 of my wishlist is already gone (AoA Shadowcat, AoA Colossus, Enchantress, Zenpool).

And for the record - i think that the Dazzler/Howard 2-pack is one of the best 2-packs ever announced. I'm so stoked to be getting it. Whatever you guys do, don't heckle DST for releasing it. We need to encourage it so that more wacky 2-packs come out. Even if they are 2-packs of weird characters i don't want.... i'd rather see DST put out a Whizzer/Tigra 2-pack, than more IronMan/Hulk figures.

Whatever you guys do, don't heckle DST for releasing it. We need to encourage it so that more wacky 2-packs come out. Even if they are 2-packs of weird characters i don't want.... i'd rather see DST put out a Whizzer/Tigra 2-pack, than more IronMan/Hulk figures.

If I thought a positive reaction to this set would actually encourage DST to make others I wouldn't be critical of it. I think this is all about finding an excuse to make these particular characters at this particular time though.

Whatever you guys do, don't heckle DST for releasing it. We need to encourage it so that more wacky 2-packs come out. Even if they are 2-packs of weird characters i don't want.... i'd rather see DST put out a Whizzer/Tigra 2-pack, than more IronMan/Hulk figures.

If I thought a positive reaction to this set would actually encourage DST to make others I wouldn't be critical of it. I think this is all about finding an excuse to make these particular characters at this particular time though.

and what if it is? who cares? they're both being featured right now. some people in house wanted to make them. i want to buy them. i don't understand why this conversation is still happening. would i have preferred a lot of other characters over Disco Daz and Howard? sure. i'm i still going to buy them? sure. does it eliminate the possibly of another character i want being made? maybe. who knows? entire waves go to movies and i don't throw a fit, even though i don't (generally) buy movie waves. if dst replaced every movie wave ever made and filled them with caps and spideys and wolvies and hulks and just 1 new character each wave, that's a LOT of new characters we would have got. i should be raising hell. but i'm not. just move on already.

Stack can complain about it all that he wants. Just because you don't want to raise hell over something doesn't mean no one else should either. It's that kind of thinking that has been getting on my nerves a lot lately at my job. Don't expect everyone to just blindly accept everything. I am stoked about this set, but I completely agree with a lot of the points Stack has brought up in his criticism of it. Complain away people. Nothing changes if you don't.

Sure, everyone has their right to an opinion as long as Shane doesn't take exception, but lately this forum has become the perfect example of "tilting at windmills".

People that aren't getting the characters they want made need to contact Chuck via Ask DST and complain. THAT is the only appropriate channel for feedback that could potentially make any difference at all. Posting your constant dissatisfaction of character selection in hopes that Zach has any control over that aspect of the business will only ever result in more frustration.

Posting constant negative comments or being sarcastic ["Ask DST!] toward the one person from DST that has invested any significant amount of time here will never result in the one thing that people seem to universally want, more character variety.

I'm starting to think that some people here don't truly understand the responsibilities of Zach's job. The very nature of his job is to try and spin negative opinion about the product that he represents, both here and on other DST outlets (Facebook, other forums, etc.)

Does anyone honestly think he will ever formally respond to someone "You're right, we really shouldn't make anymore Iron Man Minimates!"? Even if he felt that way himself, he is never going to post that while he is representing the company.

As for why certain characters get released over others, Chuck has stated several times that he keeps track of requested characters or characters he wants to make and tries to work them in where he can. Maybe the inexplicable decision of packing Howard and Dazzler into Wave 64 was simply for the enjoyment of the people who make the toys?

Remember the Fan Choice Wave 50 poll? Chuck didn't want to do that and actively thought it was a bad idea, that only happened because Zach was pushing for that milestone event, and even then, HIS Fan Choice (Cap-Wolf) didn't get picked.

In summary:

Zach Oat = Charlie Brown

MMMV = Lucy

Cap-Wolf = Football

I think the main problem with Cap-Wolf, besides being Cap-Wolf, is there's not much reuse potential for a werewolf head wearing part of a Cap mask. He'd also need some extra tampos for the patches of fur but I suspect most of us could pass on that detail if it was necessary.

I think the main problem with Cap-Wolf, besides being Cap-Wolf, is there's not much reuse potential for a werewolf head wearing part of a Cap mask. He'd also need some extra tampos for the patches of fur but I suspect most of us could pass on that detail if it was necessary.

You could reuse them for Fal-Cap-Wolf (appearing in Sam Wilson: Captain America #2) Edited by Kostisfire

What if they make it just a wolf head and tampo the cap mask on?