UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 65 The Unknown Wave

Zak Katz

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really do need an Ultron Through the Ages set. That would sell.

Moon Knight & Toad 2-Pack

Not gonna happen. Toad's been in two films. He was in an X-Men animated series. There's no way they'd pair a big-name, high profile star like Toad with a nobody like Moon Knight.

I'd like an updated comic War Machine, personally. Since he recently appeared in Age of Ultron I guess that improves the odds of it happening.

Movie War Machine is pretty much identical to Comic War Machine, so I don't see the need for a new one really.

That wouldn't be a bad idea actually...

I know that name value has a lot of weight, but there's also something to the notion of looking cool. Do you think a lot of people are hardcore Ghost Rider fans? I would argue at this point in time there aren't many left, but he looks cool, and I would argue that Moon Knight and Punisher fit into that category as well. There is something about their design that is inherently striking, so while they may need some bigger names in the pack with them, I think they definitely are desirable characters. Punisher probably has a lot of fans based on his character as well, but if he was the same character without that design, I don't think he would have nearly the popularity that he does.

Personally, I'm a supporter of "coolness">recognition. When I was a kid I didn't know shit about Venom. But he was a cool black monster with a big tongue and jaws. That's why I bought him. That's why I bought my first Spider-Men and Batmen when I was 3 years old. That's why I bought Godzilla or a T-Rex. Do you know who the most famous comic book character was in my school? Spawn. Yep, not Batman or Spider-Man. Why? Because I came accross a pic of him, I showed him to someone else and so on and so forth, until you had 1st graders painting their Spider-Man figures black. The "cool" factor goes a long way with little children. And truth be told, the main consumers of toys are children, not 18 or 30 yo collectors.

I honestly see no damn reason why we can't get a classic Punisher, an updated Ghost Rider or a new Moon Knight. These are characters that have been around for more than 30 years and have had a buttload of solos/team memberships during those years. A single C lister will not make you go bankrupt. I just don't like the character selection in the current waves, that's the truth. Call me crazy, obsessed, a deluded cunt, whatever, I don't like how things are handled. I don't like how we're getting a wave branded "Secret Wars" while featuring no SW players. It's like making a Dark Reign wave and skipping all of Osborn's teams in order to make FrankenCastle and the New Avengers. I mean, we're getting an Axis wave and instead of the Enchantress or Medusa we're getting Kluh and another Carnage? Bloody Kluh?!

It's all Ultron. All of them.

Well, count me in for Fedora Ultron...

I've got my money on never happening as a wave:

Deathlok (to finally complete the 90's Marvel Superheroes line)

Doc Sampson

Mojo

Bulldozer

Piledriver

Thunderball

Wrecker

Speedball

There, all fixed.

Edited by Kostisfire

That warbird is excellent, and the moonstone dressed as binary is excellent too. I guess the SW version will be nice for people that dont have the warbird but thats still Ms Marvel to me and it holds up.

I agree with kostis on a lot of points, Some B listers need a definitive update. Only classic punisher we have is from an sdcc exclusive that costume detailing doesnt hold up well (that face does though), 90's Ghost rider had the mate from wave 6, then was never updated.

The missed opportunity for enchantress and medusa, maybe they will get a tie in pack in another wave or at tru. I cant remember what zach said the new guidelines were for tru mates after wave 20. Seems like he said no crossover with comic waves anymore or boxsets?

As for moon knight, has anyone told Kostis

DST already made a Moon Knight minimate?

As for moon knight, has anyone told Kostis

DST already made a Moon Knight minimate?

Pssh, I already have that mate. Though it does suffer from having a giant cape and not a lot of sculpted parts, so he comes off a bit unbalanced. Truth be told, I use Moon Knight as an example. I could have chosen Punisher, GR, Black Panther, Strange or even Medusa or heck, Magik. It's just that I got him to get my message across, though I could easily have picked another fig as my "mascot" . I mean, Kang was everywhere until he was released... Edited by Kostisfire

Isn't the first Ultron 'mate pretty close to the original design?

I think there are a number of other designs that would qualify as classic, though that would definitely be the most classic design. I think that one has held up pretty well but I'm not as enamored with it as some here. Anyway, I'm not arguing for more Ultron so much as saying it's unlikely we're going to see anything related to classic Avengers, however you would choose to define them.

8 years old, but aging like a fine wine!

I want Spider-Hulk!!

Made my day. Never thought of him.

Kinda maybe Hulk-pool too?

If it’s a comics based wave:

Kamala Khan in wave 65 or GTFO, DST!

Also a great idea

Not gonna happen. Toad's been in two films. He was in an X-Men animated series. There's no way they'd pair a big-name, high profile star like Toad with a nobody like Moon Knight.

You, Sir, are some kind of genius. Bravo!

I've got my money on:

Deathlok (to finally complete the 90's Marvel Superheroes line)

I'd love to see a Deathlok - just because i think he'd made a damn fine toy, but i'd be worried that we'd end up with a figure of this:

portrait_incredible.jpg