UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 65 The Unknown Wave

Zak Katz

It is truly amazing to me that of all the Deadpool 'mates that have been made, there is still a demand for a basic version of the character. That alone should speak volumes as to why this wave is being made, whether some are as excited about it as others or not. Personally, I like it overall, though I wish there had been a bit more variety in the versions of Wade chosen, though there are apparently alternate looks yet to be revealed. We really need Stryfe at some point, this may not have been the wave for him, but soon. We're on our 6th Cable I think, and his archenemy is still MIA?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call on those character waves, there were two Iron man mates in that wave and two Spider Man mates in the Jean Dewolf. I think there was only one Cap mate, would this Deadpool wave be the first comic book wave with the same character (different looks) in each pack?

All the non-Iron Man 'mates in that wave were Iron Man villains (I think. I'm not sure if he ever fought Stilt-Man before.).

what Cable is it supposed to be? don't recognize the look.

Pretty sure they're saying its from when he was in the future with baby Hope Summers.

Fingers crossed for a "Hope-Summers-in-a-baby-carrier" accessory like the MU version, I suppose.

Well, I can't actually say I'm disappointed, as I've tried to stop building up unannounced waves in my head, but this line-up does nothing for me.

Personally, I was expecting something like God Doom, Maximus, Wasp, Spider-Woman and the like, so I'll be dissapointed if the DP wave is 65, but I still like it. It could've been a much better DP wave as well, but, as it stands, a Siryn and Modern Domino make this a "win" in my book. I could've done without Mascot-Pool, Normal-Pool and Hero-Pool, but meh, it's a colourful wave featuring B & C listers.

Honestly with the core "Secret Wars" series extending to a ninth issue in January, DST might still have plenty of time to schedule another Secret Wars wave for 67, assuming wave 66 is an "All New All Different Marvel NOW!" wave. This time though it should probably feature the core series' main characters like the ones you enumerated.

I'm not a particularly big fan of the X-men having never read their comics but to this day my collection still lacks a Cable and a Domino so this wave fills some holes in my collection. Zenpool would've been a much better figure in the AXIS wave, replacing either Kluh or Sabretooth, but better never late than never. I have plenty of normal Deadpools though, and made my own Hydra Bob with the Cap Wave army builder. Don't know who this "Siryn" is but hey people seem to be glad we're getting her so cheers to that.

Edited by MiniMage

If 66 is "All New, All Different" are there new characters/concepts that people are really excited to see? I don't mean in terms of new versions of characters we like, I mean versions you actually want on their own merit. I swear I'm not trying to troll on "All New, All Different" but when all the new titles were revealed, I couldn't believe how indifferent I felt. When I saw Superior Iron Man, Falcon-Cap and female Thor, I instantly wanted to see them as 'mates. Nothing from "ANAD" had the same effect. I don't even recall where most of the characters landed post-Crisis, that's how much it fell flat for me.

I would call it "All New, All Lesser" but I don't like the abbreviation....

Edited by Valo487

If 66 is "All New, All Different" are there new characters/concepts that people are really excited to see? I don't mean in terms of new versions of characters we like, I mean versions you actually want on their own merit. I swear I'm not trying to troll on "All New, All Different" but when all the new titles were revealed, I couldn't believe how indifferent I felt. When I saw Superior Iron Man, Falcon-Cap and female Thor, I instantly wanted to see them as 'mates. Nothing from "ANAD" had the same effect. I don't even recall where most of the characters landed post-Crisis, that's how much it fell flat for me.

I would call it "All New, All Lesser" but I don't like the abbreviation....

Personally I'm pulling more books than ever due to ANAD (though some are going to be dropped, due to budget issues), but yeah, as far as costumes go, I can't think of anything that I "need". But if I had to come up with an ANAD wave, it'd look something like this:

1) Magik: I don't think we'll ever see a NOW!UXM 4-pack, so I'll have to settle for the redesign.

2) Spider-Man 2099: I LOVE the redesign and I think it'd make for a great mate.

3) Blue Marvel (Ultimates Costume): I love his old look, but I think his new "space explorer" outfit is boss!

4) Black Knight: Come on, it's high time we got one.

5) Hercules: We NEED a man-baun Herc mate!

6) Doctor Voodoo: Come on, he's starring in Uncanny Avengers, he's GOT to get made.

7) Black Panther: The movie one will have a lot of gold, and I prefer my BP all black with a few "bone" accessories, like the necklace.

8) Moon Knight: We don't know which costume he'll be using in his new title (new creative team is Lemire and Smallwood, starting with him in an asylum), but it'll probably be the new "main" one (black suit + white armor).

Buuut this is nothing more than a dream and, if an ANAD wave happened, it'd look something like this:

1) Anime Iron Man

2) Green-Glow Spider-Man

3) Wolverine-23

4) Sneakers Doctor Strange

5) Slightly Different (Different sash plus gloves!) Captain Marvel

6) Movie Star-Scott Lang

7) Shadowlan-er, "dark" Daredevil

8) Red Wolf (The Shanna of this wave)

Edited by Kostisfire

I generally have a lot of sympathy for new collectors trying to catch up with old minimate releases but with the last Deadpool boxset selling at or below retail everywhere (you can even have it delivered to a local Wal-mart) it doesn't seem that hard to get a Deadpool. Yes, you might end up buying a whole boxset for basically one figure, but if that's really going to bother you then you'll probably find minimates pretty frustrating anyway.

I was gonna buy that Deadpool set next week solely for that purpose, but this wave got announced.

It's not the fact that I don't want the other deadpools in that set, it's that I'd have absolutely no use for them. Other box sets that I've bought for a couple characters at least have part and accessories I want, but the only appealing part of that set is getting a regular Deadpool

what Cable is it supposed to be? don't recognize the look.

Pretty sure they're saying its from when he was in the future with baby Hope Summers.

Fingers crossed for a "Hope-Summers-in-a-baby-carrier" accessory like the MU version, I suppose.

Would think they'd reuse the baby that came out in the Walking Dead line. Even if they don't include a baby, it's an easy "custom" to make.

Cable comes with a baby.

Domino is actually Copycat as Domino, and has an alternate head and chest.

Mascot Deadpool has an alt DP head and a BD DP chest block.

Secret Wars DP (with yellow holsters) has an alternate head, hair, torso, arms and mustache.

They'll be at NYCC, and solicited after.

Edited by DSTZach

I was gonna buy that Deadpool set next week solely for that purpose, but this wave got announced.

It's not the fact that I don't want the other deadpools in that set, it's that I'd have absolutely no use for them. Other box sets that I've bought for a couple characters at least have part and accessories I want, but the only appealing part of that set is getting a regular Deadpool

To be fair, it does a have a ton of additional accessories but I did only buy it to be able to cobble a reg-pool w/o having to buy one secondary market.

Cable comes with a baby.

Secret Wars DP (with yellow holsters) has an alternate head, hair, torso, arms and mustache.

Excellent, can't wait

Cable comes with a baby.

Awesome!!!

Sounds like we should officially merge the 2 threads.

Cable comes with a baby.

-Any chance he's coming with a harness or something to make a "normal" Cable?

-Nice! 2-figs-in-1 is one of my favourite "features".

-I guess I could come up with a Battle-Damaged DP with the chest, 28 face and a few zombie pieces.

-You mean we're getting Burt Reynolds-Pool? Score!

As for Bob, well, he is essentially just a HYDRA Agent, he doesn't have anything in his outfit that sets him apart from the rest. So if you were to army build Bobs, you'd essentially be army building modern HYDRA Agents. I know I will (wallet willing).

I generally have a lot of sympathy for new collectors trying to catch up with old minimate releases but with the last Deadpool boxset selling at or below retail everywhere (you can even have it delivered to a local Wal-mart) it doesn't seem that hard to get a Deadpool. Yes, you might end up buying a whole boxset for basically one figure, but if that's really going to bother you then you'll probably find minimates pretty frustrating anyway.

Yup. If anyone is really struggling to find a Deadpool, well....

Cable comes with a baby.

Just to clarify, you mean they will be SHOWN at NYCC, right? Because you've hinted that there will be a set for sale at NYCC that will be for sale later, but I don't think that's what you meant here.

No, they will be shown there. Available in early 2016.

I don't know if Cable comes with a harness, per se, but if you take off the fur coat/cape, it's the blue Cable with the white "M" on it. From Messiah Complex/War. I don't believe we've made that one.

And Bob has a Bob face, may not be the best army-builder.

No, they will be shown there. Available in early 2016.

I don't know if Cable comes with a harness, per se, but if you take off the fur coat/cape, it's the blue Cable with the white "M" on it. From Messiah Complex/War. I don't believe we've made that one.

And Bob has a Bob face, may not be the best army-builder.

-Really?! If it's this Cable (pic bellow) then you've just made my day (you could say that the first Cable was essentially just that, but mine had a few QC problems so I used him for parts and made a temporary "Black ops" one)! This is "my" Cable (that's the costume I saw him wearing the very first time I read about him). It's just that from the pic his outfit looked black and I thought that it'd be a "scene specific" costume. Anyway, wow, this wave went from a 7.5 to an 8.5 reeeeaaaal fast!

-Well, another face and a few of my leftover 54 HYDRA Masks will do the trick.

51tXEQd9xpL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Kostisfire

i think he's referring to this Cable on the cover of X-Men vol 2 194 (I saved the pic to my photobucket but I'm at work and it won't let me copy and past the link for some dang reason) now if only we could get that Cannonball! I made a custom using the Cable chest from the most recent X-Force box set, but an official X-Man Cannonball would be sweet. Avengers Cannonball and Sunspot would also be sweet. And that Rogue, too.

i think he's referring to this Cable on the cover of X-Men vol 2 194 (I saved the pic to my photobucket but I'm at work and it won't let me copy and past the link for some dang reason) now if only we could get that Cannonball! I made a custom using the Cable chest from the most recent X-Force box set, but an official X-Man Cannonball would be sweet. Avengers Cannonball and Sunspot would also be sweet. And that Rogue, too.

Ooooh, the one from the Rogue/Sabes/Mystique team, right? Hmm, that works just as well for me.