UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 65 The Unknown Wave

Zak Katz

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can't actually say I'm disappointed, as I've tried to stop building up unannounced waves in my head, but this line-up does nothing for me.

Personally, I was expecting something like God Doom, Maximus, Wasp, Spider-Woman and the like, so I'll be dissapointed if the DP wave is 65, but I still like it. It could've been a much better DP wave as well, but, as it stands, a Siryn and Modern Domino make this a "win" in my book. I could've done without Mascot-Pool, Normal-Pool and Hero-Pool, but meh, it's a colourful wave featuring B & C listers.

happy with Siryn (tho I've also been happy with my custom), happy with Zenpool... I guess I can put Domino on my X-Men display... not too excited about the rest. is this for sure wave 65? I thought we had a Secret Invasion set in this wave. Who's standing next to Zenpool?

Edited by CortherX

happy with Siryn (tho I've also been happy with my custom), happy with Zenpool... I guess I can put Domino on my X-Men display... not too excited about the rest. is this for sure wave 65? I thought we had a Secret Invasion set in this wave. Who's standing next to Zenpool? And there should be 1 or 2 more sets with this wave, right? I'd guess a new Cable, maybe?

Lower right hand is cable

My guess? None of those.

Most likely 1 or 2 new characters that people have been asking for, and a bunch of re-do's or costume variations of existing characters that will piss off Valo.

wink.png

3 Domino, 5 Cables, 54 Deadpools and 0 Toads

I'm interested in seeing more pictures, accessories, and alternate looks. But interesting choices, I'm most excited for Zenpool, Domino, and Siryn.

This series does nothing for me. I'll get a Siryn and Domino for completeness sake, but that's it.

I'm glad that others are so pleased but for me? My favorite toy line keeps saving me all this money...

PS - There's a Hydra "Hank Johnson" one-shot for Secret Wars. Pretty amusing. The guy looks a lot like Bob, so maybe that's where the Secret Wars tie-in figure hails from?

Edited by Mystery Man

Not excited by this wave at all. I'm tired of all the X-Men.

Especially Deadpool...he's gotten more than enough love over the past few years.

I agree with you one the fact that there has been a lot of Deadpool love in the last few years, but these might do really well. A Deadpool on ebay at the cheapest is $20+ and that is for the Assemble boxset so this does give people another shot at a basic Deadpool.

What interests me is since every set has a Deadpool if this does well does that bode well for future single character based waves? I can't recall this be done out side of the Wolverine movie waves....

Not excited by this wave at all. I'm tired of all the X-Men.

Especially Deadpool...he's gotten more than enough love over the past few years.

I agree with you one the fact that there has been a lot of Deadpool love in the last few years, but these might do really well. A Deadpool on ebay at the cheapest is $20+ and that is for the Assemble boxset so this does give people another shot at a basic Deadpool.

What interests me is since every set has a Deadpool if this does well does that bode well for future single character based waves? I can't recall this be done out side of the Wolverine movie waves....

Wave 36 was an Iron Man based wave, IIRC. Wave 40-something was based on a Spider-Man storyline ("The Death of Jean DeWolf") and Cap had a non-movie wave in wave 50-something. Hopefully more characters get their own waves, too.