UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 65 The Unknown Wave

Zak Katz

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They *might* try to make an entire wave out of Deadpool, we know that DST has had a lot of success with the Deadpool boxsets in the past. If DST has been happy with the Age of Ultron 61/63 split sales numbers, then I would rearrange the waves as such:

Wave 66: Deadpool movie

Wave 67: Civil War series 1

Wave 68: X-Men Apocalypse OR Comic Themed Wave if X-Men is skipped

Wave 69: Civil War series 2

Wave 70: Comic Themed Wave

Wave 71: Dr. Strange or Comic Themed Wave?

I can see Dr. Strange being given the shared boxset approach with Comic-Con and LCS sets.

this would be awesome=)

Roberto (Sunspot) has taken over AIM. Maker will be leading (probably) W.H.I.S.P.E.R. in "New Avengers".

Ah, so it isn't enough for Marvel to make all the mutants they don't kill off into Inhumans, they have to also make them into heinous super villains. Hilarious.

Roberto (Sunspot) has taken over AIM. Maker will be leading (probably) W.H.I.S.P.E.R. in "New Avengers".

Ah, so it isn't enough for Marvel to make all the mutants they don't kill off into Inhumans, they have to also make them into heinous super villains. Hilarious.

Actually Sunspot will be leading his own Avengers team. Hawkeye and Songbird will be tagging along as well. He's still the leader of AIM, but now they've got their own island (probably the same from Spencer's Secret Avengers) and are operating from there. It seems like AIM will be going legit now, and the new "extreme science" group will be WHISPER, led by the Maker (some-what evil Ultimate Reed Richards).

As for 65, my guess is that it'll be an ANADM wave. Probably something like this:

1)Anime Iron Man

2)Totally, Extremely, Super-Duper, Holy-Moly Guacamole, Awesome Hulk

3)Spider-Man (now with uh, a green glowing spider! that counts as a new costume, right?)

4)Sneakers & Hood Doc Strange

5)DarkDev-I uh, mean Daredevil

6)Wolverine-23

7)MCU Star, Scott Lang Ant-Man

8)Hobo Karnak (the Shanna of the wave)

Edited by Kostisfire

Why do you want to hurt me man?

I just hope "Pointless Pandering" I mean, Totally Awesome Hulk comes with disappearing ethnicity action like he has in the book.

Meh, Cho as Hulk wasn't such a bad idea. Having a Hulk book be a "super-duper fun and awesome adventure" is a bad idea IMHO. The Hulk will always be Banner in my book, and let's face it, this won't last more than a year or two. I was surely expecting a funnier appreach, but this is looking more and more like an All-Ages book. Still, this new Hulk would make for a great mate...

I think I'm just growing very weary of Marvel replacing virtually every major character with a new PC friendly version. Why can't they take these characters and make them something new, instead of just taking the identity from another one? To me, Hulk is as interesting as he is because of Banner, not because of his powers. So giving his powers to someone else gives you a fundamentally less interesting character, Red Hulk for example. And I don't like it because it puts me in a very weird position, where I am opposed to characters I like. Miles Morales is a great character, but I want him to be the main Spider-Man like I want a 2 x 4 to the head. I like Sam as Captain America, and Jane as Thor, because I feel like it is going to be an interesting story, and when the time is right they will bring back the original, like they did with the Superior Spider-Man story. But now I'm just waiting for the day when Dr. Strange announces that he has always felt like a woman trapped in a man's body.

I think I'm just growing very weary of Marvel replacing virtually every major character with a new PC friendly version. Why can't they take these characters and make them something new, instead of just taking the identity from another one? To me, Hulk is as interesting as he is because of Banner, not because of his powers. So giving his powers to someone else gives you a fundamentally less interesting character, Red Hulk for example. And I don't like it because it puts me in a very weird position, where I am opposed to characters I like. Miles Morales is a great character, but I want him to be the main Spider-Man like I want a 2 x 4 to the head. I like Sam as Captain America, and Jane as Thor, because I feel like it is going to be an interesting story, and when the time is right they will bring back the original, like they did with the Superior Spider-Man story. But now I'm just waiting for the day when Dr. Strange announces that he has always felt like a woman trapped in a man's body.

I'm not dissagreeing, Cho was great just being Cho, he didn't need to become the Hulk. But sooner or later the status quo will come back, so I'm not that worried. Miles was a "natural progression" so I don't feel that he "stole" Peter's identity. NuThor on the other hand... I think the reason why all these changes keep happening is because writers just can't come up with ideas that are both original and can fit into the MU anymore. So they try these "identity swaps" to breathe some new life into the book.

As for the PC thing, well, I'm not that mad TBH. Some diversity is needed, but I do think that they're going the wrong way about it. For example, rumour has it that Faiza Housein will be replacing Captain Britain in a new title. I can't say I'm that big of a fan of that. Don't get me wrong, I like diversity in my books, but I don't want to read about Faiza, I want to read about Brian. IMO, the Miles thing is the correct approach. Feature both the new guy and the old, without taking anything away from either one.

Thing is, the "fanbase" is the problem. I remember this one thread, where a guy was trying to convince us that Brubaker was homophobic because: In an issue of Iron Fist, a big, giant, worm-like demon with a huge mouth mentioned that he likes eating pretty boys. That, coupled with his "vagina-like" appearance, meant that Brubaker portrayed all gay people as rapists. Yeah... See, it's not bad wanting more diversity and represantation, but what I consider idiotic is getting up at arms over something trivial. For example, in a recent issue where Deadpool visited Greece we got:

1)A "PAY DEBTS!" joke.

2)A "Sweet Zeus! Save me oh Godly Father!" joke.

3)A "Superstitious and cowardly lot" joke.

4)People running around in wooden carts and worshipping the Minotaur.

For me, that's incredibly racist and I'm not really bothered by that stuff. I mean, it's exactly like portraying Africans as savages who eat people and pray to the Water Gods. I mentioned that and guess what, not one person responded. They were too busy discussing whether a demon was the personificaion of Brubaker's homophobia. Hell, you can't say "Meh, I don't like that reveal too much" without someone going all "Ah yes, the cisgender males crying because one str8 white guy got replaced, smh". Thing is, this mentality is encouraged in every comic book website, to the point that responding to them gets you banned. Lots of folks, (me included) got banned for simply dissagreeing with them, while they're free to do and say whatever they like. My case:

There was a guy who tried to convince me that Abnett was a homophobic and that Bendis was a better GotG writer. After respectfully presenting my case for 3 pages while he kept going on and on about the same darn thing, I create a poll, pitting Bendis against Abnett. A few hours later I got a ban for "targeting users". I also had a second account, which landed me a 30 day ban. Meanwhile, there are people starting pointless threads, day after day, engaging in arguments, harassing people, and they never get punished. Even when reported.

Personally, I don't consider myself "racist". I have family and friends all over the world and from a lot of ethnic backgrounds. But, according to the net, I'm a xenophobic asshole simply because I'd like to see Brian remain as Captain Britain and Banner as Hulk. I don't mind shake-ups or more characters getting the spotlight, but I don't like the already established characters getting the shaft. Personally I loved Superior Spider-Man. Others didn't. That's cool. I'm not trying to make anyone agree with me. I also like Sam as Cap. Others don't. Again, that's cool, I'm not gonna call them names just because of that. I also liked Red Hulk. Others didn't. You get where I'm going with this. Taste is subjective. And I sure as hell am not going to apologize for my nostalgia or liking of certain characters.

I agree with a lot of what you say, I really don't know when it became a negative to want the character you have loved for years to still be the character you are reading about. It's like you're punished for not wanting to read the adventures of someone else, simply because they are a different gender or race or sexual orientation or what have you. Am I really not allowed to just not like something? If I'm not interested in a character, am I really expected to buy the comic anyway just to prove that I have an open mind? No thanks. And I agree, I'm glad to see a move towards more diversity, but to me Marvel is doing it the wrong way, by hot-shotting a character into a position that belongs to someone else. They know it would take years to build a character up organically and get the audience behind them, so instead they take away the character you like and the only way to read about them is to follow this new person. And I think it punishes you for being a fan in the first place because they won't even let you have the thing you want. I really like Miles as Spiderman in the ultimate universe, but I will never want him to be Spiderman over Peter Parker. And people can try to make that a political thing all they want, but that's how I feel. And if Peter keeps fading away in favor of Miles, I'm going to turn on him because he is preventing me from having something I want. And it's not because of him personally, it's the decision-making and thought process behind it that I have a problem with.

Well, you can't really build up a complete unknown from the ground up. Introduce them in a high profile book, keep them in the spotlight for a couple of years and then give them a spin-off. If it catches on good, if not, back to being a supporting character. That's how I'd do it anyway. Wishful thinking? Probably. But I really don't like this whole notion where liking certain characters makes you a bad guy. I mean, there is a "theory" that Samus is trans, and everyone who dissagrees with that is a sexist, cisgender person. Straight from Tumblr...

Edited by Kostisfire

characters i would like to see for the ANAD Marvel...

Spider-Woman

Ms Marvel

Medusa

Black Bolt

Dr Strange

The Hood

Hyperion/Nightmask/Star-Brand/Smasher

Cannonball/Sunspot in their Avengers digs

Miles Morales (i missed the first one and i'm not feeling the animated version... i could live without him, though, if it meant getting a new character instead)

I'm not really feeling any of the new X-Men looks, and considering how often they've changed, i would rather we get some more classic looks or the most recent Uncanny X-Men versions of Cyclops, Emma, Magneto and Magik... but now that that series has ended, i doubt we'll see their looks.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm genuinely curious, what is it about the animated Miles that you don't like? To my eye, it looks exactly the same as the other one without the slip over mask.

Personally, I think he looks far less detailed. The previous one had muscle definition and leg detailing. The new one just has the standard "waist definition" thingy. Plus, the webs are fewer. In general, he looks a lot "simpler" and much more plain. Truth be told though, the original is a superb 10/10 mate, so you can't really surpass it. It's in my Top 10 for sure.

Edited by Kostisfire

I will have to look at them side-by-side when he is released, but my first reaction when I saw this new one was that it would be good for people who never got the first. What does Miles typically wear out of costume? Does he have a default look? I've been meaning to make a civilian version for a while.

I will have to look at them side-by-side when he is released, but my first reaction when I saw this new one was that it would be good for people who never got the first. What does Miles typically wear out of costume? Does he have a default look? I've been meaning to make a civilian version for a while.

Not really. He doesn't have a certain civilian look.