UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 65 The Unknown Wave

Zak Katz

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who else's coming back

THE BLACK KNIGHT! http://www.newsarama.com/25407-black-knight-returns-in-all-new-all-different-marvel-series.html

PS: And according to Axel, Moon Knight's new book's coming along just great! HA! Take that, naysayers!...Wha-what do you mean you don't ca-care?! But-but, it's Moon Knight and he's getting a new book...

Not a fan of that look for Black Knight. Herc's is better, but is it a requirement now that every mythological character has to carry a ridiculously large sword?

I like the BK redesign if I'm being honest, but the classic is a bit better, that's true. As for the swords, well, I blame them JRPGs.... Edited by Kostisfire

THE BLACK KNIGHT! http://www.newsarama.com/25407-black-knight-returns-in-all-new-all-different-marvel-series.html

PS: And according to Axel, Moon Knight's new book's coming along just great! HA! Take that, naysayers!...Wha-what do you mean you don't ca-care?! But-but, it's Moon Knight and he's getting a new book...

I've always been interested in Moon Knight, maybe I will read this book to help me understand more about the character=)

I guess if they're doing a fantasy-themed book I think a more realistic take, like LOTR or GOT, would look much better. That design has a lot of things going on and I don't think they really mesh all that well. On the bright side, it would be a really complex minimate and need a lot of new parts so I think the classic costume is more likely to get made, not that either are very likely.

You're probably right on swords and JRPGs. I think the root of that is artists who only draw what looks "cool" instead of researching anything about what they're drawing. I suppose hoping for any realism with fantasy swords is a battle that's already been lost.

Before getting this new Black Knight's costume it would be great to have his classic look. Maybe a 2-pack with Sersi or that gray outfit for Black Widow... ;)

I've always been interested in Moon Knight, maybe I will read this book to help me understand more about the character=)

You should check out the 6 Ellis issues first, they are a pretty neat "first introduction". They were bloody great! Oh, and GO AND BUY THE NEW BOOK AND SUPPORT MK! JUST DO IT! DOT IT NAOOOWHHH!!!

I guess if they're doing a fantasy-themed book I think a more realistic take, like LOTR or GOT, would look much better. That design has a lot of things going on and I don't think they really mesh all that well. On the bright side, it would be a really complex minimate and need a lot of new parts so I think the classic costume is more likely to get made, not that either are very likely.

You're probably right on swords and JRPGs. I think the root of that is artists who only draw what looks "cool" instead of researching anything about what they're drawing. I suppose hoping for any realism with fantasy swords is a battle that's already been lost.

The new costume is a bit more Dark Souls inspired (especially the helmet), being lanky and slim, while also "sturdy". The classic one is pretty much a classic Knight and not so much a superhero costume.

The writer describes it as a cross between Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Of course he does.

Personally, if I had to "link" Black Knight with something else, I'd definitely go for Dark Souls. The whole point of the game is that you have to hold onto your humanity, something that Dane (usually) struggles with.

Before getting this new Black Knight's costume it would be great to have his classic look. Maybe a 2-pack with Sersi or that gray outfit for Black Widow... wink.png

Well, Gilgamesh will be a supporting character in Hercules, so give me my Gilgamesh/Sersi 2-pack!

Since the Maker is apparently taking over AIM, I'd like to see him.

Roberto (Sunspot) has taken over AIM. Maker will be leading (probably) W.H.I.S.P.E.R. in "New Avengers".

Which is apparently a bunch of people from AIM who don't want to work for Roberto

>what about The Watcher?

Still Dead.

I don't know, last time I saw Roberto during Hickman's run, he still had AIM Scientists working for him. Most are in it for the "super science!" and not the criminal part, so I don't think he'll lead AIM without any AIMs.

• 1 month later...