X-Men: Apocalypse Possibilities

Valo487

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see Marvel Studios making a 60s era FF flick that's all retro and fun. Have them interact with Howard Stark and Hank Pym for a few movies, "lose" them in the N-zone, and then "find" them during Marvel's Phase 5 so they can hang out with their contemporaries.

I can see Marvel Studios making a 60s era FF flick that's all retro and fun. Have them interact with Howard Stark and Hank Pym for a few movies, "lose" them in the N-zone, and then "find" them during Marvel's Phase 5 so they can hang out with their contemporaries.

Thats actually a great way to keep their impact while explaining their absence.

Its a little similar to Cap's origin, fish out of time travel water, but otherwise, I really like the idea.

Especially if they can also take Doom serious while still keeping some levity (hopefully not at the cost of the character, like a certain Killbot we had ruined earlier this year)

I suppose if it really worried you, you could think of X2 Jubilee as some relation of Apocalypse Jubilee (same powers due to genetics, same costume as a tribute). I have long since washed my hands of any continuity in x films (Kitty's powers) and am now just taking each one as it's own thing and enjoying what I like at the time. Having said that I think it could be argued that X1 and most of X2 still happened so I would like a black leather minimate team thanks.

Looking at those pics gotta say Jubilee is looking really good. I will buy whatever comes down the pipe minimate wise for this film. But I do wish we could get like a 10 pack of the team in there black leathers (we still dont have a movie Cyclops, Rogue or Shadowcat for cripes sake.)

Ok first off this is a different continuity than the original 3 X Movies. Basically they didn't happen. So we have to kind of forget the rest of things similar to the Star Trek movies. I hope they do a basic uniform for a guy and a girl and then give us multiple heads.

Below is quoted from an e-mail I wrote to my best friend griping and complaining about this movie:

(Please note, no insults are directed or aimed at you specifically, I wrote this over a week ago, before you even made your post, I'm just copy/pasting it because it illustrates my feelings on this matter.)

>

What annoys me is internet nerds trying to explain away the fact that an older Jubilee and Psylocke are appearing in the past of this movie, when a younger Psylocke and Jubilee have already appeared in the future of X2 and X3, with, “DOFP reset the timeline, so in this new timeline, they’ve been born earlier than before.”

That’s a ****ing stupid nerd-splanation. They're essentially saying, “Time-Traveling Wolverine altered the past, so their parents banged 2 decades earlier, I guess… because Butterfly Effect!” … that’s not a good explanation. Not that the movie will even bother to give an explanation, I’m sure. Other than yes, “Convoluted Time Travel Nonsense!”

There’s using time-travel/alternate timelines as a logical plot device to tell a story (like say, Back to the Future, or… the good Terminator movies), and there’s using it as a bullsh*t excuse to brush “a wizard did it” plot holes under the rug, and this is the latter.

Jubilee and Psylocke (AND possibly Angel, AND possibly other characters) appearing the same age or older in the 80s than they are in the present day previous X-Men movies they already appeared in, makes no damn sense, whether the past has been altered or not. I will not accept "Altering the past in DOFP forced their parents to bang and conceive them 30 years earlier, for unexplained reasons" as a plausible explanation. The parents are theoretically 30 years younger too. Would Jubilee's parents even be of banging age?

Frankly, for the age they are in Apocalypse, wouldn't their parents have to have conceived and birthed them BEFORE DOFP? I mean they're all fairly grown young adults in Apocalypse? How many years before Apocalypse does DOFP take place? Quicksilver, Magneto, Mystique, Beast and Xavier all look exactly the same, so it can't be many. For as little sense as it makes assuming their alternate birth is a result of the altered timeline, it makes ZERO sense for these characters to have been conceived BEFORE DOFP, because up to DOFP, the past should have been unaltered. These characters would NOT have been born already before Wolverine mucked with things.

There's a completely alternate reality, where anything goes, and then there's altering the past of a reality that already exists. This is the latter, not the former. It shouldn't be SO drastically different that characters are born three whole decades earlier. I could accept that certain events change, but that several characters parents would conceive them WELL before they should have been conceived, "Because reasons!" is not plausible, and poorly told. Even if DOFP did muck with the past.

PS. And I can't wait to see what kind of plot holes that new Colossus in Deadpool who seems to look completely different, and be of a different age at a different time than Cudmore's Colossus creates. (Though he does already look 10x better than Cudmore's Colossus, I admit).

No hard feelings, I just honestly don't care as much as others do. I just hope they make some cool mates out of them.

As far as minimates go - i feel like we're already in a bit of trouble where the whole cast might not get done.
A-poc's team alone is 5 people - leaving 5 slots for 'heroes'.
With a cast that we know includes Mystique, Quicksilver, Jean Grey, Beast, Cyclops, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Storm, Psylocke, Archangel, as well as supporting cast like Moira MacTaggert, Havok and possibly

Caliban, Wolverine & Stryker

- we're already looking at 17 people before we even get to the inevitable costume variants.
I *REALLY* hope we can see a nicely fleshed out cast in terms of minimates for this film, but i'm pretty sure that we're going to miss out on some people with a cast this large.

Edited by Nessex

If I had my pick it'd wind up being Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Storm, Psylocke, Archangel, Cyclops, Jean, Quicksilver, Nightcrawler.

But Mystique is probably inevitable. Most likely getting in over Nightcrawler. And Beast may well wind up taking up a slot over Quicksilver since he was shafted from Days of Future Past.

You've got 10 there, Trekker.
Keeping the wave and general box-set structure in mind, we'll probably be getting 8 figures. Maybe 12 or 16 if DST add in a box set or a 2nd wave.

You've got 10 there, Trekker.

Keeping the wave and general box-set structure in mind, we'll probably be getting 8 figures. Maybe 12 or 16 if DST add in a box set or a 2nd wave.

Then I guess knock off Quicksilver and Nightcrawler and hope they decide the Mystique we got for DOFP was definitive enough. Although maybe we could skip out on Xavier... Edited by Trekker 42

I'm pretty happy with the moxie Xaviers we've seen so far. Unless he acquires some kind of exceptional new chair or costume, i don't think he'll be different enough to warrant a new figure.
And if you want him look like he's from this new film, you can always just

take the hairpiece off the DoFP figure

And Wolverine....right? No? Ok.

Depends. We didn't get a Wolverine for First Class because he was barely in it. Could be the same here. Probably all depends on how much he does.

Speaking of First Class the Banshee cape that came with the Brotherhood wave is awesome for XMFC Banshee.

I think minimates were the only toys produced for DOFP, correct me if I'm wrong.

This is correct. And i think Marvel or Fox still has to 'ok' them, which is how we ended up having Rogue swapped out for Storm. Still - i remain hopeful.