UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Happy Birthday Kostisfire

Thanks everybody! Both for the wishes and the Moon Knight awesomeness! You hear that DST? The world demands a Moon Knight mate! You better get on that or I shall...uh....do nothing because I'm just a guy behind a computer....but I'll be really angry!...

As for my uh..."unique" situation, well, things are looking better. They reached an agreement, and while it's kinda harsh for certain parties like small time farmes and too relaxed for others (damn those government workers, damn them to hell!), honestly, I welcome it. The country was rotten to its core and while there were and stil are hard working people here, they were at least until recently (let's hope that changes) the minority. Most weren't thieves or anything, it's just that they got legally paid huge amounts of cash for doing virtually nothing, that's why the whole thing collapsed. For example, I knew a guy who got paid 2.500 euros per month to...wait for it....keep the bulding's keys safe....And the country was full of such people. They could retire at 55, they got an extra bonus at the end of their "career" (more like vacation) ranging from 30.000 to 80.000 euros and that was unfair and a whole lot of bullshit.

Personally, everyone in my family works with nature. My dad's a fisherman (funny thing is, my surname's Psarras, which translates to fisherman and I'm also from the "legendar" island Psarra), my mum and grandad are farmers, etc, etc. We never got bonuses, we retired at 67, we got a pension of 400 euros per month, etc, etc. Same goes for my uncle who owns a restaurant. So it's not like everyone was a lazy bastard who got paid to do nothing. But, the people tha were like that, were the majority. And that's the problem. Tax evasion exists everywhere, but when our Minister of gave a raise to himself, upgrading his salary to 12.500 per month, just last f@cking week, then yeah, I sure as hell am going to take Merkel's side. The woman'sa teeny, tiny bit harsh but she does her job pretty dang good.

Personally, I, and my whole family voted YES. Most of the people who voted NO, were eiher young rebelious c@nts who had never worked in their life, or such government "workers" or just illiterate people who thought that they could "take a stand". You don't bite the hand that feeds you. When you owe something you shut up, work and pay it back. That's how I was raised and that's how I see things. But, it wasn't a charity on the EUs part. They made a profit from it, but I don't blame anyone for being pissed. Lazy f@cks still exist here and there always will be, I just hope most getting their @sses down and start working. Problem is, France and Italy have an even bigger debt than us, so I fear the EU is going to turn their eyes on these poor guys now (they were actually our only "allies" at these meetings)...

It's just, the internet is not a friendly place you know? Most media showed picks of full clubs, but those weren't Greeks that were partying, they were Bulgarians, Serbians, Albanians, etc, who come here to party. And that's fine and all, the peopl came here for vacation, that's actually a good thing, but the media kinda twisted it. A lot of shops closed down, a lot of bussiness became a thing of the past, the market wasn't moving, the prices of fishes, vegetables, etc went down, it basically became a ghost country. There weren't huge parties or people going on vacation or buying expensive clothes. Propaganda is always present, but this whole "lazy @ssholes who don't work" thing was getting a bit old. Workers here (plain workers, not government vacationists) worked from 7 to 9 and got paid 300 euros per month. Things were and still are tough.

Bottom line is this: Yes, these are hard times. Yeah, some of the new laws are harsh. Well, yipitee-f@cking-doo, that's our responsibillity now. The world doesn't owe us nothing for discoveries made 3000+ years ago. Times change and the people should do, it's just that most here didn't. Well, they better do is my advice. As a fisherman's kid I never got any extra points or rewards, neither at school nor at anything else. I always did my best. Now it's their turn. But hey, I'm not gonna turn down any euros! If anybody wants to send me anything I'll gladly take it! I mean, your pockets' gotta be heavy right? Don't you want to...uh...make them a bit...lighter?

Aaaaanyway, rant over. Good news is, I'm going to University this October! And I'll be studying Artificial Intelligence, woo! I could go into physics or biology, but this Institute is our best university, so it's a good degree to have and it has some "power" abroad. There was a posibillity that I might be heading to Australia for medicine (I have family there) but I'm liking this one a lot more! I never even knew about this school until today (there are professional councelors here, who search ALL universities and they inform you about all of them) and after looking at it, I loved it! So, goodbye farmlands, helo Crete!

PS: Varoufakis should've been called I'm-here-to-f@ck-things-up-and-lead-you-to-destruction-akis....

Absolutely amazing Kostis !Clapping%20Hands.gif

My trashy comment thrown straight back in my face ......deservedly so................ you my friend have got what it takes ;)

I love Crete ....but then again I love Corfu,Ios,Santorini,Zakynthos et al.

Good luck & as I said Happy Birthday !!

Nah, don't worry about it, I actually thought that it was funny. The only way to make it out alive nowadays is to laugh at your own misfortunes. Otherwise it'll make you depressed and well, that's not a solution. I've lost 5 relatives to cancer and I almost lost my mum and dad as well. Life goes on and the smile must stay on is my motto.

As for the various islands, I regretfully have to say that I haven't travelled a lot. Funerals and health problems have a way of always appearing during the holidays. Again, thanks for the good wishes!

If that post doesn't deserve a Moon Knight, then nothing does.

From your mouth and to DST's ear... Edited by Kostisfire

Are they racist against greeks?

I wouldn't say so. My dad spent his childhood there and I still have a lot of family in Sydney. From what they've told me the "upper class" is more uptight towards everyone else, especially Aborigines. But generally they're welcoming people and if you're good at your job, they'll have no problem taking you in. Don't take my word for it though, I've never lived there, I'm just going by what I've heard.

Australia is awesome (although a bit racist), so you should definitely come study here!

Oh - also: Happy Birthday!

Sorry man but Robots > Scapel every day of the week. Every. Day. Of. The. Week... But, you what'd even more awesome? A robot Moon Knight....

Edited by Kostisfire

I am generalising, but despite being such a big, empty, beautiful country - there is a lot of racism against all kinds of people.

Greeks probably don't get too much of it these days, but they certainly did back in the 70's and 80's.

Today, it's refugees and asylum seekers that are treated appallingly. Every time i hear a new policy that the country has announced regarding refugees, i become more and more embarrassed to be from here.

Still - it's a nice place apart from that.

Aaaaand - i've totally derailed the point of this thread. Happy B'Day K :D