UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Headquarters no more?

I find that the technology aspect is not a major factor, but I am a computer engineer saying this. The issues for me are time and "customer service". The forums don't always need the attention of staff and folks need little to no moderation here, so it could be a lot worse. I would think a news site would require a lot more time usage keeping up with news as it happens.

The financial requirements can be minimal, but you get what you pay for. I would love to get the Multiverse off of our current host and host with the company that makes the forum software (IPB), making upgrades a LOT more seamless, but the site breaks even now and IPB is a big difference in price.

I too expressed interest in bringing MMHQ into the fold, but I am not sure who owns the url or where to proceed at this point. I think the site would pair well with the Multiverse, a lot like Minimates Central always has.

Do we have a 'donate' button? Can we get one? I would through money at the Multiverse....

*hurls offensive insults at Tenime contradicting his point in order to instigate a flamewar*

Do we have a 'donate' button? Can we get one? I would through money at the Multiverse....

Sort of, via the affiliate links (that I always use, and would encourage others to, as well).

Is it also possible to get links to UK Amazon? I use Amazon a lot but it's the UK version.

Ah yes, silly me. I will look into it.

This place has always been amazeballs when it comes to friendly, non-confrontational members and conversation. This is a rarity among online forums, especially online toy collector forums... comp26.gif

Okay everyone I contacted the website hosting company last night and asked about it. Basically to get the website back up we need to get a hold of whoever has the account to it and stuff but from what it sounds and seems we can reach him. They did say that we can get the name back when it's released back to the public in 90 days.

We can launch the Minimate HQ website earlier with a different extension. Instead of using http://www.minimateheadquarters.com/ we can use .net .co .us

I checked and those are the only 3 extensions that we can use. There are other ones for other countries but I think .net is our best bet if we don't wait 90 days.

I had drgnbrn on my mailing list, so whoever takes over editorial duties can get all of my Minimates-related press releases.

FWIW, I would love to read a site entirely written by buttheadsmate.

He will be editor. yes.gif