UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Headquarters no more?

Is MinimateHeadquarters.com gone for good?

Posts were getting further between, then my press e-mails were bouncing back, and I just saw that the site is gone completely.

I'm not sure I ever knew who ran it, or it was someone on here, but I am certainly sad.

If so, make sure you renumber it and give it a new costume.

Make it transgender?

I sent a PM to Fujis, as I believe he was involved at some point. I am trying...

Hey guys, yes I ran the HQ for a bit along with JattaPake and drgnrbrn316 and I carried on after JP departed (athough the archives were lost so few here will remember that). Drgnrbrn316 fully took the reigns and has been running the site solo. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from him about why the site is down or if it's coming back. As I said to Shane in a PM - I'm sure someone here in the community could take it over and continue running it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, yes I ran the HQ for a bit along with JattaPake and drgnrbrn316 and I carried on after JP departed (athough the archives were lost so few here will remember that). Drgnrbrn316 fully took the reigns and has been running the site solo. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from him about why the site is down or if it's coming back. As I said to Shane in a PM - I'm sure someone here in the community could take it over and continue running it.

What is involved with 'running' such a site ? I'd be fairly interested unless it involved computing genius .

What is involved with 'running' such a site ? I'd be fairly interested unless it involved computing genius .

So, buttheadsmate's buttliverse might actually become a real thing? Where do I sign up?

I'm not very computer-saavy and it was easy. It was through WordPress I believe and involved a tiny amount of html knowledge. Basically, we would scour the internet for Minimate-related news (ala SDCC etc.) and post articles about that. We had other features such as Barry Bradfield's control art (before DST hired him), the JP1000 & Friends strip (which I wish was still up!), and some others. Someone at the helm posting a few articles a week with the odd contribution for reviews and whatnot and the site could be back at full strength.