UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

All New All Different Marvel minimate speculation...

Zexion_Armando

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the latest issue of Daredevil, Matt talked to Kingpin about making a certain deal: Murdock would "die", getting plastic surgery to look like a whole new person. Thus, Matt would still be Daredevil, but since he'd be "dead", DD's identity will be a secret. And Fisk will still have the upper hand, seeing as he'd be the only one who'd know what the new Matt would look like. That's probably why his identity will be a secret again.

Edited by Kostisfire

Yeah, I'm eager to have that explained. Although I was eager to have Barbara Gordon walking again explained but that never happened. Friggin' reboots.

Yes it did, it's like issue 2 or something. She got better :/

During the latest issue of Daredevil, Matt talked to Kingpin about making a certain deal: Murdock would "die", getting plastic surgery to look like a whole new person. Thus, Matt would still be Daredevil, but since he'd be "dead", DD's identity will be a secret. And Fisk will still have the upper hand, seeing as he'd be the only one who'd know what the new Matt would look like. That's probably why his identity will be a secret again.

In the interview, they refer to him as "Matt" and don't talk at all about the continuity left from the previous series. I suspect this is one of those "we can undue whatever we want" type moments for Marvel.

Yeah, I'm eager to have that explained. Although I was eager to have Barbara Gordon walking again explained but that never happened. Friggin' reboots.

Exactly. And my biggest gripe about the whole thing was that they never addressed WHY she chose to stay crippled. With so many options available to her in the DCU – from alien tech to magic – she had to make a conscious decision to stay in that chair but they never brought it up. DC was content with her as Oracle until the New52 allowed them to put her back in the batsuit with an insulting "she got better" excuse.

And I miss Steph, dammit.

Exactly. And my biggest gripe about the whole thing was that they never addressed WHY she chose to stay crippled. With so many options available to her in the DCU – from alien tech to magic – she had to make a conscious decision to stay in that chair but they never brought it up. DC was content with her as Oracle until the New52 allowed them to put her back in the batsuit with an insulting "she got better" excuse.

And I miss Steph, dammit.

Even worse, they did a story- Knightfall, perhaps you've heard of it?sarcasm-1.gif - where Batman himself has his back broken and gets better. I don't recall them ever even addressing how that would have affected Barbara. "Uh, gee Babs, sorry you're still in a wheelchair while I can walk again. I can even do flips! Wanna see?"

Stephanie, by the way, is in the weekly Batman Eternal book.

In the interview, they refer to him as "Matt" and don't talk at all about the continuity left from the previous series. I suspect this is one of those "we can undue whatever we want" type moments for Marvel.

I took it as them not wanting to "spoil" the ending, but I guess a soft reboot could happen. We'll see I guess.

Does anyone else find it odd that Marvel is phasing out so much of the Fantastic Four, but Dr. Doom is still a major player?

...What

Doom is a major player because he is a major player, as is Sue and Reed and Valeria in SW, Thing and Torch have already been confirmed to have places in ANAD

I'm referring to the fact that they are downplaying the Fantastic Four to the point where they cancelled the book, but Doom was one of the focal points of this event. I'm aware they're still in the books, but Doom was still given a lot of attention for a character they can't feature in the MCU.

Doom is part of the FF character family so, yes, it's a little odd that Marvel Comics chose to put him in the spotlight for this event.

Unless, of course, they're trying to draw a distinction between the true Doom and Fox's apparent upcoming bastardization. Marvel would be in a better position to know how far Fox is straying from the source material than just about anyone.

I think it's most likely that they are giving Hickman some leeway here, since he's been building to this story for years. Forcing him to sub in Baron Zemo or something would be a huge detriment, I would think. It will be interesting how the licensing works out, since they've made such a big deal about how their partners will be supporting the book. Would DST not be able to use the main character in a wave or box set?

I totally agree with that.

Also, what if the FF ban was specifically to start fresh with the characters within their new status quos? You wouldn't want DST to have put out an FF line last month if next year you expressly WANT them to feature the characters in entirely different roles.

Does anyone else find it odd that Marvel is phasing out so much of the Fantastic Four, but Dr. Doom is still a major player?

Reed is at the center of Secret Wars but I won't be surprised if both he and Doom are gonna get shelved for awhile when All New Marvel kicks off. If anything Secret Wars seems like Hickman giving them both a big sendoff.

...What

Doom is a major player because he is a major player, as is Sue and Reed and Valeria in SW, Thing and Torch have already been confirmed to have places in ANAD

I'm referring to the fact that they are downplaying the Fantastic Four to the point where they cancelled the book, but Doom was one of the focal points of this event. I'm aware they're still in the books, but Doom was still given a lot of attention for a character they can't feature in the MCU.

Undeadpool, you gotta admit there's something going on. The ANAD Marvel reboot doesn't have a title for the Fantastic Four as the Fantasic Four. No a hint of the Richards family or their most prominent villain: no Reed, no Sue, no Valeria, no Franklin and no Doctor Doom (unless of course, he doesn't survive SW). The only F4 members present in the reboot are Johny and Ben, and they are on different teams entirely! Marvel has even stopped companies from making F4 toys entirely. Something smells fishy is all.

Reed is at the center of Secret Wars but I won't be surprised if both he and Doom are gonna get shelved for awhile when All New Marvel kicks off. If anything Secret Wars seems like Hickman giving them both a big sendoff.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Rumour has it that we'll be seeing a new Fantastic Four title with Reed, Sue, Namor and Doom as the core cast. Remember, there are still about 15 titles left to be announced (they probably will be during this SDCC).

I'd be so happy with that. Hopefully someone is good on it, because Fraction was garbage and Robinson was servicable.

I'd like to see David on the F4.

Rumour has it that we'll be seeing a new Fantastic Four title with Reed, Sue, Namor and Doom as the core cast. Remember, there are still about 15 titles left to be announced (they probably will be during this SDCC).

I'd be so happy with that. Hopefully someone is good on it, because Fraction was garbage and Robinson was servicable.

I'd like to see David on the F4.

I wouldn't get too excited. It might just be a "fan dream" that gained steam through the various sites. Still, I'd pay good money for such a book.

As for the previous writers, yeah, the Fraction run was pretty mediocre. Not to mention his FF, where Scott Lang made Doom his bi@tch. Yep, that actually happened...