UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

All New All Different Marvel minimate speculation...

Zexion_Armando

Since a ton of stuff got revealed today, let's take a look at teams and costumes for the coming year, and how... umm... yeah... I'm only posting the ones with major costume or team changes.

1435630660991_zpselsqbl6n.jpg

1435631281886_zpsufcyepah.jpg

1435631102668_zpsabkrez5f.jpg

1435631057172_zpsijfirywm.jpg

1435631219215_zpslxcdnqvq.jpg

1435632823461_zpsh4jvyrje.jpg

1435631419382_zpszdcoo1zq.jpg

1435631628542_zps6t0timgt.jpg

1435630823449_zpsopkun3ut.jpg

1435630421698_zpsxvuvam1x.jpg

1435631511575_zpswk8qnksd.jpg

1435631840267_zpsyd8oggin.jpg

1435630372378_zpsetvqszap.jpg

1435630351558_zpsfroxsuah.jpg

1435632339850_zpsf1hghfdf.jpg

1435632536820_zpsrdqp2xgp.jpg

1435630321564_zpsy1kehjya.jpg

Major characters of note: The WHOLE Howling Commandos, 3 major new X-teams, several huge Avengers teams, new costumes, and interesting solos.

This isn't all. Several other character have confirmed ongoing or can't be spoiled about what happens to them yet.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is Dazzler on the cover of A-Force, she looks terrible although I suppose who ever it is that's a shockingly awful costume.

Who's the red head on the extraordinary x-men cover? (also not liking Storms look)

If that is Dazzler on the cover of A-Force, she looks terrible although I suppose who ever it is that's a shockingly awful costume.

Who's the red head on the extraordinary x-men cover? (also not liking Storms look)

It's Dazzler's grunge costume.

And that's Teen Jean, steaming costuming from mid 2000's Rachel

Some of these I wouldn't mind seeing just because it would get us characters we should have already, but I find it very troubling as a reader how I'm not excited by any of these new ideas or developments. I'm getting very burned out on different for the sake of different.

Only things that jump out to me there are the spider stuff and ant man. I am a squadron fan but thats the modern gritty squadron which isn't high on my list.

Will take a nose at howling comando's because it looks like it could be fun. The rest is a major wait an see.

Yeesh. Guess I'm going to be saving a lot of money when they switch over both on comics, and potential minimates. Ant-man is the only one I'm interested in, and that's only because it looks like they're just re numbering the current run that Nick Spencer was already doing.

So, they're changing Spider-Man 2099's costume? That's an unexpectedly awful idea, even from the ALL-NEW Marvel.

Looking at all those covers it's tough to even find a character I'd want a minimate of.

I quite like the 2099 costume, although it looks very Spider-Gwen influenced.

Honestly, I am so tired of seeing "#1" on covers. Reboot after reboot after reboot. If you look at the top 100 comics you'd think that The Walking Dead is the longest running book in a newly discovered medium.

That said, in terms of Minimates, I just want complete teams. Otherwise it's Star Trek all over again; lots of promise with little follow through. Don't say "yes" and disappoint me.

I haven't kept up with Marvel comics in For-Freakin-Ever, but is that Galactus on the Ultimates Cover?

These are the most uninspired looking revamps. Even the Howling Commandos, which looks okay as an idea, did it better in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

Except for the GotG, non of those really scream "gotta have minimates!" to me.

Please, please, please...can we continue to get comic based minimates from 70's, 80's... even some 90's?

Maybe it's me, but I'm always surprised at these big DC/Marvel reboots/events and how much lousy stuff they come up with.

DC has gone back to the 90's with Jim Lee and all their "extremeness". Marvel is slightly better but most of this looks uninteresting and forced by corporate mandates and political correctness.

I find it odd that Marvel has to change certain things to match the movies but if anyone wants to read a comic about standard Cap, Thor, Hulk, etc (which is how 95% of the population knows them from the movies and cartoons/TV) they can't be found.

This reminds me of when I stopped reading the standard Batman titles in favor of the ones based on the animated series. That was the Batman I grew up with, in stories that lasted one issue, consistently well written and illustrated.

When comic companies decide to make such huge changes to venerable characters, they'd be wise to publish something to retain their core fans. Marvel didn't stop publishing the 616 books when the Ultimate comics took off. Likewise they should offer books that harken back to the glory days of their most popular characters.

I still can't help feeling this is their way of getting readers – IE - the built-in movie audiences – acclimated to having new characters in old roles.

Apart from Ultimates and Carnage I can't say that any of these have set my world on fire. Illuminati has an awful (for me at least) cast but I am intrigued. A lot of them do make me want to learn more about them, but none made me go apesh!t. I like Angela, Doctor Strange, Squadron Supreme and Uncanny X-Men, mainly because of the cast, but I'm not screaming at the top of my lungs. Howling Commandos is a missed opportunity to restart the Supernatural genre. They should have gone with a Midnight Sons book with Morbius, Blade, Elsa, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, etc...

As it stands, the books have some characters I love (Magik, Songbird) coupled with characters I loathe (Storm, Squirel Girl) and characters I'm indifferent towards (Colossus, Sunspot). It's a mixed bag for me and honestly, I feel relieved. With all of the shit that's going on around here I can barely afford a pull list, so now I won't feel like I'm "missing" anything. As long as Moon Knight continues (and it will because Axel Alonso confirmed it a while back and we still have 14 books to go), I'm good.

Edited by Kostisfire

It seems like there are three schools that a new Marvel book falls into, one is into a world that is very similar to the movies, two is this ultra-PC world where every facet of society has a superhero counterpart, and three is what I like to call the "Isn't this sh!t ridiculous?!" category.

I'm honestly fascinated by all of this hand-wringing over changes to the status quo, as there hasn't ever really been a "status quo" in comics. I can't think of a time when there haven't been shake-ups to teams, dramatic changes to characters, or "nothing will ever be the same!!!!" moments. Like, is it really that upsetting to see characters change their costumes, or are people just reading the same three or four issues from the 1960s over and over and over and over again? Can someone give an example of a well-developed, logical, and "acceptable" change to a team or character* in contrast with the apparently wildly irrational and arbitrary changes that are going on now?

*Okay, I'll go ahead and cite the respective marriages of Peter and Mary Jane and Scott and Jean right now. Granted.

Edited by Lobsterman