UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Valiant Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait! Valiant has been doing a good job promoting the mates. Ads in the comics, giveaways on twitter, had them at their table at C2E2 and have little photo-comics in the back of some issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone compared the colors on the 2 X-O Manowar releases to see if they match? I'd like to make a non-battle damaged version with the new helmet.

OAFE has a shot of the helmet on the first figure. Its just a head/shoulders shot but its enough to see any color difference.

http://www.oafe.net/blog/2015/08/minimate-mini-review-252-battle-damaged-x-o-manowar-bloodshot/

These sets are amazing, the second one especially. The figures them selves are wonderfully done, and the sets are packed with accessories. I love the helmet for XO and his sword. Bloodshot's alternate head is sick, cool, and awesome. I'm excited about the future of this line.

Pretty off topic, but I was watching an old Reading Rainbow episode with the kids yesterday, and there was a segment going behind the scenes with Valiant comics circa 1992. Some of those hairstyles were fantastic.

Ninjak and Rai would be my first choice too, the most toyetic of the bunch! Followed by Shadowman and Master Darque. Not as visually interesting, but down the road I'd like Archer and Armstrong. Then Eternal Warrior and Ivar. Not a huge fan of Quantum and Woody, but they'd be visually more interesting... and give us a Goat! Divinity would be neat, and if we get that far Livewire. And the Harbinger Renegades team as a boxed set.

And, since I'm dreaming, a Gold Key (I know, separate license) box set of Turok, Magnus, Solar and Dr. Spektor (I dunno, just throwing a fourth in there).