UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Joker's Hairpiece Help

Zak Katz

I want to paint a hairpiece green for Mr. J but can't figure out what I want to use. Here are two I've sorted out so far.

image_zpskutjy41s.jpg

image_zpsvumnktkr.jpg

image_zpscn25mkv5.jpg

image_zpseiljotkj.jpg

Suggestions please, and refrain from suggesting other Jokers!

That's what he had, I think. And it does, except to MY eye, the pic OVER-Wolverines his hair a bit, and using the Wolverine hairpiece only then exaggerates that.

Think back on the recent Cable hair debate... The one cover made Cable's hair look a bit like a Mohawk. Using the Mohawk hairpiece would push you too far down that road, though. You actually have to dial it down by using a receding hairline to reign in what the image was SUPPOSED to portray

I've never really been a fan of that style of humor. Anyway Luke sells Vallejo through his store, I just wanted to know what to keep a lookout for.

Great. Let's encourage him to not share helpful information.

As someone who’s also tired of ‘uncle jokes’ making up 90% of the post on this board, let me try to help:

Vallejo is an excellent paint, the colors are vibrant and it applies well to minimize plastic, it’s more expensive but I would recommend it... Don’t use Citadel, it smells bad and has a mud like feel to it, plus the dumb little jars make it hard to mix colors (can’t easily pour a small dob out, paint can get stuck in the lid and dry out your paint faster.)

I would avoid paints from Michael’s or JoAnn’s as I find they tend to fade over time (although, I do find their metallics superior to Vallejo’s so maybe there’s some merit I haven’t found to those paints.)

Finally, I always thought Kraven’s hair piece would make a good Joker hair, but I prefer the Kia Asamiya design so that might be why.

EDIT:

My wife pointed out that all the paint in our paint bin isn’t Vallejo, the majority of it is MSP (Master Series Paint) made by Reaper and sold at most D&D stores. She prefers it for painting gaming miniatures.

Edited by dr baghead

I cannot begin to tell you how much this amused me.

Anyway... personally, I'm not that fond of Vallejo paints, because they are a bit more liquidy than I like, but I'm also a terrible painter. I prefer Citadel, and don't think they smell like mud, except for the Foundation ones. The biggest drawback with Citadel, thought, is that they all have these silly names that make it hard to know exactly what you're getting. Luke does have a nice Vallejo gift set, which I do recommend.

Guys...its AppleBarrell

Is that a good brand or are you being sarcastic? That stuff is pretty cheap.
I personally don’t like it (but I had no clue I was using MSP paint not Vallejo until my wife pointed it out to me, so what do I know) but every bottle behind BroBot’s Joker was AppleBarrel so it’s either a VERY elaborate ruse or he’s serious.

Why so serious? Walmart sells a nice size bottle of apple barrel for under $2. I was going to get started with the green, but I'm still unsure. I've seen Brobots customs, his experience may make a lesser paint better.