UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gundam

Since for the first time in ages we actually do kinda have ready access to Gundam models and collectibles in the US, why not see if anyone else here actually kinda likes them. I was super hyped to see a small Gunpla assortment at Barnes and Noble, and I do now collect the Assault Kingdom mini-figures they also have there. I have an immense collection of the old Mobile Suit in Action! toys and three Robot Damashii figures to my name (Gundam Exia, Crossbones Gundam X2, and Cherdium, Gundam).

I mostly go after anything to do with Exia, I just really love that design for some reason.

Anyone else a fan of the stuff?

I love the look of the Gundam models, problem is I have no skill to assemble them. The stuff I saw when on holiday in Japan was mind blowing!

Do they do any 'action figures' that are ready to go straight out of the box? Like Figuarts style? Been trying to figure that out for a couple of weeks but didn't really know what I was looking at.

I work at Barnes and Noble and as I was scanning some stuff I saw that a few varieties of Gundams went into the clearance. I've never gotten them before, but at like... 3 bucks I couldn't pass them up.

I work at Barnes and Noble and as I was scanning some stuff I saw that a few varieties of Gundams went into the clearance. I've never gotten them before, but at like... 3 bucks I couldn't pass them up.

Ooh, do tell! I kept looking in the clearance at my local one but no luck. Everything's still full price.

I love the look of the Gundam models, problem is I have no skill to assemble them. The stuff I saw when on holiday in Japan was mind blowing!

Do they do any 'action figures' that are ready to go straight out of the box? Like Figuarts style? Been trying to figure that out for a couple of weeks but didn't really know what I was looking at.

Quite a few options! You might want to look into Robot Damashii/Robot Spirits figures if you're willing to spend FigurArts money. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=443&category=5285

Assault Kingdom mini-figures

Just looked these up. Thanks, now I'm broke.

Haha, sorry. I felt the same way when a friend told me about them. Which ones did you get?

I have several, not because I know anything about them but because they look amazing. I pick one up every once in a while when I find one that looks cool. My most recent addition was an MS in pocket on the right in the picture

post-1769-0-56589300-1432355369_thumb.jp

The third one I can't remember the name of, but the hell one that looks like Chernabog from Fantasia with the laser scythe was one as was a Destiny Gundam.

They sold pretty fast at mine, so I doubt your bins lasted long.

I love Gundam, but due to a limited amount of space, I have only been collecting the sd gashapon figures. And now I think I'm going to get some of those Assault Kingdom figs as well.

Edited by ElGallo21

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm looking for some help tracking down a gift for a friend. 

I know next to nothing about Gundam, so I'm here to see if any fellow multiverse people might be able to help.

He builds Gundam models, the impressive super articulated ones that are model kits. He's got this one, mostly white, with grey hands. He's lost a thumb and I'm searching in an attempt to replace it for him.  It's a left thumb, color grey. 

I want to say the Gundam was 9 inches tall, with wings that become shields?  

Again, they were like looking at really cool (and impressively articulated) hieroglyphics, so I'm sorry this is a vague description.  

Any help you could give towards identifying the kit, Gundam name or where to even look for a left grey thumb would be most appreciated.  

Edited by MsMarvel fan