UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Vinimates – 4" Vinyl Minimates

MisterPL

Not sure that's possible, but we'll see!

And I have been checking to see if Nerdblock would sell past boxes or even past exclusive Vinimates on their site, but it seems like a no.

Amazon has a few people selling Slimed Ray at reasonable prices:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01MRMZ08R/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I only saw one Masked Predator on Amazon (for $25) but there are a bunch that are reasonably priced on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=predator+vinimate&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xpredator+vinimates.TRS1&_nkw=predator+vinimates&_sacat=0

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, pk13 said:

Hey Zach, I noticed that the Hot Topic NBX Vinimates have a HT sticker on them. Is that just something they put on their allotment of boxes or are they exclusive in any way other than the packaging?

As far as I know, this batch is the same, although I wonder if they have an exclusive assortment with no Mayors...

BUT you reminded me that GameStop has an exclusive glow-in-the-dark Jack Skellington. Same tampo, I believe.

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/vinimate-the-nightmare-before-christmas-jack-skellington-glow-in-the-dark-figure-only-at-gamestop/133540

Just snagged the Gamestop Xenomorph the other day (Finally found one), along with a few others for Christmas. Guess more of these can't hurt. :P

Also, if I had known about the Slimed Ray or Masked Predator, I totally would have bought one of those subscription boxes. Glad to see they aren't very expensive on eBay.

On 12/21/2016 at 1:31 PM, MisterPL said:

The trick is to find a licensing category – like bobble heads – that another manufacturer doesn't already have rights to produce.

These Marvel Vinimates would be technically night lights or neck massagers or whatever but the design alone would appeal to Vinimates collectors.

Of course with bobble heads you're just adding a spring, not expensive electronics that would jack up the retail price but I assume you are picking up what I am laying down. :timbo:

Except there's something with Funko's license that prevents them from doing vinyls, so they do bobbleheads instead (Marvel & Star Wars).

DST does banks, but I don't know if they can for Marvel.

I think I have them all, either in hand or on the way. Here's what I have for a list of what's been released so far, (I'll put any retailer exclusives in parenthesis). This doesn;t include any of the announced pieces or those up for pre-order.

*Alice Through the Looking Glass*

-Alice

-Mad Hatter

-Red Queen

-Time

*Aliens*

-Alien Warrior

-Alien Warrior (GitD Blood - Gamestop Exclusive)

-Ripley

*Ghostbusters*

-Egon 

-Peter 

-Ray

-Ray (Slimed - Nerd Block Subscription Box Exclusive)

-Winston

*Lost in Space*

-B9

-B9 (Antimatter Black & White - Local Comic Shop Day Exclusive)

*Nightmare Before Christmas*

-Jack

-Jack (GitD - Gamestop Exclusive)

-Mayor

-Oogie Boogie

-Sally

-(Hot Topic has a HT sticker on Jack, Sally, & Oogie, which might be considered a packaging variant)

*Predator*

-Dutch

-Predator 

-Predator (Masked - Nerd Block Subscription Box Exclusive)

*View Askew*

-Kevin Smith (2015 SDCC Exclusive)

-Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes 2 Pack

*X-Files*

-Classic Fox

-Classic Scully

-New Fox

-New Scully

Edited by pk13

Guest Mr. Helpful

On 1 January 2017 at 1:09 AM, MisterMiracle said:

Can someone post a pic of a Minimate next to a Vinimate?

How's this?

170101_dutchVini.jpg

Vinimate Dutch on the left, Minimate on the right.

7 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

The minimate is closer to the camera...

I realize this.  That was an attempt at humor.

I was hoping to see a traditional side by side shot to see how they look when they're right next to each other.

Edited by MisterMiracle

On 12/31/2016 at 8:09 PM, MisterMiracle said:

Also, Zach...what are the chances that we can get some Marvel Vinimates (like let's say...oh, I don't know...Galactus or Sentinels or Giant Man?)

Not sure if anyone has Asked DST yet, but I think it is unlikely.

13 hours ago, Guest Mr. Helpful said:

How's this?

170101_dutchVini.jpg

Vinimate Dutch on the left, Minimate on the right.

That made coffee come out my nose. I haven't had coffee in years. 

On 12/31/2016 at 8:09 PM, MisterMiracle said:

Also, Zach...what are the chances that we can get some Marvel Vinimates (like let's say...oh, I don't know...Galactus or Sentinels or Giant Man?)

The rights would have to become available. I don't see Hasbro or Funko letting their categories go anytime soon. It'd have to be something other than vinyl figures or bobbleheads, like a bank (which Monogram currently has rights to produce).

I'm wondering who has the Marvel pencil sharpener license. 

14 hours ago, Guest Mr. Helpful said:

How's this?

170101_dutchVini.jpg

This is like the Twins sequel that never happened.

Hasbro has a master toy license. So they have everything, unless they specifically release it to someone else, or (in our case) we are grandfathered in, having been there first with Select, Minimates, etc.

Not sure how the Funko deal works (bobbleheads? bases?), or Lego (construction sets). Our Retros (and Mezco's 1:12) need to be a certain price point.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I'm wondering who has the Marvel pencil sharpener license. 

That... could actually work. It wouldn't be too elaborate or expensive, and it would be pretty easy to hide. (Maybe the figures could have removable heads with the pencil sharpener inside?) I know it's unlikely that it would ever happen, but I'd really like to see DST pursue something like this. It could be marketed as a companion line to the Vinimates. Each wave could have a couple of "Best Of" minimates in the Vinimate style and one "fanservice" character. The early Marvel Legends BAFs and the Gigantic Battles sets would be a good start.