Vinimates – 4" Vinyl Minimates

MisterPL

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Buying that Green Lantern was the biggest test of my love for this brand. That website is GARBAGE and needs to be redone and mobile optimized. It is horrific to navigate on mobile or tablet. It’s 2020 ffs a functional website is table stakes. 

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

The two ECCC 2020 VInimates are in stock and on sale now:

https://shop.diamondselecttoys.com/search?q=ECCC+2020

Does the shipping cost go down if I order more stuff? It costs more to ship Hal than to buy Hal!

The shipping is unfortunately what it is. We ship UPS because all shipping is handled by the same warehouse that ships everything for Diamond Comics. It makes more sense when you buy more than $10 worth of stuff. I had hoped most people would buy both. We still have some SDCC Vinimates as well.

You can also look at it as being cheaper than traveling to a con and buying a ticket. 

Try as I may I have to agree completely with Zach:D 

There has never been cheaper or more easier to acquire (con exclusive) Vinimates than those available this year . 

'Shipping' for me requires me to use a 'friendly' US address initially as #1 delivery address .........from there 'the goods' get sent to me in Old Blighty  .   Just saying .

Edited by buttheadsmate
sp.

yeah, the other factor to consider is that con exclusives typically get jacked up on any resale.  i bought both and paid about $15 shipping.  seems fair -- would rather not pay that shipping but it is a necessary evil.

i probably would have paid $20 for that GL anyways so i see it as paying $5 shipping for the IT.

I added some Minimate stands and an extra S.T.R.I.P.E Iron Giant Vinimate to justify the cost a bit more.

'Shipping ' became the main driver behind Ol' butt buying 'multiples' of every minimate release . That began in earnest about 12 years ago & the rest is history .  I convinced myself that I was 'saving' money by buying multiples because shipping for 6 items was often as much as shipping a single item.  There is a glaring flaw in that argument but needless to say I refused to see that flaw. :rolleyes:   Logically (Ol'butt logic) I would be able to sell on my eventual 'surplus' at a small profit & regain my initial outlay :banana: 

So here I am, 14 years after buying my first Minimate, wondering why that idea never quite panned out :D 

• 4 weeks later...

Onyx pointed out the Fire Rodan NYCC exclusive in the Godzilla thread, but there will also be a B&W exclusive Rocketeer, with a silver helmet, that's actually pretty cool. That one is in stock, Fire Rodan not yet, so they will ship separately, FYI. But we still have ECCC and SDCC exclusives, as well, in stock.

Rocketeer1.jpg

NYCC_RodanVinimate2.jpg

https://shop.diamondselecttoys.com/search?q=nycc+2020

• 4 months later...

I finally got the NYCC 2020 Fire Rodan Vinimate.  

Zach - are there any other recent/upcoming exclusives we need to be aware of at the moment?  If not, I think I'm all caught up on Vinimates.  Can you let us know if there are any more planned?  There hasn't been a retail preorder for quite some time.

I believe there will be a few SDCC exclusives, we are planning those now, so I'll keep everyone posted.

In non-exclusive news, I believe the Battle-Ready Iron Giant will ship fairly soon.

And if people were balking at the shipping costs on our old site, I believe they are lower on the new site because we use UPS Surepost. So you can still get the Angel/Spike vampire set, Halloween Comicfest Buffy in her trenchcoat, all three Rocketeers, some Godzillas, Bloody Pennywise, Gold B9... everybody but GL. And we now ship internationally, as well.

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/shop-by-type/vinimate

Edited by DSTZach

• 1 month later...