UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Vinimates – 4" Vinyl Minimates

MisterPL

22 minutes ago, Nervous Rex said:

Quick question for anyone in the know ... Has it been revealed how much of the DC universe is available for the Vinimates? Is it all movies,tv, comics, animation and games?

Reason i ask, Injustice 2 just revealed Dr. Fate, and he looks so bad to the bone..... as well as the new Blue Beetle. I think both of these would look amazing! and many more, but these two stand out for me...

I don;t know if it's all of those things backwards and forwards through time, but I'm pretty sure we have Injustice 2.

I kept saying that Batman we showed was from Injustice, but it was actually from Arkham Asylum.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok cool, thanks for a little more info on that. It seemed like it was a lot, but never really touched on (that i saw anywhere) That's great if Injustice 2 is included, i feel the main looks, so far,are much better than 1 (not including all the alt. costumes)

Actually getting excited for these, and the potential they bring!

On 3/1/2017 at 6:28 AM, Nervous Rex said:

I'll admit, I am actually looking forward to buying quite a few Vinimates going forward. I was back and forth for awhile, and knew I wanted to get at least the Buddy the Elf (fingers crossed for Santa)...

I'd be down for a Santa Vinimate.  Zach, do you know if there's going to be other Vinimates for Elf or is it just Buddy?

Edited by MisterMiracle

Yesterday I received another Vinimate from my US buddy ,Groundhog . This time it was the Gamestop Alien Warrior ,the GITD version . I like the figure but the GITD paint ain't  stupendous .

I haven't been over-impressed with how these figures (all of them) 'sit' within their relative packaging boxes . Don't get me wrong I love most of the design but the figures seem to be packed a little to high on their respective boxes making it necessary to tilt the box to appreciate the face & head of the figure . If these were sat on a shelf in a store you'd probably pass them by without appreciating their beauty ............ trust me, these things are very pretty . I think my change of heart revolves around my complete disinterest in anything 'Podcast' which initially launched this line.

What is especially intriguing to 'a guy like me' is the Alien Warrior GameStop package which is all a bit weird . The bottom of the package has a bar code sticky label  & a CE certification & the UK Diamond Comics address ..........for emphasis the ordinary non-GITD packaging has none of these things . The packaging also misses out any reference to GITD whilst the back of the package shows a picture of Ripley with the words "Also Available: Alien Warrior!" .........for emphasis the non-GITD packaging gets the wording correct  "Also Available : Ellen Ripley "  No big deal but ........... ?  

Finally all these exclusives (GameStop,nerdBLOCK & HotTopic ) obscure the toy's window yet further with their respective stickers ....unnecessary & thoughtless IMHO .

Dear DST ,let the customer see the toy, don't hide your light beneath a bushel .

I know that licensees have to approve packaging but there is a maddening lack of uniformity throughout this line . It seems to me that somebody has been given the task of designing the front of each respective new Vinimate license package blindfolded  .They seem to have four 'headlines ' ...'Vinimates' , 'Diamond Select', 'license' & 'the name of the figure'  to place on the front of the packaging ......almost every single license has a different placement.  My favourites 'PodCasts' :yucky: even get the word 'Vinimates' dropped in favour of Smodco :blink: 

Who cares ?? Me.

I like Vinimates .

We've still been working out the format, but I think we have one locked now. The podcast ones were obviously done early on, and each license's style guide sometimes makes the layout problematic. But I think"vinyl figure" is now on the side, while the front gets the Vinimates logo, character name and license.

• 2 weeks later...

I am enjoying mine, but I also dislike the way the figures sit inside their boxes. The plastic shell they sit in is too high, so you can't look at the alien or predators straight on. 

I think having more window would help but I see why it has what it has.

Also for the alien, his head is sculpted facing down. I have to constantly pick it off my desk for people to see it right. Then the predator has a permanent back arch and when I put his head down to his chest I messed up the paint on his face. Neither figure look good when viewed from straight ahead.

The masked predator exclusive is very cool as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, people wanted more Maxi-mates.  I'd say these are close.  I'm not "collecting them all" but I do have my eyes on quite a few.  That Green Lantern is very nicely done, IMO.

I have only seen one in person, so far.  It was the anti-matter B9 at my LCS.

7 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

Vinimates do nothing for me, i was going to get the ones like Dr Manhattan that would work with minimates as big figs but im thinking no now, they are too different from MM with their exaggerated feet and bent arms, and the lack of articulation sucks.  F 'em

To be honest, this was my thinking at first, but I really do like some of the designs.  Others, I just don't care for and won't get.  I like the Green Lantern & Iron Giant, for sure.  Maybe a few others.  I can display them at work and my coworkers/cleaning people won't destroy them.