UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Vinimates – 4" Vinyl Minimates

MisterPL

I will say this about all licenses DST has. If they sell well and create more opportunities, I think all of us here wish nothing but good things upon the production. I realize there are going to be licenses that some love and some hate. My point was that I hope the fate of this format does not depend on this license because I cannot support it with my dollars. I hope these things sell like hotcakes in Turkey so the format gets more opportunities. That is all.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say it however you want to say it, and don't let anyone tell you how it's supposed to be said.

If interviewed, I MAY say it as Vinnie-mates, I'm still seeing which I like better. But if the "Vin-" prefix makes people think of vinyls, that's what we were going for, so I'm not going to tell anyone they're wrong.

Furthermore, if someone wants to call Magneeto "Magnehto", I have no problem with that.

These are cool I guess. Not my thing at all but I can see why DST would go this route. The vinyl figure craze is really taking off. Just look at all the Funko POP Vinyl figures for sale at just about any convention.

There are only a handful of characters I'd consider getting in this format and none that DST would be even remotely likely to produce. So the lack of a gateway figure to get me hooked has saved me from collecting another line.

But if you're a vinyl collector then these are going to bring a unique look to your collection.

Say it however you want to say it, and don't let anyone tell you how it's supposed to be said.

If interviewed, I MAY say it as Vinnie-mates, I'm still seeing which I like better. But if the "Vin-" prefix makes people think of vinyls, that's what we were going for, so I'm not going to tell anyone they're wrong.

Furthermore, if someone wants to call Magneeto "Magnehto", I have no problem with that.

I suppose you're be okay with Sicklops and Wolvereyen, too? WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE!?

I'd go with the latter, but that's mostly because Vinnie-mates makes me think of Jersey Shore. Although weirdly I kind of like the sound of Snookimates, whatever they would be.

I don't know what's possible, except probably NOT Marvel, but Ask DST! Although given that the Godzilla Minimates and Stay-Puft Minimates are extensively sculpted to resemble the real thing, I'm not sure if a Vinimates version would be significantly different from our vinyl banks. We may not even have the non-bank vinyl-figure rights to those properties.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone else noticed that the subscription serviced Nerd Block got an exclusive slimed Ray Vinimate? I hadn't seen anything about it at all until tonight when I stumbled across a listing on ebay. So is DST going to start putting Vinimates and Minimates in subscription boxes now?

I'm not aware of any Minimates heading to subscription boxes. Not since we put some single-boxed Alien Minimates in the Box O' Dread, but those were not exclusive. But exclusive variant Vinimates or even non-exclusive Vinimates, sure.

Retailer exclusives, also. Gamestop has a glow-blood Alien right now, looks like it wasn't posted here:

CvJZ9AdWgAA_TiG.jpg

Order link:

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/vinimate-glow-in-the-dark-blood-alien-warrior-figure-only-at-gamestop/133541

And all Local Comic Book Shop Day retailers will get Anti-Matter B9 for November 19 (waiting on a store list):

AntimaterVinimate1.jpg

Regular B9 is in all comic shops now, in case that was not mentioned, and all four Ghostbusters.

LIS_B9RobotVinimate.jpg

GhostbustersClassicVinimates.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

• 1 month later...

I just picked up my First Vinimate, due to a quirk of an online order and a free shipping limit.
I picked up the alien warrior and was v.surprised at the heft/solidity of the thing. I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

Given the right licenses...(cough* Marvel*cough) I would def  pick more of these up.

T.

The trick is to find a licensing category – like bobble heads – that another manufacturer doesn't already have rights to produce.

These Marvel Vinimates would be technically night lights or neck massagers or whatever but the design alone would appeal to Vinimates collectors.

Of course with bobble heads you're just adding a spring, not expensive electronics that would jack up the retail price but I assume you are picking up what I am laying down. :timbo:

These have hit clearance at at Toys r us, 4.98 in store and online.  I've seen  X-Files, Ghostbusters and Aliens in stores.  Dutch from Predator shows out of stock online, but I haven't seen either him or Predator in stores.

I did pick up the gamestop exclusive Alien the other day.  

The Predator Vinimates are in comic shops now, as well as NBX and Alice!

PredatorVinimates.jpg

AliceVinimates-590x369.jpg

NBXVinimates.jpg

Pre-orders are open for all of the WB ones, now, too:

WatchmenVinimatesRorshack.jpgWatchmenVinimatesOwl.jpgWatchmenVinimatesComedian.jpgIronGiantVinimate1.jpgForbiddenPlanetVinimateRobby.jpg

CaddyShackVinimatesJudge.jpgCaddyShackVinimatesAl.jpg

BeetlejuiceVinimatesLydia.jpgBeetlejuiceVinimatesBeetlejuice.jpg

Another batch will be in the next Previews, including BTTF, new NBX, more Watchmen, more Caddyshack, more GB, and two new licenses!

Edited by DSTZach