UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Palz & Minimates .........I never knew

For these plano boxes, anyone have a good site or store to get them cheap? Lots of bag info in here and not a lot of box info. I have a lot in freezer bags in a giant tub under my bed, and everything else in their original boxes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've used glad ware for four years, and everything is in good shape. Plus you get the amazing smell of plastic every time you pop the lid.

Palz are very expensive...

• 2 weeks later...

I've officially started the process of re-bagging my entire collection in ultrapro propylene bags. I picked up 2 packs of 100 each. I plan to buy three more packs friday. It's certainly arduous, but thanks to this thread, my collection will be safer for it.

I just pull out a divider for those bulked up characters. I suppose you could disassemble them and most would probably still fit but I prefer not to.

The one that takes up the most room is Galactus thanks to his head gear. He takes up three slots.

As an aside, during the process I didn't notice any degradation from the craft bags I had been using since last July. The only "problem" minimates I found were the older transparent ones, like twilight Frodo and sue storm had some tackiness, but that was apparent when I removed them from their original packaging years ago.

Edited by TheKrisLyons

F1EC4849-375B-4C0B-9730-BAC674671790_zps

I'm good with space so far but if push comes to stuff, I can always take off some headgear here and there.

Sometimes the accessories just won't fit in anything smaller but that's pretty rare. Being able to stack two or three Moloids in one tiny space averages it out.

Indeed. rimshot.gif

Oh, and I have six bins, not five. The sixth one is currently empty but I'm expecting it to be occupied sometime next week.

I should probably buy a couple more because, like the Plano 2-3700, they don't make the 66-quart bins like they used to and the Plano boxes no longer fit in the newer bins. I spent a little time running around other stores to find an older one before they sold out, too. I like my system and hate to see it have to change unless it's for the better.

And speaking of sticky plastic, I noticed yesterday while reorganizing my 'mates that the red "blast off" stands that came with a previous assortment of Sentinels had gotten pretty tacky. Other orange, yellow, and blue ones are fine. Just these red ones are sticky.

I also use Plano boxes, but apparently they are a different model, since they are a bit more spacious. They are slotted for 24... whatever you're using them for. Wal-Mart carried the ones I like years ago, but they discontinued them. One more reason to hate Wal-Mart!

I'll take a shot of one of my boxes tonight so that you can get a sense of them. I usually buy them at a sporting goods store.

The original 3700 had latches that were molded into the box. Over time, with repeated use, they'd snap off.

Plano addressed that with the 2-3700 Pro-Latch which featured separate latches.

They've since reintroduced the 3700 model with the same latches but fewer slots. And yes, they've managed to get progressively smaller over time. Not by much but enough for folks like us to notice.