UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MIA

Mnemosis

An idea for a new sub-heading: a group of polls of missing Marvel Mates. Sure, we all wishlist a lot. But I'm talking about a definitive resource on who needs to be made and how popular each choice is.

Each group gets their own thread/poll:

Classic Avengers

90s Avengers

Modern Avengers

NOW Avengers

Classic X-Men

90s X-Men

Modern X-Men

NOW X-Men

Spider-Man

Mystic Marvel

Cosmic Marvel

Inhumans

Marvel Knights

Miscellaneous

We could start alternate reality thread/polls, too

Then, we can all vote on which characters from each poll we'd actually want. Keeping them separated means never having to ever a thread for which you KNOW you'd have no interest.

I just think it might stream line all of the hoping/dreaming and maybe even be a decent resource for DST. When you see Stryfe and Dane Whitman Black Knight getting all the votes, you know they need to happen pronto lol

Edited by Mnemosis

Classic Avengers - Black Knight

90s Avengers - Sersi

Modern Avengers - Jack of Hearts

NOW Avengers - don't care/refrain

Classic X-Men - Sunfire

90s X-Men - Strong Guy

Modern X-Men - Doop

NOW X-Men - don't care/refrain

Spider-Man - Mary Jane Watson

Mystic Marvel - Rintrah

Cosmic Marvel - Groot

Inhumans - Medusa

Marvel Knights - Gladiator (Potter)

Miscellaneous - Death's Head (F.P.A.)

Stack, I disagree. There are a LOT of characters - I - wouldn't vote for and a lot of posters who wouldn't vote for the ones I most want, I'm sure. You have to be honest and only vote for the ones you'd want to buy.

BV - I wasn't suggesting only one character per group. Or were you thinking that's a good way to get the ball rolling?

If so...

Classic Avengers - REFRAIN

90s Avengers - Black Knight

Modern Avengers - Wasp

NOW Avengers - Dr. Strange

Classic X-Men - Marvel Girl (green dress)

90s X-Men - Stryfe

Modern X-Men - Armor

NOW X-Men - Storm

Spider-Man - Rhino (sans bracelets/anklets)

Mystic Marvel - Shuma Gorath

Cosmic Marvel - Shi'Ar warrior

Inhumans - Crystal

Marvel Knights - NOW Moon Knight (Mr. Knight)

Miscellaneous - Deathlok

Classic Avengers - An updated "Horn" mask Iron Man, since the old one from the Iron Man box set is outdated. A new Wasp, since it's hard to get the old one.
90s Avengers -
Modern Avengers - New Ronin would be cool, Modern Wasp would be my biggest want though. And an updated Ms. Marvel
NOW Avengers - We're basically getting what I would want, since Axis has Falcon Cap, we're getting Captain Marvel, and I have to assume a Kamala Ms. Marvel is coming.
Classic X-Men - Classic Shadowcat
90s X-Men - Think I'm good here
Modern X-Men - Updated of 2000s era X-men (Black and yellow coat costumes, those Minimates are ancient now)
NOW X-Men - Domino, Modern Rogue, Modern Rachel Grey.
Spider-Man - Classic Mary Jane Watson (First appearance), Modern Mary Jane Watson, Classic Peter Parker, Modern Peter Parker, Miguel O'Hara, Silk, First Costume Silk, Spider-UK, Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon), a new Mayday Spider-Girl that's actually red and blue, Ultimate Black Widow (Jessica Drew), Bullet Points Spider-Man, Assassin Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider (Kaine)... I could go on forever.
Mystic Marvel - Eh
Cosmic Marvel - Modern GOTG, Guardians 3000
Inhumans - Literally everyone
Marvel Knights - Eh, I think we're pretty good here.
Miscellaneous - Red costume Fantastic Four.

Classic Avengers: Black Knight, Hellcat, Quicksilver green costume, Mockingbird, and Tigra are the only ones I REALLY want.

90s Avengers: werewolf Cap

Marvel Now Avengers: Dr. Strange, Wasp, Havok, Rogue, Odinson, and old man Cap would top my list.

Classic X-Men: Banshee, Sunfire, Marvel Girl (green dress), Kitty Pyrde training outfit, Brotherhood Rogue, 80s Rachel Summmers yellow Phoenix costume

90s X-men/factor/force: Sunspot, Syrin, Havok, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, Polaris, Multiple Man

New & Astonishing era X-Men: Xorn, Quentin Quire, Armor

Marvel Now X-Men: Magneto, Cyclops, Magik, Emma, Jubilee, Storm, Psylocke, Beast, X-23, Professor Kitty

Cosmic: Moondragon, Mantis, comic Guardians (orginal version of the team), Gladiator, Quasar, Silver Savage

Inhumans: the rest of the royal family

Random: Deathlok, Agent 13, Machine Man, Misty Knight, Man-Thing

BV - I wasn't suggesting only one character per group. Or were you thinking that's a good way to get the ball rolling?

Guess I just interpreted it that way. Maybe define/simplify the categories and expand a little bit. Like putting all Avengers and all X-Men eras in one category. Adding a F4 and Hulk category, absorbing Inhumans into F4 or Cosmic or whatever. That way you cover the entire universe and force everyone to pick a little of everything instead of just naming off dozens of characters. Again, that's just how I interpreted it.

And I totally understand where Stack is coming from, look what happened in the Walgreens threads.

Edited by bigvis497

Sure, I'll play.

Classic Avengers- Black Knight

90s Avengers- Quasar

Modern Avengers- Mockingbird

NOW Avengers- Wasp

Classic X-Men-Sunfire

90s X-Men- ADAM X THE X-TREME YO

Modern X-Men-Xorn

NOW X-Men-Doop

Spider-Man- Spider-Ham

Mystic Marvel-Man Thing

Cosmic Marvel-A FULL SIZE ROCKET RACCOON

Inhumans-Medusa

Marvel Knights-Um... is this really a grouping? Does anyone even remember this?

Miscellaneous- Frog-Thor

Classic Avengers-none
90s Avengers- none
Modern Avengers-wasp
NOW Avengers-dr. strange
Classic X-Men-none
90s X-Men-shadow king
Modern X-Men- kitty pryde
NOW X-Men-cyclops
Spider-Man-jackel/goblin knight
Mystic Marvel-man thing
Cosmic Marvel-watcher
Inhumans-crystal

Marvel Knights-moon knight(now) or shang-chi(modern)
Miscellaneous-spider bots/spiderlings

I'm going to go with one character/team per group:

Classic Avengers: Black Knight
90s Avengers: Sersi
Modern Avengers: Wasp
NOW Avengers: Mockingbird
Classic X-Men: Silver Samurai
90s X-Men: Stryfe
Modern X-Men: Cat-Beast
NOW X-Men: Bondage-Men 4pack with: Cyclops, Magik, Frost and Magneto
Spider-Man: The Superior Foes
Mystic Marvel: Modern Doctor Strange
Cosmic Marvel: Annihilators 4-pack with: Quasar, Gladiator, Ikon, Silver Surfer (you need an anchor) + Cosmo static fig
Inhumans: The Royal Family
Marvel Knights: NOW! Moon Knight
Miscellaneous: Machine Man

Classic Avengers- Black Knight

90s Avengers- Justice

Modern Avengers- Mockingbird

NOW Avengers- Wasp

Classic X-Men- Sunfire

90s X-Men- Havok

Modern X-Men-??

NOW X-Men-??

Spider-Man- Boomerang

Mystic Marvel- Man Thing

Cosmic Marvel- Gladiator

Inhumans- Medusa

Marvel Knights-Uhhh... I really liked Impossible Man's appearance in Marvel Knights "4". Does he count?

Miscellaneous- Machine Man

And my logic for being able to vote for multiple options is thus:

I'd buy Machine Man AND Deathlok. I'd buy almost any 90's X-character you could list off. If we each only got to vote once per category, it would be an unrealistic representation of who truly wants what.

Consider this: if 20 people vote their top pick, it'll look something like five for Stryfe, three for Strong Guy, and then twelve characters each with one vote apiece. BUT, if 20 people get to vote for who they would buy, now you may see 18 Stryfes, 15 Strong Guys, 12 Mavericks, 6 X-Ctuioners, 4 Adam X's, and so on... but you might also see 20 Black Tom w/plant parts, because while he might not be anyone's first choice, he might be a figure EVERYONE would buy. And that's sort of the point of this little exercise - to show who (based on the multiverse) would actually sell, not merely who is most popular.

Why not limit it to three picks per category, wouldn't that satisfy both arguments?

With three, people aren't going nuts listing their entire 459 character wishlist and you're getting a better representation of what people want.

Just a thought.

Edited by Ronan The Accuser

I hope this what you were talking about

Classic Avengers: Classic Black Panther

90s Avengers: Black Knight

Modern Avengers: Wasp

NOW Avengers: Medusa

Classic X-Men: Tri-Senitel

90s X-Men: Mojo

Modern X-Men: Pixie

NOW X-Men: Legion

Spider-Man: Ze Leaper

Mystic Marvel: Brother VooDoo

Cosmic Marvel: Original Yondu

Inhumans: Crystal

Marvel Knights: Punisher

Miscellaneous: Death-Wish

EDIT- Changed Blind Al to Death-Wish

Edited by Gmonkey2k

Here's my votes and I added a category for the overlooked 80's Avengers.

Classic Avengers - FA Wonder Man

80's Avengers - Dr Druid

90s Avengers - Crystal
Modern Avengers - Pass
NOW Avengers - Pass
Classic X-Men - Sunfire
90s X-Men - Pass
Modern X-Men - Pass
NOW X-Men - Pass
Spider-Man - Molten Man (Yellow, not gold or translucent)
Mystic Marvel - Brother Voodoo
Cosmic Marvel - Adam Warlock (Starlin)
Inhumans - Triton
Marvel Knights - Prowler
Miscellaneous - Jack of Hearts

Edited by Ronan The Accuser

And my logic for being able to vote for multiple options is thus:

I'd buy Machine Man AND Deathlok. I'd buy almost any 90's X-character you could list off. If we each only got to vote once per category, it would be an unrealistic representation of who truly wants what.

Consider this: if 20 people vote their top pick, it'll look something like five for Stryfe, three for Strong Guy, and then twelve characters each with one vote apiece. BUT, if 20 people get to vote for who they would buy, now you may see 18 Stryfes, 15 Strong Guys, 12 Mavericks, 6 X-Ctuioners, 4 Adam X's, and so on... but you might also see 20 Black Tom w/plant parts, because while he might not be anyone's first choice, he might be a figure EVERYONE would buy. And that's sort of the point of this little exercise - to show who (based on the multiverse) would actually sell, not merely who is most popular.

Yeah, it's... kinda wonky. Not sure how to go about it best.

See...

If we're picking who we'd actually buy, I WOULD have to cast a vote for every character, because... I'm a completionist. I would, will, and plan to buy every Marvel Minimate made. Period. And I like new characters. So if you want an honest and unrestricted account of who I'd buy, I'd pick everyone.

If you want things reined in a bit, and more an account of which characters I personally have the most desire for, well then I'd list off 20 or 40 X-Men, and to hell with all the other categories, lol. I'm exaggerating a bit. There are likely a few other names from the Marvel Universe I wouldn't mind. But it's MOSTLY unmade mutants I want.

So if it's "pick 3 in every category" as Mnemosis said... It wouldn't be an accurate list of all the characters I want most, because I want my #4, #5 & #6 X-Men choices more than I'd want any random Avenger (as an example).

I think it would have to be unrestricted, but also boiled down to a sort of honor system of restraint. I might cast a vote for every character in the X-Men polls anyway, but I could probably limit myself to a few key choices in the other categories, lol.

In any event, I have no idea who to pick in a lot of these categories without options laid out. But I can give you a list of about a zillion unmade X-Men I feel are essential if you'd like! biggrin.png lol...

Edited by Gillbob316

For categories, I always think of how Marvel used to divide their editorial staff into families. And then add some slight tweaks here and there to be comprehensive. Something like:

Avengers (team-centric stuff only, branch off the core three)

Iron Man

Thor

Captain America

X-Men

Hulk

Spider-Man

Fantastic Four

Cosmic

Horror/Supernatural/Magic

Urban/Daredevil/Punisher

Miscellaneous (anything that doesn't fit any of the above but doesn't warrant it's own category like 2099, lower tier villains that aren't limited to any one hero, New Warriors, Marvel UK, Golden Age, Atlas-Era monsters, SHIELD, Millie the Model, NFL Superpro, go nuts.)

I can see going that route. Like Gil, though, I know I'll go X-Men heavy. Breaking up the eras seemed like a good way to not get any one poll TOO overloaded.

Let's say this... When we get to voting, we leave it open, but everyone is on the honor (honour, for some of you) system to specifically vote only for the characters you actually WANT. If that's every Avenger listed, that's fine. But if there's anyone you'd only buy "just because," then let's save the vote.