UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Allow myself to introduce... myself

Hey all!

Inspired by Gregio, I thought I'd finally officially introduce myself. I'm Jason Kerouac, 34, originally from New Hampshire, late of Indiana. Early animated X-Men appearances got me into the first Toy Biz figures which got me into the 90s comics which was a slippery slope into Legends, Selects, and Universe figures. When the 90s X-Men started showing up in earnest among the 'Mates, I began collecting passionately.

Over the past year or two, customizing has become a hobby of mine. For those who partake, you know this means not just buying toys because you want them, but for the potential of what they may become. The Minimate play pattern makes this extra easy, and has really helped me branch out my collection.

Thanks all, for making this such a great hangout. There is nowhere I spend more time online...except maybe eBay lol

A late welcome too, Jason!

I started to collect during the great times from Toy Biz Era! After a lot of disappointment, the minimates get my heart too! Sometimes the mates remembers me the Toy Biz line when we had a lot of Wolverine figures but a ton of misc characters too! Tjings you don't see anymore in other modern toylines.

What got me for sure in this line was the X-Men Outback team and opened the doors to a lot of other completed teams like New Mutants, classic X-Force, a good option of Age of Apocalypse figures and a lot more!

Zex - LOL!

Gregio - You're absolutely right... the five inch Toy Biz X-Men and Spider-Man lines were so unique! We got Quark, a bit character from a Mojo-centric Annual issue! That line was so amazing, but scale was inconsistent and they never cranked out quite enough figures at a time to ever get a complete team. Minimates do such a great job of supplying complete or MOSTLY complete teams, it's really amazing.

Have you ever tried customizing?

Lol - thanks, Nessie ;p

Edited by Mnemosis

got the Punisher Van, one of the best marvel toys ever. I remember having a Hulk with a talk box on his back too. Always wanted those harder to find Secret Wars.

Spidey and Xmen toy biz was awesome. All those spidey villains was sensory overload!

Have you ever tried customizing?

Lol - thanks, Nessie ;p

I confess I never customized a figure! But the mates line is perfect for that with all the extra parts.

But if I decide to make some customs I think I would start with XMen DOFP comics. The green jumpsuit from Kitty with a storm head and aunt may hair, a colossus with the green pants and maybe some other quick customs for Magneto and Franklin Richards!

Edited by Gregio