• Spyder-Knight
    • Spider-Man Noir
    • Death
    • Uatu (The Watcher)
    • Doctor Doom
    • Stan The Janitor
    • Boomerang
    • Whirlwind
    • Wrecking Crew (Pick one comment in which)
    • Iron Fist
    • Nighthawk
    • Peter Porker (Spider Ham)
    • Hyperion
    • Rocket Racoon (Articulated
    • Awesome Android
    • Steel Spider
    • Scarlet Spider (Flash Thompson)
    • Spider Army/ Osborn Soldier
    • Modern Taskmaster
    • Cartoony Deadpool
    • Principle Coulson
    • White Tiger
    • Jack-o-Lantern
    • Attuma
    • Wrecker
    • Ulik
    • Super Adaptoid
    • Deathlok
    • Frankensteins monster
    • Mojo

why is thread even needed? its already running in the Marvel section where it was originally posted, chill out Gmonkey i know you like to post but sometimes its a bit too much

People asked for an official poll, and I delivered. That it.

Please forgive the double-post, but i felt like this needed to be highlighted in both threads:

A few things to consider - the character has to have appeared in the animated Ultimate Spidey or Avengers Assemble (and eventually Guardians). We also have to adhere to some guidelines, so if the top choice can't be done, we'll take choice number two (and so on) - but we'll push as hard as we can for the top choice. All I need you to do is vote for one character (and costume if there are multiple) below. Everyone that votes gets only one vote so make it count! Share this with fellow collectors for the best turn out. My vote is obviously for Squirrel Girl...

I know that everyone is listing off their top 5, or 10, or.... 296 choices for animated minimates they want made, but could we limit ourselves to just 1 single vote on the poll so that this gets taken seriously? We've been given pretty clear instructions. Let's make the most of this situation and hope that it's a big enough success to warrant it happening again in the future.

It looks like people are loving the janitor Stan. I still went with Hyperion though. I just don't think I would care for a Stan Lee minimate. I would much rather have a comic miniate that we normally would not get like Hyperion or Man-Thing.

Yeah - i'm actually kind of horrified to see the Janitor beating out Squirrel Girl and Man-Thing.

There's a very serious lack of women in this poll (which is reflective of the shows content more than anything else). For that reason alone, i might change my vote from MT to SG.

Personally, I'm at the point where I'd love most of the possibilities. Stan, Man-Thing, Uatu, Mojo... they'd be my first choices, but... Squirrel Girl, Hyperion, and the like are all great options, too. As long as it's a carryover figure that fits with the comic figs, I'll be happy

Any new sculpts we get with the animated line *could* also be repurposed for comic style mates down the road.

I really think these are going to fit with the Comic versions pretty well. Been watching more episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man since the announcement, and the episode in Season 3 where Squirrel Girl premieres could also give us an awesome new Juggernaut, a character I'm sure could help anchor a future set.

The "Howling Commandos" episode with Living Mummy, Werewolf By Night, and Frankenstein's Monster would make for cool 'mates too.

Any new sculpts we get with the animated line *could* also be repurposed for comic style mates down the road.

This is *kinda* why i'm hoping for Squirrel Girl, Man-Thing or Uatu.

Yeah - i'm actually kind of horrified to see the Janitor beating out Squirrel Girl and Man-Thing.

Yeah, it's a tie between Stan Lee and Adam West in terms of who I owe the most gratitude for being the introduction to the things I've loved since childhood, but I also am somewhat stunned by the fact that one of the few opportunities we get to directly choose a character to be made for a 'mate line people aren't choosing someone who might never otherwise get made. They could make an actual Stan Lee 'mate for Mallrats, Mallrats 2 or Comic Book Men, or maybe even for his website. This isn't his only shot. But to each their own.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this is also true for animated versions?

Chris P.

What are the chances of getting a Stan Lee Minimate? I know you don’t
pick up licenses just for Minimates so you could roll out a few
different Stan Lee products like a vinyl bank and an updated 8″ classic
retro style figure. It’s just that we have all these great Marvel
Minimates and yet we don’t have the “face” of Marvel Comics to join
them. I know I’d buy several so I could create all of his Marvel movie
characters. Perhaps a convention exclusive 2-pack of Stan Lee and
Spider-man or a box set of Stan Lee in some of his most memorable movie
costumes (“Hugh Hefner” from Iron Man, the security guard from Winter
Soldier, hot dog vendor from X-Men)? Thanks! Chris Polansky

DSTChuck: Chris, we did ask Marvel if our rights to the movies
did include the characters that Stan Lee has played, and we were told we
were not cleared to do product of him, so sorry, it’s a no-go for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Update - looks like we'll be moving forward with 2 of the top 4! They'll be announced at San Diego Comic Con!