UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Yea, Another Star Wars Thread...

i would probably need to get a second job if star wars minimates ever happened. so many storm troopers and rebels. and of course everyone in the cantina gets a figure (special box set for the band). hammerhead will end up being even more sought after than silver age angel. i’ll tell myself that i’ll only stick to the original trilogy, but once they release darth maul i just get pulled right back in. now i’m waiting for AOTC jango and mace windu. then eventually it’s mando.

would love to see it in my lifetime lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, minifigvig said:

i would probably need to get a second job if star wars minimates ever happened.

I've recently gotten back into collecting Star Wars 3.75" figures (largely due to the relative rarity of Minimates). As someone who started in 1978, I've got almost all the OT figures I need and have sworn of everything else after acquiring entirely too much PT and Clone Wars figures and vehicles. There's very little Disney-era in my collection.

My focus had been narrowed to TVC (no more 5POA for me, thanks) but then along came The Mandalorian. Ugh. My poor wallet. If The Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan are up to par...

... yeah, I'll be right there with you at my Star Wars toys job. ?

On 12/10/2021 at 9:47 AM, MisterPL said:

If The Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan are up to par...

“I find your lack of faith disturbing”

(not really lol but i had to throw it in there)

we’ll find out soon with boba! and i love ewan mcgregor so i’m happy to see him back. mando is a tough act to follow but i’m hoping they’ll pull through.

• 8 months later...

Ugh, they didn't pull through. But I will still occasionally chime in for Star Wars MiniMates. It sounds like they wait for e.g. the Disney Store to request items, rather than pitch them to Disney Store. I have no idea how this stuff works, I only know I want 'em.

I would be all-in if they did something similar to GI Joe with "vintage" single cardbacks.

40 minutes ago, elhonez said:

Ugh, they didn't pull through.

turned fett into dangerfield, “no respect! 👋🏽

vader and kenobi fight scenes were cool but yeah i can’t think of any ‘mates i would want from either of those series…except for maybe Thundercat as the cyborg surgeon lol

but! it won’t stop me from spending stupid amounts of money on star wars minimates if they ever get made.

12 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

For the love of God, NO!

I need to save for retirement and don't have that many years left.

Allegedly I am 'retired ' but even I* would go without heat & food for Star Wars minimates ..... I previously did for Star Wars kubricks . I'm not going without beer though.

7 hours ago, Navaan said:

Yeah this would be killer to my shelf space... and yet...

Great for heat insulation.

* a non-Star Wars fan