UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best Marvel Minimate

Some good calls here.

For me - how about tru wave 9 Warlock. Totally nutty.

Wave 21's Mark 1 Iron Man is (still) my favourite movie figure and if push comes to shove currently my best Marvel Minimate.

Although tru wave 15 gave us the Nova Flame Torch which is a thing of beauty and a Transforming Thing which is a beauty of design work.

So many to choose from.

• 4 weeks later...

I do have a lot of nostalgia weighing in on this, but Wave 50's Cyborg Spider-man is up there for me. The detail they put into it, getting it so completely accurate to the way it looked in the comic - something that only was in like 2 issues ever. Excellent.

fig1632flg.jpg

Hail Ivan.

Peter looks angry. Like he's pissed off that his "spider-sense" (whatever the hell that is) is going off. Maybe he was trying to enjoy the local cinema and it went off like a cell phone.

Great accessories, though. Minimates could use some trash cans.

Pepper "Rescue" Potts is my #1 (thx again, Zach!) &

fig0237flg.jpg

(Ivan roolz!)

is my #2 -- I think it's cuz his cape fans out (& he's just so darned cute!). :)

I keep hoping we'll get a new split-face Peter in this suit of clothes that he always featured prominently in during Ditko's original run:

Couldn't you just do that by taking the head off the "half and half" Peter and put it on a regular Peter body?

I keep hoping we'll get a new split-face Peter in this suit of clothes that he always featured prominently in during Ditko's original run:

It seems like that would be really easy to do, though. Just a little bit of knife work to connect two heads, really. I'd personally rather see this head as a pack in to a new Peter Parker Minimate, personally. But that's just my opinion.

Couldn't you just do that by taking the head off the "half and half" Peter and put it on a regular Peter body?

Nope, because we've never gotten Peter in those specific clothes. Also, that old head from way back (fond as I am of it) is a little dated.

Nope, because we've never gotten Peter in those specific clothes. Also, that old head from way back (fond as I am of it) is a little dated.

You could probably make the body at least. looks like a JJJ suit with the vest painted yellow would probably work out perfect

This is super duper tough. So many brilliant marvel mates. This would be easier for me if it was favorite minimate of all time (its not Marvel) My wife always teases me when i say something like "that guy was my favorite" or this guy was one of my all time favorites". So when i show her something she always say "let me guess, he's your new favorite?" lol. Its true, I change my mind so often, depending on what my interests are at the time, or even what season we may be in.

Having said all that, I think there is one minimate that has continually impressed me from the second i got him. It was a minimate that I actually passed on, but then years later needed his chest cap for a custom. I liked it so much that I went out and bought another one just to keep at my desk. I'm not even a real fan of the character, or bad guys in general, But the "Iron Monger" minimate from the iron man movie wave is so good. For a bulked up figure, I feel it moves very well. Very smooth, and doesn't get hung up on itself or fall apart, like other bulked up figures. He just looks so nice, I always find myself grabbing him and moving him around. Not m favorite, but in my opinion the best Marvel mat made up to this point. Here are my top 3, with two other perfect minimates.

1. Iron Monger : Wave 21

2. "Bucky" Captain America : Heroic Age boxset

3. Iron Man : Best of wave 1